Daily Current Affairs Feb 18
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 18
Central govt. to set up 562 more Ekalavya schools
- Tribal affairs minister Mr.Oram has announced that Govt. will setup 562 schools for tribal children.
- He also added that “Every block with at least 20 thousand tribal persons, will have an Ekalavya School”.
- The Tribal Affairs Ministry has been allocated an amount of six thousand crore rupees for new financial year. In 2017-18, it received over 5329 crores rupees
- Ekalavya Model Residential School (EMRS) is a Government of India scheme for model residential school for Indian tribals across India.
Modi inaugurates ‘Magnetic Maharashtra’ Investors’ Summit in Mumbai.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘Magnetic Maharashtra’ Convergence Summit 2018 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- This is Maharashtra’s first Global Investors Summit and is being regarded as one of the biggest such events
- Especially on the lines of the ‘Make In India’ initiative launched by the Prime Minister in 2016 in Mumbai. It is being run with the tagline #MadeForBusiness.
Lok Sabha speaker Sumitra Mahajan inaugurates CPA conference.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan inaugurated the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) conference in Patna, Bihar.
- The two-day conference will mainly deliberate on parliament’s role in the development agenda and legislature and judiciary two important pillars of democracy.
Shilpa Shetty’s The Dairy of Domestic Diva Launched.
- Shilpa Shetty has released her second book after the success of her first book The Great Indian Diet,
- The new book is called The Dairy Of Domestic Diva.
- The Dairy of Domestic Diva is a cookbook that contains recipes of various dishes along with the calorie intake details.
Ola ‘Auto Unnati’ launched to ensure healthy ecosystem for Auto driver.
- Ola successfully launched ‘Auto Unnati’ program to assist its auto driver partners through the firm’s ‘Chalo Befikar.
- The aim is to create an inclusive environment in which driver partners can operate and thrive.
- Auto Unnati’ is a milestone program in the same direction that will offer better financial and emotional stability for thousands of auto drivers in Bengaluru.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 18 Updates from around the globe.
Three Day Munich Security Conference held at Germany.
- The Munich Security Conference, in its 54th edition, began in Munich, Germany, amidst strict security measures for more than 4,000 security personnel.
- Three day conference held from 16th feb to 18th feb 2018.
- The Secretary-General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterich, began the session.
US Justice Department indicts 13 Russian nationals over 2016 Presidential Election Interference.
- Russia – US relation to face another major crisis as the federal grand jury indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities.
- The Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office has charged them with conspiracy to defraud the United States.
- The All the activities were a planned conspiracy as per US judicial department’s statement.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 18 updates by reading the news.
India slides 16 spots to 78th position on globalisation index over 11 years.
- India has dropped 16 spots to 78 from 62 among 140 countries in 11 years.
- This report was made on a globalisation index brought out by international logistics company DHL.
India and Iran sign several MoUs.
- India and Iran signed an Agreement for the Avoidance of Double Taxation (DTAA) and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to taxes on income.
- The Agreement is on similar lines as entered into by India with other countries.
- The Agreement will stimulate the flow of investment, technology and personnel from India to Iran & vice versa, and will prevent double taxation.
Have complete information about Appointment News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 18
Sachin Tendulkar made T20 Mumbai League’s brand ambassador
- Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar has been made the brand ambassador of the upcoming T20 Mumbai League.
- The league, scheduled from March 11 to 28 is to be organised by Sports India Pvt Ltd.
- A consortium of IIFL Group as Lead Member and Wizcraft, with the approval and sanction of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) and under its aegis.
ICHR has appointed Arvind Jamkhedhar as chairman
- Archaeologist and historian Arvind P. Jamkhedkar will be the next Chairman of the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR).
- He will replace Prof. K. Sudershan Rao, whose term as ICHR chief was mired in controversy. The post fell vacant after Prof. Rao’s retirement.
Current Affairs Feb 18 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Badminton coach Pullela Gopichand initiated the country’s largest ‘train the trainers’ programme.
- Gopichand launched ‘train the trainers’ programme inducting 1500 Physical Education (PE) teachers from across Gujarat for advanced training.
- As per the plan, Gopichand and his band of experts will first select around 150 PE teachers out of the 1500 to become master trainers.
- Former All-England champion Gopichand and India’s lone Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra have been appointed to oversee the programme and will serve as mentors.
Long serving Former Dutch PM passed away.
- Ruud Lubbers, the youngest and longest-serving prime minister of the Netherlands, died at the age of 78 in Rotterdam.
- Mr Lubbers had the longest tenure of any prime minister in the country’s history, and guided the Netherlands
- He guided Netherlands through economic turmoil to prosperity while helping shape the foundations of the European Union.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 18:
|Current Affairs | 17-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 16-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 18 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 18.