Current Affairs Dec 28 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 28.
Kolkata’s schools to be security-audited by CISF.
- Two prominent schools in Kolkata will be the first to be audited by the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) in a bid to improve security on school campuses.
- While the CISF has conducted preliminary meetings with 22 schools and institutions, two approved the proposal and CISF will start the audit by the first week of January.
- Sources said that prominent schools carry out a security audit by private companies, which cost Rs 20 lakh while CISF offers the same service for Rs 4-5 lakh.
All trains to have bio-toilets by March 2019.
- The government said it plans to complete the work of installing bio-toilets in all passenger trains by March 2019.
- Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain said retro-fitment of bio-toilets in existing in-service coaches is also being done to a limited extent in coaching depots.
- Approximately 55 percent of the total passenger carrying coaches over Indian Railways have equipped with bio-toilets.
BMC to unite with Mumbai police to ban hookah parlours.
- The Mumbai police and the Shiv Sena-led Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) may soon join hands to crack down on unregulated hookah parlours in the city.
- City mayor Vishwanath Mahadeshwar said such establishments must be made a ban in the city.
- According to the BMC, Mumbai has between 500 and 650 hookah parlours.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 28 updates which are trending in the country.
President Ram Nath Kovind launches AP Fibernet.
- President of India Ram Nath Kovind launched AP Fibernet services, which provides IP TV, internet, Wi-Fi, telephone land lines, videos on demand, surveillance cameras, virtual classrooms, and drones at the Secretariat.
- The President said these services are important projects in the country, which will help enhance the lives of people.
- The chief minister said that AP is leading in terms of implementing technology, and completed the fibre net project in eight months at a minimum cost of Rs 333 crore.
Rajeev Bindal to be Himachal Pradesh Assembly Speaker.
- State BJP chief Satpal Singh Satti said five-time MLA Rajeev Bindal would be the next Speaker of the Himachal Pradesh Assembly.
- He was elected to the state assembly for the first time in a by-election from Solan constituency in 2000 and retained the seat in 2003 and 2007.
- Bindal was the health minister in the Dhumal government in 2007 but quit the ministry at the end of the term to serve in the party.
Gujarat CM inaugurates 25th National Children’s Science Congress.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani inaugurated the 25th National Children Science Congress at the Science City of Ahmedabad.
- Rupani said that the NCSC – 2017 has laid the foundation for taking India in top-three position in the world in the field of science technology by the year 2030.
- Rupani further stated that the young scientists with coordination of ‘Jai Jawan-Jai Kishan-Jai Science’ will built a strong India.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 28 Updates from around the globe.
Obama named man most admired by Americans.
- Americans have voted his predecessor Barack Obama as the most admired man for the 10th year in a row, according to Gallup.
- Trump trailed Obama, and they were followed by Pope Francis, evangelist Bill Graham and vice president Mike Pence, among others.
- Also, for the first time, an Indian American made it to the list of 10 most admired women by Americans Nikki Haley shared 10th place with Kate Middleton and Beyonce Knowles.
China approves enforcement of mainland law at the new railway station in Hong Kong.
- China’s top legislative body decreed that Chinese officials could enforce mainland law in part of a new railway station in Hong Kong.
- A high-speed railway linking Hong Kong to the sprawling southern mainland cities of Shenzhen and Guangzhou is due to open next year.
- The Standing Committee of China’s National People’s Congress approved the project.
India, Afghanistan launch second air corridor linking Kabul and Mumbai.
- The second India-Afghanistan air cargo route linking Kabul to Mumbai officially took a launch on Wednesday.
- Officials said it will boost the export of fresh fruits and medicinal plants from Afghanistan.
- The second route follows the success of the Kabul-New Delhi air corridor that was inaugurated by President Ashraf Ghani in mid-June.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 28 updates by reading the news.
Lok Sabha passes the bill for GST cess hike on luxury cars to 25%.
- The Lok Sabha approved Wednesday a bill to hike cess on luxury vehicles from 15% to 25% with a view to enhance funds to compensate states for revenue loss following the rollout of GST.
- The GST (Compensation to States) Amendment Bill, 2017, was passed by the Lower House.
- The Bill seeks to replace the Ordinance which got an issue in September to give effect to the decision of the GST Council.
Current Affairs Dec 28 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Anisa wins women’s 25m pistol with a new national record.
- Haryana shooter Anisa Sayyed won the women’s 25m pistol gold with a new record at the ongoing 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions.
- Anisa shot a new finals national record score of 33 to prevail over the Maharashtra duo of Shital Shivaji Thorat and Rahi Sarnobat.
- Shital shot 30 in the eight-woman final to also claim a new finals national record while Rahi finished with 28.
Liverpool F.C. agree a deal to sign Virgil van Dijk from Southampton.
- Virgil van Dijk’s move from Southampton to Liverpool F.C. has completed.
- Liverpool will pay £75million fee a world record for a defender.
- The 26-year old will join the Premier League club in January and will get the number 4 jersey.
- Liverpool had pursued the defender throughout the 2017 summer transfer window.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 28:
|Questions | Dec 28 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 28 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 27-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 27-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.