Current Affairs Dec 21 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 21.
The government says there is no plan to abolish articles 35A and 370.
- The government said there was no proposal as of now for the abolition of articles 35A and 370 which give special status to Jammu and Kashmir.
- The reply came in response to the question posed by Akali Dal MP Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa about the status of abolishing Article 35A and Article 370.
- Union minister of state for home Hansraj Ahir said no proposal regarding the abolition of Article 35A and Article 370 in respect of Jammu and Kashmir is at present under consideration of the government.
Cabinet approves new Consumer Protection Bill.
- The Cabinet approved a new Consumer Protection Bill that seeks to establish an authority to safeguard consumers’ rights.
- According to sources, the Cabinet has approved the introduction of the Consumer Protection Bill, 2017, which will result in withdrawal of a bill brought in 2015.
- The consumer affairs ministry has brought this bill as there were many amendments to the bill introduced in 2015.
Lok Sabha passes Immovable Property (Amendment), Bill.
- A bill to amend the regulations governing compensation payable for acquisition of immovable property by the Centre for defence and security purposes was passed by the Lok Sabha.
- The Immovable Property (Amendment) Bill, which was moved by urban development minister Hardeep Singh Puri, was adopted by a voice vote.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 21 updates which are trending in the country.
Govt okays Rs 1300 cr for skill development in the textile sector.
- The Union Cabinet approves a new skill development scheme having an outlay of Rs 1,300 crore with an aim to create jobs in the organised textile and related sectors.
- The decision was taken at a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The scheme will cover the entire value chain of textiles, excluding spinning and weaving in the organised sector.
Sachin Tendulkar to initiate debate in Rajya Sabha.
- Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar for the first time in Parliament today will be demanding the “right to play” for children.
- Tendulkar, who had often received flak for skipping sessions, has submitted a notice to lead a debate on “Right to Play and the future of sports in India” in the Upper House, to which he was nominated in April 2012.
- This will be the first time Tendulkar will be initiating a full-fledged debate in Parliament.
India to be part of a summit on North Korea’s nuclear crisis.
- India will be a part of an international meeting hosted by the US and Canada next month to discuss North Korea’s nuclear threat.
- US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and his Canadian counterpart Chrystia Freeland made the announcement during their meeting in Ottawa.
- The meeting co-hosted by the US and Canada will take place on January 16 in Vancouver.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 21 Updates from around the globe.
Turkey bans New Year celebrations at Istanbul’s iconic Taksim Square.
- Turkish authorities will not allow New Year celebrations at Istanbul’s iconic Taksim Square for security reasons.
- Ismail Kilic, local police chief of Istanbul’s Beyoglu district, said security measures had been doubled this year following a string of attacks over the past two years.
- Turkey has suffered a series of terror attacks attributed to Kurdish militants and the Islamic State group, including a shooting at popular Istanbul nightclub Reina during a New Year 2016-17 party.
Chinese jets carry out multiple drills around Taiwan.
- Chinese jets conducted drills near Taiwan’s airspace for the sixth time this month, as relations between the two rivals worsen.
- China poses the biggest military risk to self-governed Taiwan, as Beijing sees it as part of its territory to be reunified at some point.
- The two sides split after a civil war in 1949. Although Taiwan is a self-ruling democracy, it has never declared independence.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 21 updates by reading the news.
People can pay for Xiaomi devices through Google Tez.
- Xiaomi announced that it has integrated a new payment option powered by Google Tez on its e-commerce platform Mi.com and Mi Store app.
- Xiaomi has added a new payment option powered by Google Tez digital payment service.
- Users can now make cashless transactions on both Mi.com and the Mi Store app as Google Tez payments service operates atop the Unified Payments Interface.
Aircel to shut operations in six circles from January 30, 2018.
- Telecom operator Aircel will shut operations in six circles, including Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra, from January 30.
- It is shut downing following the sectoral regulator TRAI’s direction to the company to help its subscribers port out to other service networks.
- TRAI directed all telecom operators to accept the request of Aircel subscribers to join their network until March 10, 2018.
Appointment news that took place around the world on Dec 21 Current Affairs
Uber appoints Barney Harford as the chief operating officer.
- Uber Technologies Inc said that the ride-hailing firm has appointed Barney Harford as the chief operating officer.
- Harford, a former chief executive officer of online travel website Orbitz, will join Uber on January 2.
- New CEO Dara Khosrowshahi, who replaced co-founder Travis Kalanick in August, has been critical of past practices and vowed a new era of compliance.
Chandika Hathurusingha takes charge as Sri Lanka coach.
- Chandika Hathurusingha took charge as Sri Lanka cricket coach looking to replicate the success he found with Bangladesh.
- Sri Lanka has been without a coach since Graham Ford resigned six months ago. Fielding coach Nick Pothas had been the interim coach since then.
- Hathurusingha, who was contracted with Bangladesh until the 2019 World Cup, resigned to take up the job in his native country.
Resignation and Retirements News
Trending Resignations and Retirements News that took place around the world on Dec 21 Current Affair
Kerala JD-U leader resigns from Rajya Sabha.
- Kerala Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader MP Veerendra Kumar resigned from the Rajya Sabha.
- His resignation came after rebel party leaders Sharad Yadav and Ali Anwar were disqualified from the Upper House.
- The 80-year-old who was also the JD-U state chairman said he submitted his resignation to Rajya Sabha Chairman M. Venkaiah Naidu.
Agreements that took place around the world on Dec 21 Current Affairs
India, Myanmar sign MoU for Rakhine State’s development.
- India and Myanmar signed a MoU to develop Rakhine State, from where thousands of Rohingya Muslims have fled to Bangladesh following a military crackdown.
- Foreign secretary S Jaishankar and Myanmar’s deputy minister for social welfare U Soe Aung signed the Memorandum of Understanding.
- The minority Rohingya community does not enjoy citizenship in Myanmar and is sparingly given refugee status in Bangladesh.
IAF issues request for proposal to HAL for 83 Tejas aircraft.
- Indian Air Force issued the request for proposal (RFP) to state-run aerospace behemoth Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for the procurement of 83 Tejas light combat aircraft at a cost of over Rs 50,000 crore.
- The IAF had earlier placed an order with the HAL for 40 Tejas aircraft.
- The sources said the final deal for the procurement is likely to be inked within the next five months.
Current Affairs Dec 21 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
India thrashes Nepal 10-0 in SAFF U-15 Women’s Championships.
- India Under-15 women’s team scored five goals in each half to thrash Nepal 10-0 in a one-sided group encounter of the SAFF Women’s Championship at Dhaka.
- Anay Bayi became the fifth Indian on the scoresheet with her strike in 69th minute.
- India will now face Bangladesh on December 21 in their final group encounter.
Birmingham set to host 2022 Commonwealth Games host.
- Birmingham is expected to be announced as the host city for the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- England city Birmingham was chosen as Britain’s candidate city in September, beating a rival bid from Liverpool.
- Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) President Louise Martin will formally make an announcement at a news conference in Birmingham today.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 21:
|Questions | Dec 21 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 21 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 20-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 20-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.