Daily Current Affairs Feb 10
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 10
Railways to sack 13,000 employees on long, unauthorised leave.
- Railways have initiated disciplinary action under the rules to terminate services against more than 13,000 employees who are on unauthorised absence for a long time.
- The move came after railways minister Piyush Goyal asked the top brass to launch a massive drive to identify long-term absentees in various railway establishments.
- During the drive, it was found that more than 13,000 out of 13 lakh workforce were absent from service for a long time without authorization.
Kerala tops NITI Aayog Health Index, Uttar Pradesh worst performer.
- As per NITI Aayog Health Index Kerala, Punjab and Tamil Nadu ranks in the top three
- NITI Aayog Health Index report ranks Mizoram as first, followed by Manipur and Goa among the small states.
- Uttar Pradesh fared the worst among 21 states on an outcomes-based comprehensive health index prepared for the first time by the federal think tank Niti Aayog.
- The think tank’s CEO Amitabh Kant said they will also announce a ranking of India’s 730 district hospitals in June.
- The index ranked Jharkhand at the top among states that have shown the best year-on-year improvement.
PM Modi likely to announce super-speciality hospital in Palestine today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is on a four-day visit to Palestine, the UAE, and Oman, is likely to announce the set-up of a super-speciality hospital in Palestine’s capital Ramallah today.
- He will also hold discussions with President Mahmoud Abbas and reaffirm India’s support for the Palestinian people and the development of the state.
- PM Modi will be the first Indian prime minister to visit Palestine.
- India is also the first non-Arab nation to recognise Palestine and maintains diplomatic relationships with them.
Smart Cities Mission: Rs 5,961 crore released between FY16 and FY17.
- Since the launch of the Smart City Mission on June 25, 2015, a total Rs 5,961.70 crore has been released to cities under the government’s flagship scheme during the financial year 2015-16 and 2016-17.
- So far, 60 Smart Cities (20 cities in FY 2015-16 and 40 cities in FY 2016-17) have been selected for development as Smart Cities.
- Remaining 40 cities are to be selected in the 3rd year of implementation of Smart Cities Mission 2017-18.
Govt launches an app to monitor fly ash from thermal plants.
- Union power minister R K Singh launched web-based monitoring system and a mobile application named “ASH TRACK” in Delhi.
- These two platforms will enable better management of the ash produced by thermal power plants by providing an interface between them and potential ash.
- ASH TRACK shows coal-based power plants situated within the radius of 100 km and 300 km from the user’s location.
- Therefore, any app user can select power station from where he wants to take fly ash.
Megha Patil likely to be the first woman to head civic panel.
- Megha Patil of the NCP is likely to become the first woman in the history of Kolhapur Municipal Corporation (KMC) to head the standing committee.
- Patil was the lone candidate to fill the nomination paper from the ruling Congress-NCP alliance.
- The alliance enjoys a majority in the standing committee, with eight votes on its side.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 10 Updates from around the globe.
China says introducing stealth fighters into combat units.
- China says it has begun introducing its J-20 stealth fighter jets into combat units, in a potentially major upgrade of its air force capabilities.
- First flown in 2011, the J-20 is China’s answer to fifth-generation jets such as the US F-22 and F-35.
- It made its formal debut at a 2016 air show in southern China and last year was featured in a military parade.
Colombia wants to build Venezuela financial rescue plan.
- Colombia has contacted international lending agencies about devising a financial rescue plan worth up to $60 billion for neighbouring Venezuela.
- Hyperinflation and severe recession in oil-rich Venezuela are prompting Venezuelans to flee over the border to Colombia.
- Colombia wants to participate in international lending to Venezuela and take a more direct role in providing financing to help Venezuela rebuild its economy.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 10 updates by reading the news.
Google rewarded $3 million to bug bounties in 2017.
- Tech giant Google paid out almost $3 million to security researchers in 2017 as rewards for the vulnerabilities they found in its products and services.
- Around $1.1 million each was paid for bug reports specific to Google and Android products while Chrome awards accounted for the rest of the Vulnerability Reward Program.
- The largest single payment of $112,500 went to independent researcher Guang Gong for outlining an exploit chain on Pixel phones as part of the Android Security Rewards Program.
Omics International to launch in Hyderabad soon.
- Hyderabad-based Omics International is going to set up a Rs 1,000 crore special economic zone (SEZ) at Chandanagar, Hyderabad.
- The company which has obtained Government of India approval for the project has chosen Hyderabad-based property developer Phoenix Group to develop this project.
- The first phase of the project could attract an investment of about Rs 300 crore, covering a 10-acre area.
Appointments Updates of Current Affairs Feb 10
IRDAI appoints Vasantha Krishna as insurance ombudsman for Chennai.
- The insurance regulator has appointed National Insurance Company director Vasantha Krishna as the insurance ombudsman for Chennai.
- With recent appointments, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has filled 10 of 16 vacant posts in India.
- Both Sanath Kumar and Vasantha Krishnan will retire shortly and take up the new posts.
Rakesh Singh appointed private banking head at HDFC Bank.
- Rakesh Singh has been appointed as head of private banking at HDFC Bank.
- He will continue to head the bank’s investment banking, capital markets and financial institutions businesses.
- Prior to joining HDFC Bank, Singh was managing director and co-head, financing advisory at Rothschild.
Vidit Gujrathi appointed as a brand ambassador of All India Chess Federation for Chess.
- Grand Master Vidit Gujrathi has been appointed as the brand ambassador of All India Chess Federation for the Blind (AICFB).
- The announcement was made by Dr Charudatta Jadhav, President of AICFB, a media release said.
- 23-year-old Gujrathi had broken the 2700 rating barrier and has a current rating of 2718, thereby becoming the fourth Indian to achieve the feat after legend Viswanathan Anand, Sasikiran and P Harikrishna.
- He recently won the Tata Steel Chess Challengers 2018 in Wijk Aan Zee and has made the cut for the Tata Steel Chess Masters next year.
Current Affairs Feb 10 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Asian Para-Cycling Championships: India win one silver, two bronze.
- The Indian team underlined its supremacy at the Asian Para-Cycling Championships by posting three podium finishes, at the Wunna Theikdi Sports Stadium in Naypyidaw, Myanmar.
- Divij Shah, Harinder Singh and Madhu Bagri won medals for India at the Asian Para-Cycling Championships.
- New entrant Madhu Bagri, meanwhile, won bronze in hand-cycling, a category where India made a maiden participation and Bagri became the first Para-Cyclist to win an international medal in Hand Cycling.
Former Manchester United midfielder Liam Miller dies aged 36.
- Former Ireland international Liam Miller has died at the age of 36 after suffering from cancer.
- Miller, who won 21 caps for Ireland between 2004 and 2009, started his career at Celtic in Scotland before moving to Manchester United.
- Miller ended his career in the United States in 2016, having also played for Sunderland in the Premier League and Hibernian in Scotland.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 10:
|Current Affairs | 09-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 08-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 10 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 10.