Daily Current Affairs Feb 15
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 15
Western Command conducts tri-service maritime exercise Paschim Lehar.
- Around 40 ships, submarines and fighter aircraft participated in Paschim Lehar, a tri-service maritime exercise off India’s western coast.
- An official spokesperson said the objective of the exercise, which commenced on February 12, is to build interoperability.
- This exercise includes the participation of a large number of ships, submarines and aircraft from the Western Naval Command of the Indian Navy.
- Over 40 ships and submarines, a similar number of maritime surveillance, fighter aircraft, helicopters and Remotely Piloted Aircraft of the Indian Navy.
Narendra Modi to address global IT event in Hyderabad on Feb 19.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will deliver the inaugural address at the World Congress on Information Technology 2018 (WCIT) in Hyderabad from February 19.
- Telangana principal secretary for IT and Industries Jayesh Ranjan has confirmed that Modi will be delivering the inaugural address through a video link.
- This is for the first time that the WICT is being held in the country.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on a 3-day visit to India from today.
- India and Iran will discuss regional and international issues of “mutual interest” during a three-day visit of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani starting today.
- Official sources in Hyderabad said Rouhani will arrive at Begumpet Airport today afternoon
- And will later address Muslim intellectuals, scholars and clerics.
- This will be the first visit to India by Rouhani after taking charge as the Iranian president in August 2013.
- During Modi’s bilateral visit to Iran in 2016, nearly a dozen pacts were signed between the two countries.
South Africa expects over 1 lakh Indians in 2018.
- South Africa is eyeing more than 1 lakh Indians visiting them this year and is focusing on promoting the country
- India is the eighth largest source market for South Africa, following the US, Britain, Germany, the Netherlands and France being the top five.
- During the January-September 2017, MICE accounted for 32.8 percent of the total Indian arrivals.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 15 Updates from around the globe.
US Democrats propose more than $1 billion for election cybersecurity.
- Congressional Democrats on Wednesday introduced legislation that would provide more than $1 billion to boost cybersecurity of US voting systems.
- The cybersecurity bill followed warnings from US intelligence officials that this year’s midterm races are likely to experience meddling from Russia and possibly other foreign adversaries.
- Lawmakers have introduced several bills, some with bipartisan support, to bolster election security since the 2016 election, though none have become law.
India overtakes the UK in defence spending says report.
- India has overtaken the United Kingdom in defence spending and broken into the top five but faces considerable lag in comparison to China.
- The annual report by the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) sees China and Russia challenging the global dominance of the United States and its allies.
- India has the fifth largest defence budget in the world, at $52.5 billion in 2017.
- It is overtaking the UK whose defence budget fell from $52.5 billion in 2016 to $50.7 billion in 2017.
South Africa President Zuma resigns after corruption scandals.
- South African President Jacob Zuma resigned on Wednesday as the ruling ANC party finally turned against him after nine years of corruption scandals.
- Zuma railed against the African National Congress (ANC) for “recalling” him from office and threatening to oust him via a parliamentary no-confidence vote due.
- Zuma has been in a power struggle with multi-millionaire former businessman Cyril Ramaphosa, the deputy president who now becomes interim president.
CPN-UML formally names KP Sharma Oli as Nepal’s next PM.
- The victorious CPN-UML party on Wednesday formally named its chairman, KP Sharma Oli, as Nepal’s next prime minister.
- A meeting of the party’s standing committee proposed Oli as the next premier with the support of its leftist ally.
- Oli will formally stake a claim at the President’s Office as soon as Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba puts in his papers after chairing a final meeting of his cabinet.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 15 updates by reading the news.
BHEL bags Rs 560-cr order from NTPC for equipment installation in Dadri power station.
- BHEL has bagged an order worth Rs 560 crore for supply and installation of the flue gas desulphurisation (FGD) system from NTPC.
- It will install a 2×490 MW National Capital Power Station (NCPS) at Dadri in Uttar Pradesh.
- The order has been secured by BHEL against stiff competition from Indian and multinational companies.
- Earlier, BHEL has executed the FGD system at Tata Power’s Trombay Unit 8 in 2008 and is currently installing FGD systems at NTPC’s 3×250 MW Bongaigaon project.
LinkedIn Scheduler launched to ease hiring process.
- LinkedIn launched a new tool called “Scheduler” that will help ease the hiring process both for recruiters and candidates.
- The LinkedIn Scheduler will automate the initial interview scheduling for recruiters and candidates, directly via InMail.
- The new tool would help candidates and recruiters save time spent on scheduling a meeting and help recruiters focus their energies on hiring.
Microsoft will integrate Chalk up features into Teams.
- Microsoft has partnered with classroom collaboration startup Chalk up to drive better learning experiences for students globally.
- As part of the collaboration, Microsoft will bring the best of the Chalk up features, like it’s original rubrics system.
- Microsoft has also hired Chalk up Co-founder Justin Chando.
NITI Aayog official appoints Dinesh Arora as PM’s healthcare programme director.
- Dinesh Arora, director (health) at a federal policy think tank Niti Aayog, was appointed as director of the prime minister’s flagship healthcare programme.
- The 41-year-old Arora, who is been working on the programme for more than a month before it was announced in the budget.
- He is a qualified doctor and has worked in public health in the past, heading the National Rural Health Mission in Kerala from May 2006 to September 2009.
Current Affairs Feb 15 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Haas first Formula One team to show off their 2018 car.
- Haas set Formula One’s launches a new car complete with the new ‘halo’ head protection device.
- The Ferrari-powered U.S.-owned team, who finished eighth overall last season for the second year running, released digital images of the VF-18 car on their website.
- Team principal Guenther Steiner said the biggest part of the car’s evolution was the addition of the halo.
Mumbai Indians to take on Chennai Super Kings in IPL 2018 opener.
- Defending champions Mumbai Indians will take on two-time winners Chennai Super Kings.
- They will take on in an opening game of the Indian Premier League 2018.
- The 11th edition of the cash-rich T20 tournament will be played at nine venues across 51 days.
- Kings XI Punjab will play their three home matches in Indore and four matches at home in Mohali.
- The 11th edition will feature 12 matches that will be played at 4:00 PM and 48 matches will start at 8:00 PM.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 15:
|Current Affairs | 14-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 13-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 15 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 15.