Current Affairs Dec 22 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 22.
Nirmala Sitharaman in Himachal to set off govt formation.
- Union defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman and rural development minister Narendra Singh Tomar who have been appointed as observers by the parliamentary board reached Shimla.
- They reached Shimla along with party state in-charge and Bihar health minister Mangal Pandey.
- The main aim of our visit is to gather feedback on the formation of government in Himachal.
RK Nagar records 77.68% voter turnout, polling ends peacefully.
- Polling for the high-stakes RK Nagar assembly by-poll in Tamil Nadu ended peacefully with a record 77.68% voters.
- The voter turnout is higher than the 68% recorded in the 2016 assembly elections when former chief minister late J Jayalalithaa contested the seat.
- The result of the by-poll is likely to be seen as a report card of the 17-month-old AIADMK government.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 22 updates which are trending in the country.
BJP to start Tripura campaign from December 27.
- In the 60 assembly constituencies of Tripura, the BJP on December 27 will organise 60 rallies, kick-starting the campaign for 2018 assembly polls.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP national president Amit Shah and Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath will campaign in the Tripura polls.
- There are 35% OBC voters in the state, of which 90% belong to the Nath and Debnath communities and are followers of Gorakhnath.
Yogi Adityanath government to launch cow ‘safaris’ in 24 districts.
- The Aditya Nath Yogi government will launch “cow safaris” in at least 24 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- These “cow safaris” will have a set up in at least 24 districts, mainly around metro cities and in Bundelkhand region.
- Animal husbandry minister S P Singh Baghel says cow shelters on the lines of Kanha Upvan will take a start under each of the 16 municipal corporations in the state.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 22 Updates from around the globe.
Nawaz Sharif appoints brother Shahbaz as PM candidate for 2018 elections.
- Former Pakistan premier Nawaz Sharif has appointed his younger brother and Punjab chief minister Shahbaz Sharif as his party’s candidate for the post of prime minister in the 2018 general elections.
- The announcement was made as senior leaders of the ruling PML-N party met at Nawaz’s Jati Umra residence.
- According to media reports, Nawaz praised Shahbaz for his hard-working nature and devotion to public service.
India joins more than 100 countries to reject Donald Trump’s Jerusalem move.
- India joined 127 other countries in the UN General Assembly to vote for a resolution that effectively rejected United States president Donald Trump’s move to recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
- The resolution, which declared Trump’s move “null and void”, was passed 128 to 9 and 35 abstentions.
- This was the second time in a week that the US found itself isolated on this issue.
Israel PM Netanyahu calls UN ‘house of lies’, rejects vote on Jerusalem.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu dubbed the United Nations a “house of lies” on Thursday.
- He said it ahead of a General Assembly vote on a resolution rejecting US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
- The State of Israel rejects outright this vote, even before it passes, he said at a ceremony in southern Israel.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 22 updates by reading the news.
Reliance Infrastructure sells Mumbai power unit to Adani Transmission for 18k crore rupees.
- India’s Reliance Infrastructure, part of Reliance Group, said it has agreed to sell its Mumbai power generation, transmission and distribution business to a unit of Adani Enterprises for around 18,800 crore rupees.
- The deal will provide Reliance Group controlled by billionaire Anil Ambani with a 30 billion rupees cash surplus.
- Adani Transmission Ltd, the power distribution arm of Adani Enterprises, will pay an initial 132.51 billion rupees for Reliance’s Mumbai power business.
Azim Premji Trust sells 2.73% stake in Wipro.
- IT major Wipro said the Azim Premji Trust, along with other promoter entities, has sold its 2.73% stake for more than Rs 5,700 crore in the recently concluded buyback offer.
- The price for the buyback offer was fixed at Rs 320 per share.
- The Azim Premji Trust and PAC sold 17,96,69,656 shares at Rs 320 apiece, according to Wipro’s regulatory filing.
Flipkart to carve out internal Artificial Intelligence unit.
- India’s largest online retailer Flipkart is making an ambitious push in the area of artificial intelligence by carving out an internal unit called AIforIndia.
- He also said Flipkart is looking for AI-related acquisitions in India and in the US.
- In 2015, Flipkart had acquired the F7 Labs in the Silicon Valley to focus on areas such as AI and machine learning.
Defence News that took place around the world on Dec 22 Current Affairs
India to seek the supply of radars, missiles by 2018.
- India is all set to take a big stride in exports of arms and equipment with the defence ministry in the process with many countries for the supply of radars, helicopters and missiles, and tank upgradation by 2018.
- For the first time, Saudi Arabia is sending 10 of its nationals for training to become officers at the National Defence Academy (NDA) next year.
- On its part, Armenia is interested in purchasing DRDO- manufactured radars for battle-field theatre and long-distance artillery ammunition from India.
Current Affairs Dec 22 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
India retains 105th spot while Germany remains top in FIFA list.
- India football team remained in the 105th position while Germany finished first to be named the ‘Team of the Year’ in the FIFA rankings.
- The Sunil Chhetri-led side, who didn’t play any international fixtures since the previous rankings retained their spot with 320 points.
- Argentina and Belgium were ‘Team of the Year’ in 2016 and 2015 respectively.
Dwayne Bravo first to 400 T20 wickets.
- West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo became the first man to complete 400 wickets in Twenty20 cricket.
- Bravo is well ahead with Lasith Malinga who is occupying the second spot collecting 331 wickets followed by Sunil Narine who has 307 wickets.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 22:
|Questions | Dec 22 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 22 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 21-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 21-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.