Daily Current Affairs Feb 11
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 11.
PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the first Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially laid the foundation stone for the first Hindu temple in UAE.
- The groundbreaking ceremony was live-streamed to the Dubai Opera House where the prime minister was interacting with the Indian community.
- He thanked Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, on behalf of 125 crore Indians for the construction of the grand temple.
- Temple Committee members had presented the temple literature to Modi and Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan last evening in Abu Dhabi.
- This is the first stone temple to be built in Abu Dhabi off Dubai-Abu Dhabi highway.
- The temple will come up on 55,000 square metres of land.
- The temple will be hand-carved by Indian temple artisans and assembled in the UAE.
- It will be completed by 2020, and open to people of all religious backgrounds.
- Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS), is a socio-spiritual Hindu organisation set up in 1907 that runs more than 1,100 temples and cultural compounds around the world.
Defence Ministry sanctions Rs 1,487 cr to Army to boost perimeter security.
- The Defence Ministry has sanctioned Rs 1,487 crore to the Army to secure its bases in Jammu and Kashmir, North East.
- Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman has set a deadline of 10 months for the Army to carry it out.
- Perimeter security will be strengthened at Army bases under six commands, the sources said.
- A security audit of military bases was carried out on the recommendation of a committee headed by Lt Gen Philip Campose which was set up after the Pathankot attack.
- Total of 3,000 sensitive bases, including 600 highly sensitive installations of the Army, Navy and the Air Force were identified by the forces months after the attack on Pathankot air base.
- The government had delegated financial powers to the Army, the Navy and the Indian Air Force to strengthen perimeter security at sensitive bases across the country.
The last King of Nepal Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev visited Shree Jagannath Temple in Puri.
- King of Nepal Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev today visited Shree Jagannath Temple in Puri and paid obeisance to the deities by offering special puja.
- King Gyanendra visited the pilgrim town along with Gajapati King of Puri Dibyasingha Deb through the south gate after the latter went in and preformed the puja.
- The Nepal King also offered three rare ‘Salagrams’ (ammonite) and a gold coin.
- Shri Jagannath Temple Administartion (SJTA) had made special arrangements in view of the visit of the Nepal king by keeping the temple closed for devotees for three hours.
- The king of Nepal has the special privilege of performing ‘aarti’ of Shree Jagannath atop the ‘Ratna Singhasan’ (Podium).
- Adi Shankaracharya had established the rituals and practices in both the Jagannath and Pashupatinath temples.
- Nepal comes under the spiritual jurisdiction of the Puri Shankaracharya’s Govardhan Math.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 11 Updates from around the globe.
Dubai’s iconic buildings were lit up in Indian flag colors on Friday ahead of PM Modi’s visit.
- Dubai’s iconic buildings were lit up in colors of the Indian flag ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai Frame were seen glittering in the colors of the Indian flag, a day before the Prime Minister’s scheduled arrival in the country.
- PM Modi will reach Abu Dhabi on Saturday evening and where he will be given a ceremonial reception before meeting the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the Presidential palace.
- He will have talks with Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, followed by a signing ceremony of agreements and MoUs.
- The Prime Minister is also expected to meet Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE in Dubai.
PM Narendra Modi on Sunday met French PM Edouard Philippe to boost bilateral strategic ties.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi met French PM Edouard Philippe and had discussions on ways to boost bilateral strategic ties ahead of President Emmanuel Macron’s first visit to India.
- Modi met Philippe during the World Government Summit.
- Modi also met Kyrgyz Prime Minister Sapar Isakov here and the two leaders shared their views on bilateral and regional issues.
- He earlier met UAE Vice President and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and discussed ways to expand bilateral cooperation in trade, defence and people-to-people contacts.
- Modi also met business leaders from Gulf Cooperation Council countries and shared his vision of “new India” with them.
- Modi is visiting the United Arab Emirates for the second time after his 2015 trip to the Gulf country.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 11 updates by reading the news.
L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering gets Rs 2,200 crore order.
- L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering, a subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro, has secured a Rs 2,200-crore contract from Abu Dhabi’s Al Dhafra Petroleum Operations Company.
- It has signed “a major field development EPC contract with Al Dhafra Petroleum Operations Company Ltd, Abu Dhabi, UAE, with a value in excess of Rs 2,200 crore.
- Al Dhafra Petroleum is a joint venture between ADNOC and Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC) and GS Energy, represented by Korean Abu Dhabi Oil Consortium (KADOC).
- The project involves engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of flow lines, gathering facilities and pipelines to transfer crude oil and gas from Haliba fields.
ITC to invest Rs 1,100 cr in Uttar Pradesh.
- ITC has proposed to invest Rs 1,100 crore in Uttar Pradesh, ahead of the state’s investors’ summit this month.
- CEO of ITC, Sanjay Puri, met chief minister Aditya Nath in Lucknow on Saturday morning to discuss possible investment in the state.
- The government has also asked ITC to set up hotel projects in its tourist circuits.
- The company would like to invest Rs 800 crore for manufacturing its popular packaged food brands, including noodles, biscuits and snacks.
- There is another proposal for a Rs 120 crore logistics hub in Ghaziabad, spread over 15 acres while it also wants to set up a solar power plant in Bundelkhand for Rs 210 crore.
Appointments Updates of Current Affairs Feb 11
Tushar Mehta was appointed as the new Special Public Prosecutor for the 2G case.
- The Union Government has named Additional Solicitor General Tushar Mehta as the Special Public Prosecutor for the 2G Spectrum Scam case.
- Mehta has been named to conduct “prosecution appeals/ revisions or other proceedings arising out of the cases related to 2G spectrum investigated by the CBI.
- On December 21 last year, a special CBI court acquitted all the accused in the 2G scam, including former telecom minister A Raja and DMK MP Kanimozhi.
- Senior Prosecutor K K Goel argued the case in its initial days but he was replaced by A K Singh.
- Singh was dropped after he was allegedly heard in a telephonic conversation advising one of the accused how to fight the case.
- Comptroller and Auditor General led by Vinod Rai in an audit report alleged that Raja sold spectrum and telecom licenses to private firms at throwaway prices, causing a notional loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore to the exchequer.
Current Affairs Feb 11 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Zimbabwe beat Afghanistan to level series.
- Zimbabwe thrashed Afghanistan by 154 runs in the second ODI at Sharjah on Sunday to level the five-match series.
- Brendan Taylor scored a majestic 125 during the match.
- Wicket keeper Taylor led the Africans to 333/5 in 50 overs with his ninth ODI hundred.
- Graeme Cremer took 4-41 with his leg-spin as Afghanistan slumped to 89/7 on their way to 179 all out.
- Both teams are warming up for the 2019 World Cup qualifying tournament in Zimbabwe next month.
- Wicketkeeper Taylor put on 135 for the fourth wicket with Sikandar Raza before being bowled by Afghan star Rashid Khan.
- All-rounder Raza scored 92 from 74 balls with 13 boundaries including four sixes.
Czech Republic advances to the Fed Cup semifinals.
- Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova beat Switzerland’s Belinda Bencic 6-2, 6-4 Sunday.
- Czech Republic advanced to the Fed Cup semifinals with Kvitova’s victory after an 3-0 lead in the first-round match and secured a 10th straight appearance in the last four.
- They will face Germany or Belarus in the April semifinals.
- The Czech player put her opponent under pressure with aggressive strokes on the indoor hard court, breaking serve twice in the opening set.
- Kvitova, who hit a total of 10 aces, then got the decisive break for a 4-3 lead in the second set after Bencic sent a forehand long.
Malaysia beats Hong Kong to book Thomas Cup spot.
- Badminton’s world number two Lee Chong Wei helped Malaysia book their spot at the Thomas Cup Finals after defeating his Hong Kong opponent at the Asia Team Championships.
- Lee gave Malaysia the lead in the quarter-finals after beating Angus Ng Ka Lung 21-15, 22-20 in 45-minutes in the first singles match.
- 2016 Olympics silver medallists Goh V Shem and Tan Wee Kiong continued Malaysia’s winning streak with a victory over Hong Kong pair Or Chin Chung and Tang Chun Man 21-11, 21-16.
- Malaysians got a final boost from youngster Lee Zii Jia, who sealed their path into the last four with a win over Vincent Wong Wing Ki.
- Malaysia will face China in the semis after the nine-time Thomas Cup champions defeated India 3-1.
- Doubles pair He Jiting and Tan Qiang triumphed 21-17, 21-18 over Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty.
- Also in the semi-finals, South Korea will play defending champions Indonesia.
- South Korea beat Thailand 3-1, while Indonesia swept aside Japan 3-0.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 11:
|Current Affairs | 10-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 09-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 10 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 10.