Current Affairs Dec 26 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 26.
Vijay Rupani to take oath as Gujarat CM.
- The new Bharatiya Janata Party government led by Vijay Rupani and his deputy Nitin Patel will take the oath of secrecy today.
- They will take oath in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and party chief Amit Shah at the new secretariat.
- The chief ministers of 18 states where the BJP and its allies are in power and several union ministers are also likely to attend the ceremony.
- Sources said Rupani is likely to keep the number of ministers in his cabinet below 20, against the maximum provision of 27.
India’s first AC local train flagged off in Mumbai.
- India’s first air-conditioned local, stretching between Mumbai’s Churchgate and Virar station, ran its maiden journey at 10:32 am on Monday from Borivali station to Churchgate in the southern part of the city.
- The 12-coach EMU’s inaugural run comes after 65 trial runs over two years at Kurla and Virar car-sheds.
- The local was brought to Mumbai from the Integral Coach Factory, Chennai, on April 4, 2016.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 26 updates which are trending in the country.
PM Modi inaugurates Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a segment of Delhi Metro newly-built Magenta Line, which will connect Botanical Garden in Noida to Kalkaji Mandir in Delhi.
- Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath, Governor Ram Naik and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) managing director Mangu Singh also graced the event.
- With the commissioning of the new line, the travel time between south Delhi and Noida will be reduced from 52 minutes to 19 minutes on the Magenta Line.
Maneka Gandhi pens India’s first gaushala manual for protecting cows.
- Maneka Gandhi, who is a Union minister, had drawn up standard operating procedures for the running of cow shelters.
- The manual though is not a government initiative, but one she has undertaken as an activist.
- India had around 122 million cows according to the 19th Livestock Census conducted in 2014.
- According to a 2014 reply in Parliament, there are about 3,030 gaushalas in the country, of which 1,325 are run by various animal husbandry departments of the states.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 26 Updates from around the globe.
Hafiz Saeed inaugurates Milli Muslim League office in Lahore.
- Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed has inaugurated an office of the Milli Muslim League in Lahore.
- Saeed over the weekend inaugurated the office on Mohni Road, which falls under the NA-120 seat, which was former premier Nawaz Sharif’s constituency.
- The Pakistan interior ministry says the MML is the offshoot of banned organisations LeT and JuD.
China closes more than 13,000 websites in past three years.
- China has closed more than 13,000 websites since the beginning of 2015 for breaking the law or other rules.
- The government has stepped up already tight controls over the internet since President Xi Jinping took power five years ago.
- Government says as well as the 13,000 websites shut down, almost 10 million accounts had also been closed by websites.
Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan pledge to improve ties in wake of the trade war.
- The leaders of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan pledged on Monday to improve relations after ties between the two former Soviet republics degenerated into a trade war under the previous Kyrgyz leadership.
- The standoff between Astana and the government of former Kyrgyz president Almazbek Atambayev strained a Russian-led economic bloc.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 26 updates by reading the news.
Over half of McD’s outlets close down in North & East India.
- With the closure of 84 outlets, over half of McDonald’s restaurants in North and East India have now downed shutters.
- This may put pressure on franchise partner Vikram Bakshi to sell out to the global burger giant.
- A fallout between the co. and McD’s supply chain partner Radhakrishna Foodland, due to “non-payment of dues” by CPRL, has hit suppliers hard.
Reliance Jio now has 160 million subscribers.
- The customer base of Reliance Jio has touched 160 million, a little over a year after the newcomer stormed into the telecom market with aggressive voice and data offerings.
- According to recent TRAI data, the subscriber base in October for Bharti Airtel stood at 285 million followed by Vodafone (208 million), Idea Cellular (191 million), and Jio (145.9 million).
- The mobile subscriber base of India, the second largest market after China, stands at over 1.1 billion.
Today Current Affairs Dec 26 Agreement News which took place around the world.
Ramdev’s Patanjali signs Rs 671 crore pact for Chhattisgarh food unit.
- The Chhattisgarh government has signed the memorandum of understanding (MoU) with three food processing firms.
- The agreement includes Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Ayurved, to set up processing units at an estimated investment of Rs 762.80 crore.
- The pacts were signed with Patanjali Ayurved Limited, Manorama Industries Private Ltd and Aakriti Snacks Private Limited during a meeting held in Raipur at the official residence of chief minister Raman Singh.
Current Affairs Dec 26 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
India rise to second place, Kohli slips to third in T20I rankings.
- India went past England, New Zealand and the West Indies to move from fifth to the second position in the latest ICC T20 rankings.
- Virat Kohli is now behind Australia’s Aaron Finch (784) and West Indies opener Evin Lewis (780).
- Pakistan is in the first position in ICC T20 rankings with 124 points.
Swapnil regains lost crown at National Shooting Championship.
- Rising star Swapnil Kusale of Railways made his day when he regained the gold in a new record score in the men’s 50m rifle 3 positions.
- He regained the gold in the 61st National Shooting Championship at National Games Shooting Range.
- Swapnil struck gold by shooting 457.0 in the finals and erased the old record of 456.1set in 2013 in Delhi by Sanjeev.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 26:
|Questions | Dec 26 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 26 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 25-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 25-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.