Current Affairs Dec 25 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 25.
Former President Pranab Mukherjee honours kids with an award named after Dr Abdul Kalam.
- Former President of India Pranab Mukherjee presented the Dr A P J Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards 2017 to 56 children at Grambharti, near Gandhinagar.
- The children were honoured for their creativity and innovations. This year, students from 16 states were awarded.
- The competition is organised annually by the National Innovation Foundation (NIF).
Bengaluru becomes the first Indian city to have its own logo.
- The Karnataka government on Sunday launched the Bengaluru city logo, the first Indian city to do so.
- With this, it joins cities like Amsterdam in The Netherlands and New York in the US to have its own logo.
- The logo was designed by Nammur, a design start-up, which won a contest and received a prize money of Rs 5 lakh from the government.
Jai Ram Thakur will be Himachal Pradesh’s new CM.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party named Jai Ram Thakur as legislature party leader in Himachal Pradesh, effectively making him the state’s next chief minister.
- The BJP’s central observer Narendra Singh Tomar announced Thakur’s name after a meeting with BJP MLAs.
- The party’s initial choice for CM, Dhumal lost Sujanpur to his once-protege Rajinder Rana of the Congress.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 25 updates which are trending in the country.
Narendra Modi to be the first PM to attend World Economic Forum in 20 years.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will make his maiden appearance at Davos, where the world’s top CEOs and a large number of heads of government gather for the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in January.
- It will be the first time that an Indian Prime Minister will be the treated like the chief guest of the country expected to dominate the show.
- Officials said that the India theme will be in focus at the conference with several sessions around India.
Dhinakaran wins RK Nagar bypoll, creates history in Tamil Nadu.
- Sidelined AIADMK leader TTV Dhinakaran created history by winning a byelection as an independent candidate in Tamil Nadu.
- Dhinakaran won the RK Nagar byelection by a margin of 40,707 votes, defeating his nearest rival E Madhusudhanan of the AIADMK.
- Dhinakaran secured 50.32% of the 1,76,890 votes polled.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 25 Updates from around the globe.
Iraq’s Mosul celebrates first post-Islamic State Christmas.
- Hymns and cries of joy filled a church in Iraq’s second city Mosul on Sunday as worshippers celebrated Christmas there for the first time in four years.
- Wheelchair-bound Hossam Abud said this is a sign that life is returning to Mosul.
- The 2003 US-led invasion of Iraq had by 2014 pushed some 90 percent of Mosul’s Christian population to flew away to another country.
World’s largest amphibious aircraft make the maiden flight in China.
- China’s domestically developed AG600, the world’s largest amphibious aircraft, performed its maiden flight from an airport on the shores of the South China Sea.
- State-owned Aviation Industry Corp of China (AVIC) has spent almost eight years developing the aircraft.
- The aircraft has received 17 orders so far from Chinese government departments and Chinese companies.
Chinese firm to develop the oil field near Iraqi capital.
- A Chinese state-run company, ZhenHua Oil, is to develop an oil field near Baghdad under an accord with Iraq.
- A ministry spokesman told AFP the target was to produce 40,000 barrels per day from the southern sector of the East Baghdad field within five years.
- Under the deal, the Chinese firm is to build housing for the workers, a nursery school and a clinic.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 25 updates by reading the news.
Mumbai stands 16th on world’s costliest premium office list.
- According to JLL’s latest report, Mumbai figures among the world’s most expensive locations for premium office rents.
- While Delhi is ranked at number seven, Mumbai is ranked 16 on the list of the world’s most expensive locations for premium office rents.
- The findings reveal that the most expensive premium office rent in the world is in Hong Kong, followed by New York, London.
Natural gas likely to come under GST in 2018.
- The new goods and services tax (GST) stabilises is now likely to be increased by including natural gas in next couple of months.
- However, the government made numerous changes, including easing the tax filing process and reducing rates on over 200 items.
- A top revenue department official said as the Centre and states are assured of revenue flows, natural gas can be the next big item to be included.
Current Affairs Dec 25 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Washington Sundar youngest to play for India in T20Is.
- All-rounder Washington Sundar, who made his T20I debut against Sri Lanka in the third and final Twenty20 International at the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai.
- He became the youngest to represent India in the shortest format of the game.
- At 18 years and 80 days, Sundar broke the record set by current Delhi Ranji captain Rishabh Pant early this year in February.
Indian boxers strike gold at Kazakh tourney.
- Indian boxers dominated the ring at the Galym Zharylgapov Boxing Tournament in Karaganda, Kazakhstan.
- They claimed three gold, a silver, and a bronze medal at the event which concluded on Sunday.
- The season-ending tournament featured five international and 15 local teams, adding up to 154 boxers in all.
Manchester City first Premier League club to score over 100 goals since 1982.
- Manchester City became the first English Premier League (EPL) club to score over 100 goals in a calendar year in a match against Bournemouth.
- The win over Bournemouth also helped the Pep Guardiola managed side register their 17th consecutive victory.
- Liverpool achieved this feat in 1982 scoring 106 goals in a calendar year.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 25:
|Questions | Dec 25 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 25 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 24-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 24-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.