Daily Current Affairs Feb 12
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 12
Govt plans SOS buttons to get installed on trains to tackle emergencies.
- The centre for railway information system (CRIS) will install SOS buttons, which will be operated by the motorman of the train.
- SOS refers to a distress signal, sent out during emergencies, which immediately directs the person towards the concerned authorities for help.
- The motorman can press the button in cases of accidents, following which, the control room will get alert of the situation immediately.
- The SOS button will be installed alongside a software, Real Time Information System (RTIS), which will facilitate the sharing of information about the train in real time.
Govt plans anti-human trafficking unit under NIA.
- The Centre is planning to set up a dedicated anti-human trafficking wing under a central investigation agency like the National Investigation Agency.
- Functioning under the ministry of home affairs, Rs 324 crore is proposed to be allocated from the Nirbhaya Fund by the women and child development ministry.
- The planned anti-trafficking wing will give a boost to efforts of investigators when the proposed Trafficking of Persons Bill, 2017, becomes a reality.
IMD will expand its forecast facility to 6,500 blocks by this year-end.
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) will soon overcome its limitation by expanding its high-tech forecast facilities down to block level.
- It will also extend its direct SMS alert system by adding 21 million farmers more to the network by July.
- The ministry of earth sciences (MoES) secretary M Rajeevan said the ministry planned to expand the facilities to 6,500 blocks across the country by the end of this year.
Army launches clearing operation at terror-hit Sunjuwan camp.
- Launching a “clearing” operation, the Army on Sunday fired mortar shells at the vacated residential quarters of the Sunjuwan military camp.
- The Army has launched a fire assault as a part of a sanitisation and clearing operation.
- A National Investigation Agency (NIA) team on Sunday visited the camp and examined the evidence collected by the Army from the site of the gun battle.
India, UAE agree to work on joint development projects.
- India and the UAE have agreed to start joint development projects for third countries, including in war-torn Afghanistan.
- Modi arrived in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, yesterday and held wide-ranging talks with the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi as the two sides signed five agreements.
- Modi thanks the UAE for being a reliable partner in India’s energy security and invited the Crown Prince to visit India.
Govt released Rs 9,940 crore to states for Smart Cities Mission.
- The Centre has released nearly Rs 9,940 crore to the states so far for the Smart Cities Mission.
- With Maharashtra accounting for the highest amount of Rs 1,378 crore, followed by Madhya Pradesh getting Rs 984 crore.
- The Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has announced 99 cities for central assistance under the BJP government’s flagship programme.
- The total proposed investment in these cities was Rs 2.03 lakh crore.
- Maharashtra with eight cities, including Pune and Nashik, has received a central grant of Rs 1,378 crore.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 12 Updates from around the globe.
World’s tallest hotel set to open in Dubai today.
- Gulf metropolis Dubai, on its never-ending quest to break records, announced the opening of the “world’s new tallest hotel” today.
- The gleaming gold 75-storey Gevora Hotel stands 356 metres, or nearly a quarter of a mile, tall.
- The new record-holder is within view of its predecessor, Dubai’s JW Mariott Marquis just one meter shorter.
- Dubai is also home to the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, which pierces the city skyline at 828 metres (half a mile) high.
South African President Zuma’s fate to be decided today.
- The party’s new chief said the ANC will decide President Jacob Zuma’s fate at a special meeting today.
- Zuma was replaced as leader of the ruling African National Congress (ANC) by Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa in December and no longer holds a top position in the party.
- The meeting of the party’s National Executive Committee (NEC), which has the power to demand that Zuma step down.
- Since Zuma became president in 2009, he has been dogged by scandal. He is fighting the reinstatement of 783 counts of corruption over a 30 billion-rand.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 12 updates by reading the news.
Apple working on lighter VR headset that will help for a longer period.
- Apple has filed a patent for a device that appears to be much more lightweight than other Augmented Reality (AR) or Virtual Reality (VR) headsets introduced by Microsoft and Facebook-owned Oculus VR.
- The Apple has imagined a new head-mounted display design that could dramatically shrink the size of a VR or AR headset.
- Apple reportedly proposed that the device will use what is called a catadioptric system that forms the basis of optical telescopes, microscopes and telephoto lenses.
India Post Payments Bank pan-India roll out from April.
- India Post Payments Bank said that it will start the pan-India rollout of its network from April this year.
- The India Post Payments Bank(IPPB) Expansion Programme continues to make brisk progress and a nationwide rollout in April 2018.
- All 1.55 lakh post office branches will operate as access points and 650 payments bank branches will provide the back-end support.
Indian engineer part of a team awarded sci-tech Oscar.
- Vikas Sathaye was a part of the team that bagged the scientific and engineering award at the Oscars 2018 Scientific and Technical Awards.
- The four-member team got honour at the Beverly Hills ceremony for the concept, design, engineering and implementation of the Shotover K1 Camera System.
- Sathaye said that in 2009 he joined a new company called Shotover Camera Systems in Queenstown, New Zealand, which is where he worked on the aerial mount.
Retirements Updates of Current Affairs Feb 12
Luger Keshavan retires from the sport with the 34th-place finish.
- India’s winter sports poster boy Shiva Keshavan ends his two-decade international career with a 34th-place finish in the men’s luge singles event of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
- Taking part in his sixth and last Olympics, the 36-year-old Keshavan produced the best timing of his campaign.
- He covered the 1,344-metre track at the Olympic Sliding Center in 48.900 seconds in his third round heat.
- The effort put him at 30th in the third heat among 40 competitors and 34th overall after three rounds.
Current Affairs Feb 12 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Railways win senior women’s hockey nationals.
- Railway Sports Promotion Board (RSPB) has lifted the 8th Senior National Women’s Hockey Championship title.
- They trashed Madhya Pradesh 4-0 in the final to finish the tournament without losing a game.
- Playing in front of a boisterous crowd at the Astro Turf Hockey Stadium, RSPB brought their A game into play.
- In the bronze medal match, Haryana beat home team Jharkhand 2-0.
Virat Kohli becomes 5th highest run-getter in ODIs from India.
- Virat Kohli is on a record-breaking spree with the run-machine becoming the fifth highest run-getter from India in one-day internationals.
- He went past former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin  in the list of the top run scorers in ODIs.
- The 29-year-old also went past explosive West Indian batsman Chris Gayle who currently has 9420 runs in 275 matches.
- Overall, he’s now the 16th highest run-getter in the format in a list that is led by legendary Sachin Tendulkar who scored 18426 runs across 463 ODIs.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 12:
|Current Affairs | 11-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 10-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 12 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 12.