Current Affairs Dec 30 2017
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Dec 30.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister allots portfolios to his ministers.
- Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur allotted portfolios to his cabinet ministers on Friday.
- Finance, Home, Planning, Personnel, General Administration, Public Works Department, Tourism, Excise and Taxation besides Revenue was retained by him.
Some of the other portfolios allotted are:
- Mahender Singh Thakur (67) | Dharampur, Irrigation and Public Health, Horticulture, Sainik Welfare.
- Kishan Kapoor (66) | Dharamshala, Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs besides Election.
- Suresh Bhardwaj (65) | Shimla, Education (higher and elementary), Parliamentary Affairs, Law and Legal Remembrancer’s.
- Anil Sharma (61) | Mandi, Multi Purpose Projects and Power, Non Conventional Energy Sources.
- Sarveen Chaudhary (51) | Shahpur, Urban Development, Town and Country Planning, Housing.
- Dr Ram Lal Markanda (52) | Lahaul & Spiti, Agriculture, Tribal Development, Information and Technology.
- Vipin Singh Parmar (54) | Sullah, Health and Family Welfare, Medical Education, Ayurveda, Science and Technology.
- Virender Kanwar (53) | Kutlehar, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries.
- Bikram Singh (53) | Jaswan-Pragpur, Industries, Labour and Employment, Technical Education, Vocation and Industrial Training.
- Govind Singh Thakur (49) | Manali, Forest, Transport, Youth Services and Sports
- Dr Rajiv Saizal (46) | Kasauli, Social Justice and Empowerment, Cooperation.
TTV Dhinakaran sworn in as MLA.
- AIADMK leader TTV Dhinakaran, who won the R K Nagar bypoll on December 21, was sworn-in as member of the Tamil Nadu Assembly.
- He now succeeds former Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa as legislator of the city segment.
- He was sworn-in by Speaker P Dhanapal in his office.
- Dhinakaran had defeated his nearest AIADMK rival E Madhusudhanan by over 40,000 votes.
- Dhinakaran had contested as an independent candidate from the constituency.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Dec 30 updates which are trending in the country.
31 satellites to be launched in a single mission by ISRO.
- ISRO announced that it would launch 31 satellites, including India’s Cartosat-2 series earth observation space craft, in a single mission on board its Polar rocket on January 10.
- It will be the first Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) mission after the unsuccessful launch of navigation satellite IRNSS-1H in August.
- The mission’s main payload would be India’s Cartosat-2 series earth observation satellite.
- PSLV-C40 will be used for the launch from the spaceport in Andhra Pradesh’s Sriharikota.
- 28 nano satellites from various countries, including Finland and the US, one micro and nano satellite from India along with one Cartosat satellite are part of the mission.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Dec 30 updates by reading the news.
India and Myanmar sign MoU to develop Rakhine state.
- India and Myanmar signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to develop Myanmar’s Rakhine state.
- Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar signed the MoU on India’s behalf in the presence Myanmar’s Minister for Social Welfare Win Myat Aye.
- Indian Ambassador to Myanmar Vikram Misri tweeted, “the MoU is a government-to-government (G2G) agreement on long-term socio-economic development of Rakhine”.
- Misri said that during the meeting, discussions focused on delivering on commitments made during the bilateral summit between Suu Kyi and visiting Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in September.
- The commitments included a development package for Rakhine and extending the bilateral agenda.
Ex-soccer star George Weah was elected as the new president of Liberia.
- Former FIFA World Player of the Year George Weah has been elected as Liberia’s new president.
- The National Election Commission later declared Weah president-elect and his running mate Jewel Howard-Taylor vice president-elect.
- Their Coalition for Democratic Change party received 61.5 percent of the votes beating Vice President Boakai’s Unity Party which got 38.5 percent of the votes.
- Africa’s first female president, Nobel Peace Prize winner Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, is stepping aside after two terms at the head of the nation founded by freed American slaves.
- She led the country from back-to-back civil wars and saw it through a deadly Ebola outbreak that killed nearly 5,000 Liberians but was criticized for not better tackling corruption.
Defence news with complete details on Dec 30 Current Affairs
MiG-27 ML aircraft gets farewell from the Indian Air Force.
- The IAF bade farewell to the last MiG-27 ML aircraft which roared over Hasimara Air Force base in Bengal on Thursday.
- Code named ‘Bahadur’ the MiG-27 ML has had an impeccable track record in its more than three decades of service.
- The Russian origin strike aircraft has the single most powerful engine in the world and variable geometry wing.
- The air craft was inducted into the IAF fleet in the late 1980s.
- MiG-27 had proved its worth in the Kargil war and won prizes in numerous international exercises held in India.
- A few of the MiGs got a avionics upgrade and continue to serve the nation. They are called MiG-27 UPG and are presently based in Jodhpur.
- The 22 Squadron, known as ‘Swifts’ was the last squadron of MiG-27 MLs.
Russia and Turkey sign Missile Loan Deal.
- Turkey and Russia have signed a loan agreement in Ankara to purchase S-400 missile defence system worth $2.5 billion.
- Russia will provide Turkey with four batteries of S-400 surface-to-air missile system under the deal and Turkey will pay 45 per cent of the cost up front with Moscow providing loans to cover the remaining 55 per cent.
- The two countries had reached an agreement for the purchase, but have been discussing on a loan provided by Russia.
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Turkey will borrow the loan on Russian ruble, instead of US dollar, so the debt will be cheaper for Ankara.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley chaired a meeting with financial sector regulators.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Friday chaired a Pre Budget meeting with financial sector regulators, Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC).
- FSDC members include RBI Governor Urjit Patel, Sebi Chairman Ajay Tyagi, IRDAI Chief T S Vijayan, PFRDA Chairman Hemant Contractor and IBBI Chairman M S Sahoo.
- Senior finance ministry officials including revenue secretary Hasmukh Adhia, economic affairs secretary Subhash Chandra Garg, banking secretary Rajiv Kumar and Chief Economic Adviser Arvind Subramanian were also present.
- Union Budget for 2018-19 will be presented by Arun Jaitley in the Parliament on February 1.
- The inputs, from the FSDC for the Union Budget, are crucial as these impact the most important financial segments of the economy.
Current Affairs Dec 30 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Australia and England draw 4th test in the Ashes series.
- Australia drew the fourth Ashes test against England at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- The Australian captain delivered another masterclass performance to retain their 3-0 series lead heading into next week’s final test in Sydney.
- Smith followed up his 76 from the first innings to take his series total to 604 runs at the astonishing average of 151 with a near-flawless performance on a lifeless pitch offering no assistance to England’s frustrated bowlers.
- Smith took 259 deliveries to reach his 23rd test century and his third in this series after making an unbeaten 141 in the first test in Brisbane and 239 in the third match in Perth.
- He brought up his hundred after tea with a single off Dawid Malan, one of seven English bowlers who tried unsuccessfully to get him out.
Rajneesh Gurbani becomes 2nd bowler to take hat-trick in Ranji final.
- Vidarbha’s Rajneesh Gurbani took hat-trick wickets against Delhi to restrict the opposition’s total to 295.
- The right-arm medium fast bowler clean bowled Vikas Mishra and Navdeep Saini in his 23rd over in the last two deliveries.
- Returning to bowl for his 24th over, he bowled out Dhruv Shorey in the first ball to take his maiden first-class cricket hat-trick.
- Gurbani became only the second bowler to take a hat-trick in Ranji Trophy Final after B Kalyanasundaram for Tamil Nadu against Bombay in 1972/73 in Chennai.
- Three balls after completing his hat-trick, Gurbani again took Kulwant Khejroliya’s stumps to end Delhi’s innings.
- He took 6 wickets in the match, as he had dismissed Rishabh Pant and Himmat Singh on the first day.
Links Related to Current Affairs Dec 30:
|Questions | Dec 30 Current Affairs||Quiz | Dec 30 Current Affairs|
|Current Affairs | 29-Dec-2017||Current Affairs Quiz | 29-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.