Daily Current Affairs Feb 1
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 1.
Pay, pension hike likely to be announced in Karnataka Budget.
- In its final budget to be presented by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on February 5, the present Congress government in Karnataka is likely to announce a pre-election pay bonanza for 5.73 lakh state government employees.
- It also includes a 30 percent pay hike and a possible increase in pension for retired employees.
- The sixth pay commission appointed in June 2017 has submitted the first volume of its report today.
- The commission has recommended an increase of 30 percent in the pay of government employees,’’ the CM’s office said in a statement.
Union Budget 2018-19: Capital spending pegged at Rs 1.5 lakh crore for railways.
- The Railways may chart a course to spend the highest ever plan size in Budget 2018-19 with sources pegging a figure close to Rs 1.5 lakh crore of capital expenditure.
- The Budget may give around Rs 55,000 crore to Railways as budgetary support same as last year.
- The rest the national transporter will source through a loan from the LIC and other avenues.
- Sources suggested that around Rs 49,000 crore the Railways plans to draw from the LIC money.
Swaraj to begin Nepal visit on today.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will hold talks with Nepal’s top leadership during her two-day visit to Kathmandu starting today.
- Swaraj will be the first senior Indian minister to visit Nepal after the conclusion of elections to local bodies, provincial assemblies and federal Parliament.
- Nepal’s Left alliance is preparing to form a new government which is expected to be headed by CPN-UML chief and former prime minister K P Oli.
- Swaraj will meet Oli, who through a letter congratulated Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the 69th Republic Day of India.
Google doodle honours Kamala Das the Mother of modern English poetry.
- Kamala Das, one of India’s prominent poets and a Malayalam author who dared to write about women’s sexual lives and marital problems was honoured by Google with a doodle today.
- Born to a Hindu family, she converted to Islam at the age of 68 and was known as Kamala Suraiya.
- For her vernacular readers, she adopted the pen name Madhavi Kutty.
Arun Jaitley to present Modi govt’s last Budget in Parliament today.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will present the Union Budget 2018 in Parliament today.
- Continuing with the trend from last year, the Railways Budget will be included in the General Budget.
- This is the last full Budget of the government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi before the country goes to polls in 2019.
- It is also the first since the government effected major economic reforms, including the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and demonetisation.
EC issues Meghalaya assembly election notification.
- The Election Commission on Wednesday issued the notifications for the February 27 Meghalaya assembly elections.
- Chief electoral officer of Meghalaya, FR Kharkongor told that the Election Commission has issued notifications for the elections in the state.
- The tenure of the current 60-member Meghalaya assembly ends on March 6 and the state will go to the polls on February 27.
- The last date of filing nominations is February 7 while the date of scrutiny of nomination is February 8.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 1 Updates from around the globe.
SpaceX rocket launches Luxembourg’s communications satellite for NATO.
- A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket blasted off from Florida on Wednesday carrying into orbit a Luxembourg-made communications satellite.
- It is designed in part to expand NATO’s surveillance reach and its capability to deter cyber-attacks on alliance members.
- It marked the second rocket launch this year for billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk and his privately-owned Space Exploration Technologies.
- The so-called GovSat-1 satellite will provide, among other things, greater cyber protection for Luxembourg’s European Union partners and NATO allies.
US missile defence test unsuccessful says, official.
- US official said the US military carried out an unsuccessful test to shoot down an incoming dummy missile from Hawaii.
- The official said an SM-3 Block IIA missile was launched from an Aegis Ashore test site in Hawaii, but failed to hit another missile launched from an aircraft.
- The missile, which is being developed by Raytheon Co is used to target intermediate-range missiles and is being developed with Japan.
Hong Kong approves the ban on local ivory trading by 2021.
- Hong Kong lawmakers gave final approval on Wednesday to a government proposal banning local ivory trading in the Chinese territory by 2021.
- Lawmakers overwhelmingly supported the measure, voting 49-4 to amend the existing law to outlaw sales of ivory in Hong Kong.
- A ban on ivory sales with heavier penalties in Hong Kong shows a clear commitment towards the future of African elephants.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 1 updates by reading the news.
Toyota recalls 645,000 vehicles worldwide for airbags failure.
- Toyota is recalling about 645,000 vehicles worldwide to fix an electrical problem that could stop air bags from inflating in a crash.
- The recall covers certain Toyota Prius and Lexus RX and NX SUVs.
- The automaker says an open electrical circuit could occur over time. That would set off an airbag warning light and could stop the side and front airbags from deploying.
Google installs 150 ‘Google Station’ Wi-Fi hotspots in Pune.
- Google, in partnership with Larsen & Toubro, announced that the company has installed 150 “Google Station” hotspots in Pune.
- The development is part of the Pune Smart City Development Corporation Limited’s “Smart City” project.
- This is the first time that the company is deploying “Google Station” a localised captive portal that enables the connection to public Wi-Fi outside of the railways.
Current Affairs Feb 1 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
PM Modi launches Khelo India School Games.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday declared the inaugural Khelo India School Games open and said the event will highlight the country’s sporting talent and its potential to the world.
- The ceremony showcased the rich ‘Guru-Shishya’ tradition of the country in grand style.
- Modi said the Games will highlight India’s young sporting talent and showcase India’s sports potential.
- Modi urged the youth to take up to sports activities as it is an important tool for the development of the nation.
Arsenal sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in club record transfer.
- Arsenal has bolstered their attacking line-up by signing striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund on a long-term contract for a club-record fee.
- British media reported that the deal was around 56 million pounds eclipsing the 46.5 million pounds paid to French side Olympique Lyonnais.
- The 28-year-old is Gabon’s all-time top goalscorer with 23 goals from 56 matches and was named the African Footballer of the Year in 2015.
Mesut Ozil extends Arsenal contract until 2021.
- Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has extended his contract at the London club by three and a half years to take the deal further to 2021.
- With the extension, Ozil has become the club’s highest paid player in history earning about £350,000 a week before tax.
- The new deal commits him to Arsenal until he turns 32. He has made 21 appearances this season, scoring four goals and recording six assists.
After maiden Ranji title, Vidarbha wins first Cooch Behar Trophy.
- After winning their maiden Ranji Trophy earlier this season, Vidarbha recorded another first by winning the U-19 Cooch Behar Trophy in Nagpur.
- Emulating the impressive performance of the senior side, the U-19 team beat Madhya Pradesh on the basis of first innings lead in the final.
- Vidarbha had finished second in the league stage with three wins and as many draws.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 1:
|Current Affairs | 31-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 30-Jan-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 1 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 1.