Current Affairs Dec 27 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 27.
PM Modi, Amit Shah to be present at Jai Ram Thakur’s oath ceremony today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Home Minister Rajnath Singh, BJP president Amit Shah are expected at the swearing-in ceremony of Jai Ram Thakur as Himachal Pradesh chief minister.
- The ceremony will take place in the forenoon at 11 am, at the historic Ridge Maidan.
- BJP has won 44 seats in 68-member house and there are several claimants including senior leaders and former ministers for a berth in the cabinet.
Vijay Rupani 20-member team begins 2nd innings in Gujarat.
- Vijay Rupani and Nitin Patel took oath as Gujarat CM and deputy CM, respectively, for the second successive term along with 18 other ministers.
- Rupani this time has a smaller unit of 20, which includes the CM and the deputy, as against 25 in the previous cabinet.
- Of the 20 members, 10 are of cabinet rank, the rest ministers of state. The three fresh faces, including the lone woman minister, are Vibhavari Dave, Ishwar Parmar and Kishor Kanani.
Centre releases Rs 167 crore to nine states for border development.
- The home ministry has released Rs 167 crore to nine states with an international border for the development of infrastructure in forwarding areas.
- The states which will benefit include Rajasthan and Punjab, both having the international border with Pakistan, and West Bengal and Assam, which share the boundary with Bangladesh.
- 167 crore was released recently by the home ministry to Meghalaya, Punjab, Rajasthan, Bihar, Sikkim, Tripura, Assam, Himachal Pradesh and West Bengal under the Border Area Development Programme.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 27 updates which are trending in the country.
India, Israel hold talks on cooperation in defence and security.
- Ahead of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s visit to India next month, the two countries reviewed their cooperation in strategic areas such as defence and homeland security.
- The review is done by Indian delegation led by Secretary Economic Relations in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Vijay Gokhale.
- The two sides reviewed our relations in defence, agriculture, S&T (science and technology), education and homeland security.
Triple talaq bill to be introduced in Parliament on Dec 28.
- A bill seeking to criminalise the practice of instant triple talaq among Muslims is set to get introduced in Lok Sabha on Thursday.
- The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill is listed for introduction in the Lok Sabha by law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on December 28.
- The bill is being introduced as the practice still continued despite the Supreme Court striking down talaq-e- biddat.
Google doodle honours Mirza Ghalib on his 220th birthday.
- Google’s doodle today celebrates the poet, Mirza Ghalib on his 220th birth anniversary.
- A prominent Urdu and Persian-language poet during the Mughal era, Mirza Asadullah Baig Khan was born in Agra on 27 December 1797.
- Mirza Ghalib is more famous for his Urdu Ghazals among Urdu scholars than he is for his achievements in Persian.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 27 Updates from around the globe.
China says it will maintain communication with India over rivers.
- China said it will maintain communication with India over the transboundary rivers in the wake of lakes and dams being formed on the Yarlung Tsangpo due to earthquakes in Tibet.
- According to reports, a huge amount of debris has accumulated and blocked three locations, forming natural dams on the river across a 12-km stretch in China.
China successfully launches remote sensing satellites.
- China successfully launched remote sensing satellites to conduct electromagnetic environmental probes.
- State-run Xinhua news agency reports it was the 260th mission of the Long March rocket family.
- The satellites took launch on a Long March-2C carrier rocket from Xichang Satellite launch centre in the southwest Sichuan province.
Russia remains China’s largest crude oil supplier for the ninth month.
- Russia held on as China’s largest crude oil supplier for the ninth month in a row in November, also topping Saudi Arabia for the year.
- Shipments from Russia in November reached 5.12 million tonnes, or 1.26 million barrels per day (bpd), up 11 percent from a year ago, according to detailed commodity trade data.
- Iraq supplies ranked third in November with shipments at 4.21 million tonnes.
China, Pakistan, Afghanistan agree on terror cooperation in Xinjiang region.
- Ministers from Afghanistan, Pakistan and China met in Beijing agreed to work together to tackle the threat of terrorism tied to China’s vast western Xinjiang region.
- China depends on Afghanistan and Pakistan to help control Xinjiang’s borders where there are terrorist attacks by members of the mostly Muslim Uighur ethnic minority.
- China’s expanding economic presence in Pakistan and Afghanistan has also brought some terrorism-related setbacks.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 27 updates by reading the news.
India to become the fifth largest economy in 2018, says report.
- A report says India is set to overtake the United Kingdom and France to become the world’s fifth largest economy next year.
- Currently ranked seventh, India will move up to fifth place in 2018 and vault to the third spot by 2032.
- The annual rankings were released by the Centre for Economics and Business Research, a London-based consultancy.
- The report says the United States, the world’s largest economy, will be overtaken by China in 2030.
Vodafone to launch VoLTE services in India in January.
- Vodafone India confirms the roll-out of its Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services beginning January 2018.
- In the first phase, Vodafone VoLTE service will be available in Mumbai, Gujarat, Delhi, Karnataka and Kolkata and will extend across the country in a short time.
- Vodafone says its new service will enable HD quality voice calls along with faster call set up time.
BSNL set to launch 4G services in January.
- State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) will launch its 4G services from Kerala next month, followed by Odisha.
- The telecom corporation hopes that the ensuing 4G launch on Long Term Evolution route will enable its mobile customers to enjoy faster data speeds and improve its user experience.
- BSNL Chairman and Managing Director Anupam Shrivastava said we are going to start 4G from Kerala. That will be our first circle on 4G LTE.
Today Current Affairs Dec 27 Agreement News which took place around the world.
World Bank made an agreement with Tamil Nadu to give $318 million loans for irrigation projects.
- The World Bank will provide a US $318 million loans for modernisation of irrigation projects in Tamil Nadu.
- A tripartite agreement was signed between the central government, the World Bank and the Tamil Nadu government.
- Tamil Nadu is a water-stress state that continues to experience water shortages.
Check out the latest trending appointment updates by reading Current Affairs Dec 27.
Middlesbrough appoints Tony Pulis as a new manager.
- Middlesbrough appoints Tony Pulis as manager in a bid to bolster the club’s Premier League promotion push.
- Pulis replaces Garry Monk, who was sacked by Middlesbrough on Sunday after his team managed only 10 wins in 23 league games.
- Pulis brings a wealth of experience having managed Stoke City, Crystal Palace and West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League over the last decade.
Current Affairs Dec 27 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Harry Kane surpasses Lionel Messi for most goals in 2017.
- Harry Kane has broken Alan Shearer’s record for the most Premier League goals in a calendar year.
- Kane first goal against Southampton was his 55th goal in 2017, thus surpassing Lionel Messi for most goals in 2017.
- Harry Kane has six hat-tricks of the season, and he is the only player so far to have scored more than one treble in the league.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 27:
|Questions | Dec 27 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 27 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 26-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 26-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.