Current Affairs Dec 19 2017
Read the latest national news from across the country in Current Affairs Dec 19.
Central Government extends time for public comments on data protection framework.
- The union government has extended the deadline for public comments on white paper related to data protection framework to January 31, 2018.
- Supreme Court on August 24, 2017 declared right to privacy a fundamental right.
- The government had formed a 10-member committee in July 2017 to recommend a framework for securing personal data in and address privacy issues.
- A committee under Justice B N Srikrishna, has sought public feedback on a white paper over data protection framework.
PM Modi to launch Delhi Metro’s new Magenta Line for Christmas.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate a part of the new Magenta line of Delhi Metro.
- The line helps citizens travel from Janak Puri and Noida.
- It will be inaugurated on December 25, the DMRC said today.
- The 12.64-km line will reduce travel time between Noida and south Delhi.
- The Delhi Metro’s new driver less trains will also ply on this line. However, for the two-three years, the trains will have drivers.
- The construction work of two parallel tunnels on this corridor was completed simultaneously at Dabri Mor.
- Two Tunnel Boring Machines, ‘Riddhi’ and ‘Siddhi’, emerged at the Dabri Mor station after boring 1.2 kilometre-long twin tunnels.
Chief minister Yogi Aditya Nath to inaugurate Lion Safari in Etawah in February 2018.
- UP Chief minister Yogi Aditya Nath will inaugurate the Lion Safari in Etawah in February next year.
- Deer, bear, antelope and leopard safaris will be opened for public in the first phase of the project.
- Etawah Lion Safari, currently has four lions and three lionesses–Jessica, Heer and Kunwari, and two cubs–Sultan and Shimba.
- The government recently approved the inauguration ceremony of the safari in February.
- Awas Vikas, the nodal agency of the project worth 25 crores, has been asked to complete all pending work by January.
- At present, fencing work worth Rs one crore is underway at the safari,” said PP Singh, director, Lion Safari.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 19 Updates from around the globe.
French Town creates world record by stitching longest wedding dress train.
- A Guinness World Record has been set in France for the world’s longest wedding dress train, measuring over 8,095 meters long.
- Dynamic Projects, with the help of 15 volunteers, spent two months stitching individual pieces of the train before sewing them all together.
- The team also incorporated part of the previous record- breaking garment that measured 1,203.9 metres.
- The wedding dress was unveiled in Caudry, a French town famous for its production of lace, 11 years after the Guinness World Records title was first set there.
South Africa’s ruling party African National Congress has elected Cyril Ramaphosa as its new president.
- African National Congress has elected Cyril Ramaphosa as its new president.
- Outgoing President Jacob Zuma’s second and final term as party leader has ended after a scandal-ridden tenure that has seen a plummet in the popularity of Nelson Mandela’s liberation movement.
- One of the South Africa’s richest businessmen, Ramaphosa is a veteran of the struggle to end the country’s former apartheid system of white minority rule and helped negotiate the transition to democracy.
- Zuma’s term as South Africa’s head of state ends in 2019. It is not clear if Ramaphosa as the ANC’s new leader will call on Zuma to resign as the country’s president, which the party has the authority to do.
London gets it’s first female bishop.
- Sarah Mullally was appointed Bishop of London, the first female to take the job in the Church of England.
- Mullally will succeed Richard Chartres to become the 133rd bishop of London.
- Sarah will be formally installed as the bishop at London’s St Paul’s Cathedral in the new year.
- She was the former and youngest Chief Nursing Officer for England, before she was ordained in 2001.
- Mullally became Bishop of Crediton in southwest England in 2015.
Important Business deals and agreements. New Launches and acquisitions, all under one roof at the Current Affairs Dec 19.
FICCI and KPMG Report: 27% Indians covered by health insurance.
- A joint report by FICCI and KPMG revealed that only 27 per cent of Indians have health insurance.
- The report, “Health savings account in India”, revealed that the government expenditure is approximately 1.4 per cent of the country’s GDP.
- But the private sector expenditure constitutes 70 per cent of the total healthcare expenditure out of which only eight per cent is covered through insurance.
Bharati Airtel set to acquire Tigo Rwanda.
- Indian Telecom operator Bharti Airtel has signed an agreement with Millicom International Cellular S.A. to acquire 100 per cent stake in its Rwanda operation (Tigo Rwanda).
- Tigo’s 370 million customers will join Airtel Rwanda. The acquisition will make Airtel Rwanda the second largest operator in the country with revenues of over USD 80 million and a market share of over 40 per cent.
- It operates in 15 African countries apart from India and South Asia.
- Bharati Airtel had acquired assets in Uganda (Warid) and Congo B (Warid), Kenya (yu Mobile) and consolidated operations in Ghana (Millicom).
- It is one of the largest telecom service providers across the continent in terms of geographical reach and had close to 83 million customers.
Interesting news from the world of sports. Current Affairs Dec 19 is bringing you the Records, titles and wins of various sports from across the country and the globe.
Australia beats England in the third test of the Ashes.
- Australia reclaimed the Ashes after bowling England out for an innings and 41-runs in the third Test in Perth.
- The Australians now look to sweeping the five-Test series with victories in the final two Tests.
- The next two tests are in Melbourne starting on Boxing Day and in Sydney early in the new year.
Aryaman, Akarshi won the Junior National Badminton Championships.
- Aryaman Tandon and Akarshi Kashyap won the U-19 boys’ and girls’ singles competition respectively in the 42nd Junior National Badminton Championships.
- Second seeded Arindam took on his Air India team-mate Rahul Bhardhvaj in the summit clash.
- Akarshi took on Vaidehi Choudhari of Maharashtra, and found it easy and after an initial fight, she won 22 -20, 21-11 to be crowned the champion.
- She also annexed the under-17 girls’ championship after she beat second seeded Malvika Bansod 21-23, 21-17, 21-12 in a hard-fought contest.
- In the under-17 boys’ singles event, third seeded Maisnam Meiraba of Manipur won the title with 21-13, 21-10 win over third seeded Amit Rathore of Madhya Pradesh.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 19:
|Questions | Dec 19 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 19 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 17-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 17-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.