Daily Current Affairs Feb 13
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 13
BEST plans to get 450 smaller buses in Mumbai.
- The policy-making body of Brihan Mumbai Electric Supply and Transport ((BEST) undertaking on Monday cleared the proposal for hiring 450 buses.
- It includes mini, midi and air-conditioned (AC) buses on wet-lease, worth around Rs650 crore, as a part of reforms suggested by the parent body.
- Upset with the decision the labour unions have warned indefinite strike from February 15. Of the 450 buses, 200 will be AC minibuses, 200 mini non-AC buses and 50 non-AC midibuses.
- Introduction of mini-AC buses was one of the short-term low-cost solutions discussed in HT’s ‘Unclog Mumbai’ series.
Modi to launch DD Arun Prabha on Feb 15.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch DD Arun Prabha, a new 24×7 satellite television channel of Doordarshan for the north-eastern region.
- He will launch it during his day-long visit to the state on February 15.
- The Prime Minister is also scheduled to inaugurate the state Civil Secretariat complex here, officials at the chief minister office said.
- DD Arun Prabha will showcase programmes on the diverse culture of the northeastern states. This will be Doordarshan’s second channel for the north-eastern region.
India, Oman to join hands to prevent misuse of religion to promote terror.
- India and Oman have decided to coordinate efforts to counter “misuse” of religion by groups and states for perpetrating acts of terror.
- During his two-day visit to Oman, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met Sultan Qaboos bin.
- The two leaders exchanged views on regional and international issues of common interest.
- The two sides acknowledged the common threat posed by terrorism to peace and security and agreed to continue working together bilaterally.
- India and Oman signed eight agreements, including on enhancing defence and security relations.
Canadian PM Justin Trudeau to visit IIMA on Feb 19.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, arriving in India later this week, will deliver a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Trudeau is scheduled to visit the IIMA on February 19 and address its students, the leading business school.
- The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) will have the pleasure of hosting the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau.
Rajasthan CM announces schemes, benefits for SC, ST, OBC.
- Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje announced various schemes and benefits for the welfare of the people.
- Her benefits are for the SC, ST and OBC categories and economically backward classes (EBC).
- She announced waiver of loans of up to Rs 2 lakh along with the interest on it for SC/ST, sanitation workers and differently-abled.
- The chief minister said interest-free loan of Rs 2 lakh will be provided to hair stylists, cobblers, rickshaw pullers, plumbers among others for skill development.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 13 Updates from around the globe.
Iran president Hassan Rouhani to meet Modi in India on Feb 17.
- Iranian president Hassan Rouhani will arrive in India later this week for talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other Indian leaders.
- The Iranian President Hassan Rouhani will travel to India on February 15,” the Iranian Students.
- This will be the first visit by Rouhani, who is the seventh President of Iran, after taking charge in August 2013.
First Pakistani woman from Hindu minority to become a lawmaker.
- The first woman from Pakistan’s tiny minority Hindu community is poised to become a lawmaker next month.
- She will be the first woman after the country’s opposition party nominated her for the upcoming Senate elections.
- Kumari will be the first female Hindu lawmaker in Pakistan since 1947 when Pakistan gained independence from Britain.
- Pakistani parties usually nominate wealthy or influential people for the Senate, but Kumari was overjoyed with the news.
India, UAE agree to strengthen economic, commercial ties.
- India and the UAE have agreed to further strengthen their economic and commercial ties especially in the sectors of civil aviation, climate and energy.
- Modi and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan held wide-ranging bilateral talks yesterday.
- The two sides agreed to further strengthen these ties, particularly through diversifying non-oil trade.
China coercing neighbours to reorder Indo-Pacific region.
- China is coercing its neighbours to reorder the Indo-Pacific region, the Pentagon told Congress in its annual budget proposals for fiscal 2019, beginning October 1 this year.
- Trump administration today released their proposal for the fiscal year 2019 budget.
- The budgetary proposal covers October 1, 2018, through September 30, 2019.
Devastated Iraq seeks $90 billion for reconstruction.
- Iraq needs nearly $90 billion to rebuild after three years of war with the ISIS group, officials said Monday.
- Baghdad declared victory against ISIS in December, after Iraqi forces, backed by a US-led coalition, regained control of the large parts of the country seized by IS in mid-2014.
- Aid groups made pledges of $330 million on the first day of the conference, but officials said much more was needed.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 13 updates by reading the news.
Bank of Baroda to exit South Africa after controversies.
- Bank of Baroda, which became embroiled with the Guptas scandal-ridden businessmen friends of President Jacob Zuma, has announced plans to exit South Africa.
- The Bank of Baroda, the last financial institution in South Africa offering banking services to the Guptas’ Oakbay investment holding firm.
- In September, Oakbay lost a court bid to keep their accounts open at Baroda’s South African unit.
Lupin launches generic Tamiflu in the US.
- Pharmaceutical firm Lupin on Monday said it has launched its generic Oseltamivir Phosphate capsules used for the treatment of influenza in the US markets.
- The company said in a BSE filing that it has launched its tablets after receiving the approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration.
- The capsules, in the strengths of 30 mg, 45 mg and 75 mg, are generic versions of Hoffman-La Roche Inc’s Tamiflu capsules in the same strengths.
Alibaba signs deal to offer Disney shows on its video platforms.
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd’s entertainment arm has signed a licensing agreement with Walt Disney Co.
- It is a deal that will provide the Chinese group’s Youku video streaming platform with the largest Disney animation collection in China.
- The deal comes as Disney has faced obstacles in getting digital television content into China.
Current Affairs Feb 13 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Atletico Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano chosen as Copa del Rey final venue.
- Atletico Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano stadium has been chosen as the venue for this season’s King’s Cup final between Barcelona and Sevilla.
- The game, which will take place on April 21, will be the first final to be held at the 68,000-capacity arena.
- It was opened in September last year and will also host the 2019 Champions League final.
Red Bull to present new car ahead of Formula One rivals.
- Former world champions Red Bull will be ahead of their Formula One rivals at least when it comes to showing off their new car, after announcing a Feb. 19 launch date.
- The team, who won four drivers’ and constructors’ championships in a row will unveil the RB14 a week before testing starts in Barcelona on Feb. 26.
- Red Bull won three of last season’s 20 races and finished the season third overall.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 13:
|Current Affairs | 12-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 11-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 13 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 13.