Current Affairs December 2017 with the latest current Affairs is here. This December 2017 Current Affairs Capsule will be useful for the preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and other exams. Current Events December 2017 has the news summary on the latest current events of International, National and various other news.
The December 2017 Current Affairs will be useful for knowing the General Awareness and the General Studies for various competitive exams. You can download the Current Affairs December PDF which will be available on this page.
We are having a great pleasure in giving you the Current Affairs (December) 2017. This Current Affairs 2017 December will help you in scoring better in all the competitive exams. In the December 2017 Current Affairs, you can take quizzes on which are based on daily current affairs that are happening in this world. We cover all the topics for the current affairs like National, International, Business, Obituary, Sports, Appointments, Awards and various other topics.
December Current Affairs 2017 – Date wise collections
|Date||Current Affairs News||Current Affairs Questions||Current Affairs Quiz|
December 2017 Current Affairs
Current Affairs December 2017 Updates
As per NCRB reports Maharashtra the most corrupted city and Delhi tops in crimes list.
- Maharashtra has earned itself the dubious distinction of being the “most corrupt state” for the third year in a row.
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data reveals that there are 1,016 cases of corruption registered in 2016 in the state.
- Odisha was second on the list with 569 cases.
- Of the total corruption cases in India, 22.9% were from Maharashtra.
- On the crimes front, Delhi was the most unsafe among 19 major cities in the country.
- Maharashtra was second in crimes against foreigners, after Delhi.
Preet Didbal is 1st Sikh woman mayor of US.
- Preet Didbal is the mayor of Yuba city in California, becoming the first Sikh woman to hold the position in the US.
- Dibal got the appointment by the California city council.
- she will take oath on December 5.
- Didbal elected to Yuba city council in 2014 and is currently vice-mayor.
Dia Mirza appointed as UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador for India.
- Former Miss Asia Pacific, actor, producer, entrepreneur and environmentalist, Dia Mirza, took the appointment as UN Environment’s Goodwill Ambassador for India.
- A long-standing supporter of environmental conservation, Dia will take up the role to add more weight to her work.
- She will raise awareness of and seek solutions to the environmental issue.
- As a Goodwill Ambassador, Dia will work with the United Nations to further spread the message on priority areas including clean air, clean seas, wildlife protection and climate change.
Daily Current Affairs – Current Affairs December 2017
India starts the process to build 6 nuclear-powered attack submarines.
- India kick-started the process to build six nuclear-powered attack submarines which will significantly boost the Navy’s overall strike capabilities.
- Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba said the process to build the attack submarines was a classified project.
- Navy chief said the Navy will play its role in the Indo-Pacific region when the much talked about quadrilateral coalition among India, Australia, Japan and the US takes shape.
Japan’s Emperor Akihito to abdicate in 2019, will be succeeded by Prince Naruhito – Current Affairs December 2017
- Emperor Akihito, who has spent much of his nearly three decades on Japan’s throne will step down on April 30, 2019.
- Akihito, who turns 84 on Dec. 23 and has had heart surgery and treatment for prostate cancer.
- He will be succeeded by his heir, 57-year-old Crown Prince Naruhito.
Samsung demonstrates 5G network on a high-speed train.
- Samsung Electronics said that it demonstrated the fifth-generation network on a high-speed train travelling over 100 kmph under a joint project with Japanese telecommunications operator KDDI.
- The test is the way for faster onboard Wi-Fi services that offer stronger security as well.
- The two companies, which have been rolling out joint projects in the field since 2015, said they successfully observed data transmission speed of 1.7 Gbps.
Current Affairs 2017 – December 2017 Current Affairs
Rahul Gandhi files nomination for post of Congress president.
- Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will take over as the party’s president on December 11 after he was the only one to file the nomination for the post on Monday.
- Gandhi will take over the reins of the party from his mother Sonia Gandhi who has steered the party for the past 19 years.
- He will be the sixth member of the Nehru-Gandhi family to occupy the party’s highest position in its 131 years of existence.
Modi to address India Inc for the first time since GST – Current Affairs December 2017
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address a gathering of top industry leaders at the Ficci annual general meeting with India Inc since the launch of GST five months ago.
- Modi’s address will also help Ficci go one up on arch-rival CII, which in the 1990s was one of the favourite destination for most government ministers.
Indian Railways teams up with Google to digitise its rich heritage.
- Indian Railways has teamed up with Google to undertake an elaborate crowd-sourcing exercise to create a digital repository of its rich heritage.
- Even as the Railways began collecting rare pictures through its unique crowd-sourcing effort, it entered into an agreement with the Google Cultural Institute.
Current Affairs December 2017 – Latest Current Affairs
Ex-ONGC chief Sarraf appointed as oil & gas regulator.
- Dinesh K Sarraf, former CMD of ONGC takes the appointment as the new chairman of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board.
- He replaces S Krishnan, who demitted office in August 2015.
- In July this year, S K Garg, former director of ONGC Videsh Ltd, takes the appointment in PNGRB.
Bollywood actor Shashi Kapoor dies.
- Veteran actor-filmmaker Shashi Kapoor, the romantic screen icon of the 70s and early 80s, died on Monday.
- Shashi debuted with the 1961 film Dharmputra. He went on to appear in 116 Hindi films.
- He was honoured with the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 2011.
- In 2015, he was awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
2017 Current Affairs – December Current Affairs
PM Modi still most followed Indian on Twitter.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi continues to be the most followed Indian on Twitter, increasing his follower base from 24.6 million in 2016 to 37.5 million this year.
- As per trends in 2017, PM Modi saw his follower base increasing by 52 percent to 37.5 million.
- The growth in his follower base was, however, lower than that of cricketer Virat Kohli, who saw his followers grow by 61 percent during the same.
Patanjali to manufacture solar power equipment – Current Affairs December 2017
- Yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali Ayurved Ltd, the consumer goods products upstart, is poised to diversify into solar equipment manufacturing.
- Acharya Balkrishna, managing director of Patanjali Ayurved, said this will be the company’s first exposure to the infrastructure sector and comes after its runaway success in consumer products.
- Patanjali Ayurved, which took a start in 2006, is growing at a stunning pace, increasing its revenue more from 2014-2015.
Meghalaya Power Minister Comingone Ymbon Resigns.
- Meghalaya Power Minister Comingone Ymbon resigned from the Mukul Sangma cabinet due to personal reasons.
- Mr Ymbon took the Minister post in August this year.
Current Affairs December 2017 – Current Affairs Updates
Taj Mahal stands 2nd in best UNESCO world heritage site.
- According to a new survey of UNESCO world heritage site in the world the Taj Mahal, India’s iconic ivory-white marble mausoleum in Agra is the second best in the world.
- The iconic ivory-white marble mausoleum has been rated second after Cambodia’s Angkor Wat.
- The survey conducted by Trip Advisor lists the UNESCO Cultural and Natural heritage sites best rated by travellers.
- Every year, over 8 million people visit the Taj Mahal.
Airtel and Intex join hands to launch three new 4G VoLTE phones.
- Airtel made an announcement of a partnership with Intex to bundle data and calling benefits with select smartphones.
- The partnership is part of Airtel’s ongoing initiative to build a portfolio of ultra-affordable smartphones.
- Airtel has already launched a slew of smartphones including Karbonn A40 and Celkon Smart 4G under this initiative.
- Airtel is selling these three phones at effective prices starting at Rs 1649.
Maharashtra signs 34 MoUs to transform villages.
- The state government signed 34 MoUs with leading corporate houses to take ahead its ambitious project of social transformation of 1,000 villages across Maharashtra.
- Under the banner of Village Social Transformation Foundation (VSTF), the government has initiated the work in 310 villages.
- The MoUs were signed in presence of Chief Minister Fadnavis and other corporate heads.
Current Affairs 2017 – December Current Affairs
Hindi now fourth most-spoken language in New Zealand.
- New Zeland envoy Joanna Kempkers said Hindi is now the “fourth most-spoken” language in her country.
- She also emphasised that the inflow of Indian tourists to New Zealand and the number of students going there are on the rise.
- A few months ago, Education New Zealand, a government agency for international education, had signed up Bollywood actor Kriti Sanon as its brand ambassador.
Qatar and France sign $1 billion Rafale fighter jet deal amid gulf crisis – Current Affairs December 2017
- Qatar announced a deal to buy 12 French-built Rafale fighter jets, as it faces a boycott by neighbouring Gulf states in the region’s worst political crisis in years.
- The 1.1-billion-euro ($1.3-billion) order, announced during an official visit by French President Emmanuel Macron, allows for an option to buy a further 36 jets.
- It comes on top of a 2015 agreement on the purchase of 24 Dassault Aviation-built Rafale warplanes.
Cristiano Ronaldo wins his 5th Ballon d’Or award as the best player.
- Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Ballon d’Or award as soccer’s best player of the year.
- He made a record-equalling fifth time, with Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
- Messi won it from 2009-12 and again in 2015.
- Ronaldo also took home the Ballon d’Or prize in 2013 and 2014, and in 2008 when playing for Manchester United.
Current Affairs December 2017 – Daily Current Affairs
Haryana has the highest rate of gang rapes in the country.
- As per the recent report of National Crime Records Bureau Haryana has recorded the highest rate of gangrape per one lakh population in the country.
- For the third year in a row, Haryana has stood first.
- The state recorded as many as 191 cases of gang rapes in 2016, which, though less than last year’s 204, was still the highest in India.
- As per the data, Rajasthan and Delhi are the distant second and third with gang-rape rates of 1 and 0.9, respectively.
Lionel Messi equals historic Gerd Muller goal record – Current Affairs December 2017
- Lionel Messi equalled Gerd Muller’s record 525 goals with a single club in Europe’s top five leagues as Barcelona won a 2-0 victory over 10-man Villarreal.
- Muller scored 525 goals in 572 appearances for Bayern Munich between 1965 and 1979, a record which had stood for almost 40 years.
- The Argentina player is already La Liga’s top scorer in history with 362 strikes.
India’s first-ever mobile food testing laboratory launched.
- Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar launched country’s first-ever mobile food testing laboratory.
- Parrikar unveiled the vehicle, worth Rs 41 lakh, in presence of Goa Food and Drugs Administration minister Vishwajit Rane.
- The laboratory mounted on a bus will be travelling across the state checking food samples on the spot.
Current Affairs 2017 – December 2017 Current Updates
All new double-decker Uday express set to roll out next year.
- Railways are all set to roll out the Uday Express, its ambitious new long-distance double-decker train, from January next year.
- The trains will run on three routes-Coimbatore-Bengaluru; Bandra-Jamnagar and Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada.
- The first trial run of the train was conducted on August 10 with just three coaches, and the speed was then limited to just 80km per hour.
Afghanistan to play their first ever Test in India.
- Cricket country Afghanistan earned their Test status alongside Ireland this June.
- Afghanistan hosted their home games in India, most recently the series against Ireland in Greater Noida.
- BCCI has extended a helping hand to Afghanistan on a number of occasions.
Candidates read the latest updates of Current Affairs December 2017 from the above article. Make use of the December Current Affairs 2017 which will help you to gain more General Knowledge. In Current Affairs 2017 December month we are providing with important National International and other News happening around the world. December Current Affairs 2017 will contain all the information that you are looking for. Reading the Current Affairs 2017 December will be helpful in getting more marks in all competitive exams. It will help in exams like UPSC, IBPS, SSC and other railway exams.