Daily Current Affairs Feb 16
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 16
TN’s share from Cauvery should be reduced by 50 tmcft.
- Karnataka’s irrigation minister MB Patil says a minimum of 50-60 tmcft has to be reduced from the 192 tmcft of Cauvery water.
- Karnataka minister MB Patil says we have challenged the validity of the pre-Independence agreements of 1892 and 1924 as those were between the Mysore Maharaja and the British government.
- Most importantly, the tribunal assessed that Tamil Nadu had groundwater availability of 200 tmc, and it concluded that at least 20-30 tmc could be used.
PM Modi congratulates Oli on taking oath as Nepal PM.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated KP Sharma Oli on taking oath as Nepal’s prime minister.
- The Prime Minister spoke with his Nepalese counterpart and congratulated him on assuming office.
- Oli took oath as Nepal’s Prime Minister for the second time, weeks after his Left alliance with former Maoist rebels.
JD(S) ties up with NCP for Karnataka assembly elections.
- The Janata Dal (Secular) announced a pre-poll alliance with the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), cementing its efforts to form a third front in the state.
- The alliance was announced after the former chief minister and JD(S) leader HD Kumaraswamy met NCP chief Sharad Pawar in the city.
- The JD(S) had recently announced an alliance with the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate conference at World Sustainable Development Summit.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will formally inaugurate the World Sustainable Development Summit 2018 in New Delhi’s Vigyan Bhawan.
- Organised by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), the three-day summit will see participation from over 41 countries.
- Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr Harsh Vardhan will also attend the event.
Iran President Hassan Rouhani arrives on a 3-day trip to India.
- Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani on Thursday evening addressed Muslim intellectuals, religious scholars and students at an interaction held at a hotel in the city.
- Rouhani also interacted with Iranian students studying in Hyderabad, where about 40,000 Iranians live.
- He is received by MoS (Power) R K Singh and Governor for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana E S L Narasimhan.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 16 Updates from around the globe.
KP Oli takes over as Nepal’s Prime Minister.
- The Communist Party of Nepal or CPN-UML Chairman K P Oli Thursday took over as Nepal’s Prime Minister with the support of the Maoists.
- President Bidhya Devi Bhandari administered the oath of office and secrecy to Oli along with two ministers, Lalbabu Pandit and Tham Maya Thapa.
- Oli will be the prime minister for first three years and Maoist chief Pushpa Kamal Dahal for the remaining two.
South African parliament elects Ramaphosa as the new president.
- Cyril Ramaphosa is elected as South Africa’s new president, hours after longtime president Jacob Zuma resigned.
- The people welcome his announcement by singing in the National Assembly.
- The 65-year-old leader was elected as the new President of the African National Congress (ANC) two months ago.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 16 updates by reading the news.
Dyson to invest A£150 mn in India.
- British tech firm Dyson will pump GBP 150 million (about Rs 1,300 crore) into its Indian operations over the next five years.
- The company, which today launched its products in the Indian market, will set up 20 stores in cities including Delhi-NCR, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
- Dyson, which operates in over 80 countries, counts markets like the US, the UK and China among its largest.
Sanjiv Bajaj is EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017.
- Sanjiv Bajaj, MD of Bajaj Finserv is the new EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017.
- Bajaj Finserv emerged as the country’s leading name in financial services with solutions across lending, life and general insurance and wealth advisory.
- EY also named nine other Category Winners for the Entrepreneur of the Year Programme.
Google’s ad network for apps nears $20 billion in annual revenue.
- Google makes ads show up in more smartphone apps than any other technology company.
- That is the core of a resurgent business for parent Alphabet Inc.
- Google’s ad network unit has posted three straight quarters of year-over-year double-digit sales increases.
- Google has been quietly benefitting from its ad products – AdSense for desktop and AdMob for mobile.
Idea Cellular launches up to Rs 35 billion QIP.
- Indian wireless carrier Idea Cellular on Wednesday launched a share sale to institutional investors to raise up to 35 billion rupees.
- Last month Idea announced plans to raise a total 67.5 billion rupees ahead of the proposed merger.
- Idea said that the share sale launched has a floor price of 86.84 rupees per share, with a potential discount of up to 5%.
Science and Technology Events
2 Astronauts to take more than 6-hour-long spacewalk today.
- Two astronauts will venture outside the International Space Station today for a planned six-and-a-half-hour spacewalk.
- Mark Vande Hei of NASA and Norishige Kanai of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency are scheduled to begin the spacewalk at 7:10 am EST.
- The spacewalk will be the 208th in support of space station assembly and maintenance and the third in 2018.
Current Affairs Feb 16 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Ishant Sharma to represent Sussex in his maiden County stint.
- India’s Test fast bowler Ishant Sharma is set to play English county side Sussex in five first-class and eight List A games.
- The county will be getting his services from April 4 to June 4, making him available for Sussex’ first five fixtures in the County Championship.
- The 29-year-old from Delhi made his international debut in 2007 and has played 81 Tests, 80 ODIs and 14 T20 Internationals (T20Is) for India.
Roger Federer closes in on world number one ranking.
- Roger Federer is one win from becoming the oldest world number one in ATP Tour history.
- The 36-year-old needs to reach the semi-finals to overtake Rafael Nadal at the top of the rankings and reclaim the world number one ranking for the first time since November 2012.
- Evergreen Federer, the 20-times grand slam champion, faces local favourite Robin Haase in the last eight on Friday.
Odisha govt replace Sahara as Indian hockey team sponsors.
- Odisha government announced a five-year deal with Hockey India on Thursday to replace Sahara as the sponsors of all national team.
- The deal is made with an approximate amount of Rs 150 crore.
- Hockey India’s deal with Odisha government comes in one of the busiest years for the Indian hockey teams.
Prince Henrik of Denmark dies at age 83.
- Denmark’s Prince Henrik, the husband of Queen Margrethe, died on Tuesday night at the age of 83 at Fredensborg Castle.
- The 83-year-old French-born prince has diagnosed with a benign tumour two weeks ago.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 16:
|Current Affairs | 15-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 14-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 16 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 16.