Current Affairs Dec 20 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 20.
IIM bill passed by Rajya Sabha granting more autonomy.
- The Rajya Sabha passes a bill, extending greater autonomy to the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) by restricting the government’s role in their functioning.
- The Indian Institutes of Management Bill, 2017 which was passed in the Lok Sabha in July this year grants statutory powers to the IIMs in their running including the appointment of directors and faculty members.
- The bill gives them powers to award degrees instead of postgraduate diplomas.
Telugu the language of Indian soft power says President Ram Nath Kovind.
- President Ram Nath Kovind said Telugu is a global language, it is the language of enterprise and technology, of Indian soft power.
- He said these words in addressing the valedictory function of the World Telugu Conference.
- The president says that Telugu is the bridge language between the south and the north.
Almost 2500 cr funds allocated for Ganga clean-up lie unused says CAG report.
- Almost Rs 2500 cr of the funds that were allocated to the Namami Gange programme lay unused with various agencies as of March 31 this year, according to a Comptroller and auditor general (CAG) report.
- The performance audit of the Namami Gange program looked at availability and utilisation of funds in 87 projects.
- The report says in West Bengal the water quality is even worse, with all 10 stations failing to meet the norms.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 20 updates which are trending in the country.
India-US hold first meet on designations of terrorists, groups
- India and the US concluded their first dialogue on designations of terrorist groups and individuals through domestic and international mechanisms.
- The establishment of the ‘India-US designations dialogue‘ mechanism reflected their commitments to strengthen cooperation against terrorist threats.
- The dialogue took place to discuss increasing bilateral cooperation on terrorism-related designations.
UP CM Yogi to attend the launch of Magenta Line.
- UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath is likely to participate in the inauguration of the 12.64-km Kalkaji Mandir-Botanical Garden section of the Magenta Line in Noida on December 25.
- Though both Noida Authority and Gautam Budh Nagar district administration officials are yet to receive a formal programme schedule.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 20 Updates from around the globe.
Canada, the US to host North Korea crisis talks in January.
- Canada and the United States announced they will host a summit of foreign ministers in Vancouver on January 16.
- It will be including envoys from Japan and South Korea, to seek progress on the North Korean nuclear crisis.
- US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the meeting would seek to further increase pressure on North Korea to come to the table to negotiate an end to its nuclear program.
Trump nominates Susan Thornton as top diplomat for East Asia.
- President Donald Trump has nominated a career foreign service member, Susan Thornton, as top US diplomat for East Asia.
- Thornton has been serving in the position in an acting capacity since soon after Trump took office.
- Thornton joined the department in 1991 and has been posted previously in China and former Soviet republics.
Saudi Arabia says it intercepts the Houthi missile fired towards Riyadh.
- A ballistic missile targeted the royal court at al-Yamama palace, where a meeting of Saudi leaders was underway, spokesperson for the Houthi movement said.
- There was no official word on this assertion, but a royal family member appeared to confirm the missile was aimed at a royal palace meeting.
- The attack happened hours before Saudi Arabia was due to announce the country’s annual budget in a news conference.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 20 updates by reading the news.
Indian-origin tycoon Sanjeev Gupta purchases ArcelorMittal’s US steelworks.
- UK-based Indian-origin metals tycoon Sanjeev Gupta’s Liberty House Group has completed the purchase of the South Carolina-based Georgetown steel mill from ArcelorMittal.
The deal between Sanjeev Gupta’s Liberty House and NRI steel magnate Lakshmi N Mittal’s US steelworks had been agreed to earlier this year.
- Liberty will initially re-hire 125 former employees at Georgetown and then build the workforce to 250 in the medium term.
Ola acquires Foodpanda India from German firm for $200 million.
- Cab aggregator Ola said it will acquire Foodpanda India business from Germany-based global online food ordering and delivery marketplace Delivery Hero Group for $200 million.
- According to the cab aggregator platform’s statement, the deal includes the transfer of Foodpanda’s India business to Ola in an acquisition deal in exchange for Ola stock.
- The company also said Founding Partner at Ola, Pranay Jivrajka takes the appointment as interim CEO of this business unit.
Current Affairs Dec 20 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
IPL auction on January 27, 28 in Bengaluru.
- The mega-auction of the Indian Premier League’s 11th edition will take in Bengaluru on January 27 and 28.
- This year’s auction will see teams having an increase in the budget of Rs 80 crore from previous Rs 66 crore.
- In all five players can be retained by a franchise, which includes two Right to Match cards.
Pujara grabs the third spot in ICC Test Player Rankings.
- India’s middle-order batsman Cheteshwar Pujara improved a place to grab the third spot in the latest ICC Test Player Rankings.
- Pujara, who has scored 4,396 runs in 54 Tests, currently has 873 points in the list of Test batsmen
- Top-ranked Smith moved closer towards Don Bradman’s highest-ever ranking points
- Smith is already ahead of Bradman with regard to the number of Tests at the top
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 20:
|Questions | Dec 20 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 20 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 19-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 19-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.