Current Affairs Dec 23 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 23.
Vijay Rupani retained as BJP’s Gujarat chief minister, Nitin Patel his deputy.
- The BJP decided to continue with Vijay Rupani as Gujarat’s chief minister, while Nitin Patel will remain his deputy.
- The decision was taken at a meeting supervised by Union finance minister Arun Jaitley in Ahmedabad.
- In the polls held earlier this month, Rupani won Rajkot West seat with over 53,000 votes and Nitin Patel retained his Mehsana seat.
Read More in Detail about above news: Current Affairs
Supreme Court creates history with winter vacation bench.
- Creating a first in its 67-year history as the final frontier of justice, the Supreme Court set up two vacation benches for disposal of urgent cases.
- The cases are the where poor accident survivors and kin of victims have been waiting for years to get compensation.
- In the last few years, the SC has been able to bring down pendency.
India and China had special representatives meet about peace.
- India and China underlined the significance of maintaining peace and tranquillity along the border pending a final resolution of the boundary question.
- The countries held the 20th round of their special representative talks, undertaking a “comprehensive review” of earlier rounds.
- This was the first round of talks between the special representative’s national security adviser Ajit Doval and China’s state councillor Yang Jiechi since the Doklam standoff.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 23 updates which are trending in the country.
‘Ganga Gram’ project for villages to be launched today.
- The Union government will formally launch the ‘Ganga Gram’ project today as part of its clean Ganga mission, named Namami Gange.
- In August, the Centre declared all 4,470 villages on the banks of the Ganges, located in Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal, open defecation-free (ODF).
- The project will take a launch today at the Ganga Gram Swachata Sammelan.
Odisha minister sacked for ‘casteist’ remark against Brahmins.
- Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik removed agriculture minister Damodar Rout from the cabinet on Friday, two days after his remarks against Brahmins.
- Patnaik said a letter has been sent this evening to the honourable governor, asking him to accept this dismissal.
- The 75-year-old BJD leader had said at a function in Malkangiri district that while tribals never ask for anything, Brahmins beg for alms.
First-ever transgender toilet inaugurated in Odisha.
- The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) has constructed Odisha’s first toilet facility for transgender in Vani Vihar Square.
- The facility was inaugurated by Culture and Tourism Minister Ashok Chandra Panda, Bhubaneswar (north) MLA Priyadarshi Mishra, Mayor Ananta Narayan Jena and Deputy Mayor K Shanti.
- The 10-seater toilet with one seat reserved for the transgender has been India’s third such toilet facility.
- It made Odisha India’s third state and Bhubaneswar, the third city after Bhopal and Mysore to have toilet facility for this section of society.
Read More in Detail about above news: Current Affairs
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 23 Updates from around the globe.
Trump signs tax reform bill, says more products will now be made in the US.
- US President Donald Trump signed into law a most comprehensive rewrite of the country’s tax code at a hurriedly called White House event.
- Trump said he wanted to sign the bill quickly in time for Christmas as he had promised, of which he was reminded by TV news shows.
- The President sped through the by-now-familiar highlights of the rewrite.
- Such as the corporate tax rate cut from 35% to 21%. That means more products will have a manufacturer in the USA.
UNSC imposes new sanctions on North Korea, cuts off most fuel.
- The UN Security Council unanimously approved tough new sanctions against North Korea in response to its latest launch of a ballistic missile.
- The resolution adopted by the council includes the return home of all North Koreans working overseas within 24 months and a crackdown on ships smuggling banned items.
Australia to end air strikes in Iraq and Syria, bring Super Hornets home.
- Australia will end air strikes against Islamic State in Iraq and Syria and bring its six Super Hornet planes home after three years as part of the US-led coalition in the Middle East.
- It has been in the Middle East as part of the US-led effort against Islamic State since 2014.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 23 updates by reading the news.
Reliance Jio emerges as the highest bidder for RCom assets.
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd appears to have emerged as the highest bidder for most of the assets put on the block by the beleaguered Anil Ambani-promoted Reliance Communications Ltd.
- The Mukesh-Ambani led firm reportedly has its eye on RCom’s fibre assets, spectrum and tower infrastructure.
TCS secures $2.25-billion contract from Nielsen.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has bagged a fresh $2.25-billion contract from its existing customer, global TV rating measurement company Nielsen.
- The contract with Nielsen made TCS as one of the largest ever deal for the Indian IT industry.
- TCS relationship with Nielsen began in 2007 with a 10-year, $1.2-billion contract which was further extended to 2020 taking the total value to $2.5 billion.
Hero MotoCorp to hike motorcycle prices from January.
- Two-wheeler market leader Hero MotoCorp said it will increase prices of its motorcycles across models by about Rs 400 per model on an average from January.
- The company sells a range of motorcycles starting from entry level HF Deluxe price at Rs 42,432 onwards to Karizma ZMR tagged at around Rs 1.10 lakh.
Amazon adds Firefox browser to Fire TV and it supports YouTube.
- Amazon rolled out Mozilla Firefox and Amazon Silk browsers to its Fire TV devices.
- Major company Amazon is compensating users after Google threatened to remove YouTube from Fire TV.
- With Fire TV, customers already have access to more than 500,000 movies and TV shows.
Appointment News that took place around the world on Dec 23 Current Affairs
Professor Dhirendra Pal Singh takes the appointment as UGC chairman.
- Professor Dhirendra Pal Singh, director, National Assessment and Accreditation Council, takes the appointment as the chairperson of University Grants Commission (UGC) by the Government of India.
- He takes the appointment as the UGC chairman for a period of five years, according to the order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- The post has been lying vacant since April 2017 after the retirement of professor Ved Prakash.
- Singh has been serving as director of NAAC, an autonomous institution of UGC since August 2015.
Current Affairs Dec 23 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Actor Ranveer Singh partners with EPL in India.
- Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh has formed an official partnership with English Premier League in India.
- The Bollywood actor will help promote the Premier League to fans in the country and globally.
- This partnership with Ranveer will also strengthen the relationship between the EPL and the ISL.
Sevilla sacks Eduardo Berizzo as their coach.
- Sevilla sacked coach Eduardo Berizzo following a run of poor results, with the Argentine departing a week after he returned to work following an operation to treat prostate cancer.
- The Liga side has already begun to appoint a new manager, who will join the club after the winter break.
- Berizzo was named Sevilla coach in June after Jorge Sampaoli left the club to take charge of Argentina.
- He had been in charge of Celta Vigo for the previous three seasons.
Rohit Sharma equals David Miller’s record of fastest T20I hundred.
- Rohit Sharma created history becoming the first Indian to score two tons in T20 Internationals.
- Sharma equalled South African David Miller’s record of fastest century in T20Is, smashing a 35-ball ton against Sri Lanka in the second T20I in Indore.
- This match also set a record for India as its highest score of 260 in T20I.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 23:
|Questions | Dec 23 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 23 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 22-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 22-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.