Current Affairs Dec 29 2017
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 29.
Amit Shah says triple talaq bill will bring the new era of hope for Muslim women.
- Hailing the passage of a bill by the Lok Sabha to make instant triple talaq illegal, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Amit Shah said the historic step will bring a “new era of hope and respect in the lives of Muslim women.
- He congratulated Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the entire BJP-led NDA government for the passage of the Muslim Women.
- MPs from the RJD, AIMIM, BJD, AIADMK and All India Muslim League opposed the bill, calling it arbitrary in nature and a faulty proposal.
Google doodle celebrates Kannada novelist Kuvempu’s on his 113th birthday.
- Today, Google Doodle celebrates the 113th birthday of Kannada novelist and poet, Kuppali Venkatappa Puttappa, better known as Kuvempu.
- Widely regarded as the greatest Kannada poet, Kuvempu was also a playwright, critic and thinker.
- Among Kannada writers, he was the first win the prestigious Jnanpith Award.
- He was also conferred the Padma Vibushan award by the Government of India in 1988.
Cargo service on the Brahmaputra to begin from today.
- The government will launch scheduled regular service of cargo movement using waterway in the Brahmaputra today.
- The regular movement of cement using National Waterway (NW) on the Brahmaputra in Assam will be between Pandu Port to Dhubri, a distance of about 255 km.
- Transportation of cargo through NW-2 from Pandu to Dhubri will help save 1.5 lakh tonne-km of road transportation per trip.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 29 updates which are trending in the country.
Govt approves 5.4 lakh more urban houses under central scheme.
- The ministry of housing and urban affairs has approved the construction of over 5.4 lakh more affordable houses for urban poor under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- The construction of houses entails an investment of Rs 31,003 crores.
- In the latest approval, Andhra Pradesh is sanctioned with 1,42,447 houses, while Uttar Pradesh got 1,20,645 houses and Karnataka 1,18,646.
FSSAI to create laboratory network to test food.
- The country’s top food regulator is in the process of establishing a high-tech laboratory network for conflicting results during primary testing of food samples.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has identified about 15 laboratories across India.
- The laboratories will be upgraded with state-of-the-art infrastructure to conduct advanced testing.
- India has more than 250 food-testing laboratories, of which about 150 are run by either the state or central governments.
Latest International Current Affairs Dec 29 Updates from around the globe.
Zimbabwe ex-army chief general Constantino Chiwenga sworn in as vice-president.
- Zimbabwe’s former army commander who led a military takeover that helped end Robert Mugabe’s 37-year rule sworn in as one of the country’s two vice presidents.
- General Constantino Chiwenga took the oath of office in Harare, pledging to be faithful to Zimbabwe.
118-foot largest Lego tower in Israel breaks the world record.
- Tel Aviv residents have built a world record-contending, 36-metre (118ft) plastic brick tower, featuring more than 500,000 pieces, to honour a young cancer victim in the Israeli city.
- The multi-coloured ‘Omer Tower’, named after 8-year-old Lego fan Omer Sayag, was completed using cranes in Rabin Square
- There was no Guinness World Records adjudicator on site to measure the ‘Omer Tower’, meaning Tel Aviv must wait for approval from the body to confirm.
George Weah wins landmark Liberia presidential election.
- Former star footballer George Weah was named the winner of Liberia’s presidential election on Thursday.
- Former Liberian footballer George Weah won Liberia’s presidential elections, defeating vice-president Joseph Boakai in a runoff.
- Weah is set to replace Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, who took over in 2006 at the helm of the West African state founded for freed slaves.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 29 updates by reading the news.
Mukesh Ambani tops Indian list in 500 richest people in 2017.
- The world’s 500 richest people became $1 trillion richer in 2017, more than four times their gains in 2016.
- Bloomberg index says the number of Asian billionaires had surpassed the US for the first time
- The 23% increase in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, a daily ranking of the world’s 500 richest people, compared with an almost 20% rise for the MSCI World Index and Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.
Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio to acquire mobile business assets of Anil Ambani’s RCom.
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio will acquire mobile business assets including spectrum, mobile towers and optical fibre network of Reliance Communications.
- The deal will bring relief to RCom, which is reeling under debt of around Rs 45,000 crore.
- Reliance Jio will acquire all the assets without any previous liabilities attached to them.
Defence news with complete details on Dec 29 Current Affairs
India successfully test-fires supersonic interceptor missile.
- India took another step forward towards developing its two-tiered ballistic missile defence by testing a supersonic interceptor missile.
- The missile is tested to destroy an incoming ballistic missile over the Bay of Bengal.
- The experimental two-tier BMD system is supposed to track and destroy nuclear-tipped ballistic missiles both inside (endo) and outside (exo) the earth’s atmosphere.
- This was the third supersonic interceptor test that took place out this year.
India signs $40 million loan agreement with World Bank for UP tourism project.
- India signed a loan agreement worth $40 million with the World Bank for UP Pro-Poor Tourism Development Project.
- The agreement is made to increase tourism-related benefits for local communities in Uttar Pradesh.
- The total project cost is around $57.14 million, out of which $40 million will be financed by the World Bank, and the remaining amount will be funded out of the state budget.
- The programme duration is five years. The project objective is to increase tourism-related benefits for local communities in targeted destinations.
Current Affairs Dec 29 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Viswanathan Anand regains World Rapid Chess Championship.
- A victory against Magnus Carlsen of Norway has spurred Viswanathan Anand as he went on to regain the World Rapid Chess Championship in Riyadh.
- Anand, who took revenge on his 2013 World Championship loss as he defeated World No 1 Magnus Carlsen in their ninth round match.
- The former World No 1, who had lost his crown to Carlsen in 2013, reclaimed the title he had won in 2003 beating Vladikir Kramnik in the final.
Swansea hires Carvalhal as boss until the end of the season.
- Premier League strugglers Swansea City appointed Carlos Carvalhal as their manager until the end of the season.
- The Welsh club said Carvalhal’s contract included the option of an extension at the end of the season.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 29:
|Questions | Dec 29 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 29 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 28-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 28-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.