Current Affairs Dec 18 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 18.
Inter-state e-way bill a must from Feb 1.
- The government has decided to make electronic permits or e-way bill mandatory for inter-state movement of goods from February 1.
- The GST Council had decided that the nationwide e-way bill system will be ready to be rolled out on a trial basis latest by January 16.
- Trade and transporters can start using this system on a voluntary basis from that date.
Maharashtra ranks first in prisoner’s web-based video hearing in courts.
- Maharashtra bagged the top rank in the country in 2016 in using web-based video conferencing to produce prisoners before various courts.
- The method was used for 7,000 hours to produce 77,624 prisoners for hearing before courts last year.
- Rajasthan followed Maharashtra with the use of video conferencing for 2,000 hours to produce 20,000 prisoners in the same period.
As per NCRB report, Bengal tops in crimes by foreigners in 2016.
- National Crime Records Bureau Revels West Bengal tops the list when it comes to crimes committed by foreigners, way ahead of national capital Delhi and tourist hotspot Goa.
- In 2016, as many as 520 foreigners committed crimes in Bengal, a figure that is three and a half times more than Delhi.
- The NCRB report also shows that Karnataka, with 91 foreign criminals, comes third, followed closely by Goa with 80. Tamil Nadu is fifth with 64 foreign criminals.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 18 updates which are trending in the country.
Microsoft AI helping Indian farmers increase crop yields.
- New technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cloud Machine Learning, and advanced analytics are empowering small-holder farmers in India to increase their income.
- In collaboration with ICRISAT, Microsoft has developed an AI-Sowing App powered by Microsoft Cortana Intelligence Suite.
- The non-profit ICRISAT conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world.
Gadkari looking to launch India’s first private rapid transit system.
- Minister for road transport and highways, Nitin Gadkari has said a private rapid transit project connecting New Delhi to Haryana has cleared all major hurdles.
- Gadkari said that the EOIs called earlier in 2016 will be scrapped inviting them there were no standards and procedures for the implementation of the project.
Uttarakhand CM says the govt to bring the anti-conversion bill.
- At a BJP meeting in Haldwani CM Trivendra Singh Rawat said that an anti-conversion bill would soon be tabled in the assembly.
- The Uttarakhand high court in November had asked the state to make the law to curb conversions.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 18 Updates from around the globe.
China conducts the test flight of the second prototype of the passenger jet.
- The second prototype of China’s indigenously-built passenger aircraft successfully completed its maiden test flight.
- The prototype of the C919 plane took off from Shanghai’s Pudong International airport this morning for the test flight.
- The aircraft, in development by the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (Comac) in a bid to compete with Boeing’s 737 and Airbus’ A320 series of passenger jets.
North Korea marks the 6th anniversary of Kim Jong Il’s death.
- North Koreans on Sunday marked the sixth anniversary of the death of Kim Jong II, the former leader of the country and father of current leader Kim Jong Un.
- Kim Jong Il died at age 69 on Dec. 17, 2011, reportedly of a heart attack.
- North Koreans are expected to avoid drinking, entertainment and inappropriate displays of enjoyment on the day before and the day of the anniversary.
Trending National News
Trending News that took place around the world on Dec 18 Current Affairs
US, Russian, Japanese crew takes off for International Space Station.
- A trio of US and Japanese astronauts and a Russian cosmonaut blasted off from Kazakhstan for a two-day trip to the International Space Station.
- Commander Anton Shkaplerov of Roscosmos and flight engineers Norishige Kanai of Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency and Scott Tingle of NASA lifted off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome at 1:21 pm local time.
- The crew will gradually approach the station, which orbits about 250 miles above Earth, for two days before docking.
Saudi Arabia allows women to drive trucks and motorcycles.
- Saudi Arabian women will be able to drive trucks and motorcycles, officials have said three months after the kingdom announced a historic decision to end a ban on women driving.
- The Saudi General Directorate of Traffic gave details of the new regulations that will follow the lifting of the ban on the official Saudi Press Agency.
- Saudi Arabia was the only country in the world to impose a ban on women driving and its maintenance.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 18 updates by reading the news.
MSTC-Mahindra vehicle recycling plant likely to complete in February 2018.
- Mahindra MSTC Recycling, the country’s first auto-shredding project, is on track and the first phase of the plant is likely to be complete in February next year.
- Mahindra MSTC Recycling, the joint venture between state-run metal scrap trading firm MSTC and Mahindra Intertrade Ltd, is likely to make the first phase of the project operational by February 2018.
- The total cost of the project is estimated at Rs 120 crore.
UIDAI suspends Airtel, Airtel Payments Bank’s eKYC licence.
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has temporarily banned Bharti Airtel and Airtel Payments Bank from conducting the e-KYC process of mobile customers.
- The licence cancellation by UIDAI comes in the wake of allegations of Bharti Airtel using SIM verification of customers on the basis of Aadhaar and then initiating the process to open bank accounts.
- Additionally, UIDAI also objected to allegations about such accounts being linked to receive LPG subsidies.
Appointment news that took place around the world on Dec 18 Current Affairs
Vikas Singh takes the appointment as SC Bar association president.
- The Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) elected senior advocate Vikas Singh as its president and defeated senior advocate Dushyant Dave.
- The lawyers’ body has 1,865 members, 49 of whom figure in the list of 50 top individual taxpayers in Delhi.
Resignations and Retirements Updates
Brazilian great Kaka retires from football.
- Former AC Milan and Real Madrid midfielder Kaka announced on Sunday that he is retiring from football.
- Kaka announced this year he would not extend his contract with Orlando City but he opened the door to a possible return to Milan.
- Kaka said Milan, with whom he won the Champions League in 2007, had offered him a role but did not specify the exact nature of the job.
Current Affairs Dec 18 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Shikhar Dhawan becomes second fastest Indian batsman to reach 4000 ODI runs.
- Shikhar Dhawan became the second fastest Indian batsman to reach 4000 ODI runs during the third and final ODI at Visakhapatnam.
- The fastest Indian to reach the landmark is Virat Kohli (93 innings).
- Among international batsmen, South Africa’s Hashim Amla (81 innings) holds the record for the fastest to reach the milestone.
Sushil Kumar wins gold at Commonwealth Wrestling Championships.
- Sushil Kumar wins the gold medal at Commonwealth Wrestling Championships, first medal in international wrestling since 2014.
- Competing in the 74kg weight category, he defeated New Zealand Akash Khullar in the final to clinch the gold medal for India.
- India’s other wrestler in the same category, Parveen Rana won a bronze medal.
More Sports News
Read in detail about the club that won the Club world cup for the second consecutive time on Dec 18 Current Affairs.
Real Madrid retains Club World Cup for Second consecutive time.
- Real Madrid picked up a fifth trophy of 2017 by beating Gremio 1-0 in Abu Dhabi to retain the Club World Cup.
- A third Club World Cup in four years brings Madrid level with rivals Barcelona as the most successful side in the competition’s history
- Ronaldo has now scored 15 goals in 20 appearances for Madrid this season.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 18:
|Questions | Dec 18 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 18 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 17-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 17-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.