Daily Current Affairs Feb 2
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 2.
Union budget 2018: A budget for Bharat, but middle India sulks.
- There were few happy faces in India after the Budget speech got over, except for the senior citizens.
- Budget 2019 has given a big push to Bharat and tightened India a bit more. Senior citizens should be happy.
- Though finance minister Arun Jaitley’s budget has significant schemes in healthcare and the standard deduction for the salaried class, the only middle-class cohort to truly benefit is the senior citizen.
- The big announcement in the Budget takes the successful Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) that insured the poor for Rs 30,000 on medical expenses.
Union Budget 2018: A Big role for private players in providing health services.
- Healthcare was one of the key focus areas of Union Budget 2018 with finance minister Arun Jaitley announcing world’s largest government-funded healthcare programme.
- Sanchita Sharma, Dr K Srinath Reddy, the president of Public Health Foundation of India, talked about the potential of the government’s healthcare scheme and the challenges it could face.
- The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY), which was renamed the National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS) in 2016, already has an annual allocation for it in the budget.
- National Health Policy 2017 proposes “strategic purchasing” of services from secondary and tertiary hospitals for a fee.
- So that people can go to both public and private healthcare providers for treatment.
Highlights of Union Budget – Click Here
Nearly 20 percent reduction in the budget for metro projects.
- The Centre has kept an outlay of Rs 14,264.60 crore for metro projects across the country in the Union Budget for 2018-19.
- There was a reduction of nearly 20 percent from the allocation in the previous budget.
- The budget also proposed a grant of Rs 50 crore to the Delhi Metro for its expansion into NCR areas.
- The allocation for metro projects for 2017-18 was Rs 17,810 crore and for expansion into NCR areas, the DMRC was granted Rs 150 crore.
Over 63 percent cut in the budget for transparency watchdog CIC and RTI.
- A massive cut of over 63 percent in the funds for the transparency watchdog Central Information Commission and propagation of the Right to Information Act has been announced in the Union Budget.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley allocated only Rs 8.66 crore under the head “CIC and RTI” which is a drastic cut of Rs 14.95 crore from the revised estimates of 23.61 crores for 2017-18.
- Public Enterprises Selection Board and Central Information
Commission, Rs 26.54 crore has been allocated which is a reduction of over Rs 4.89 crore from last year’s allocations.
Rajdhanis, Shatabdis to get modern coaches.
- Railway minister Piyush Goyal said his ministry continues to focus on the use of technology to ensure safety on its network.
- He said the railways would spend over Rs 73,000 crore, or half the capital expenditure earmarked, on safety.
- This money will be spent on projects related to overhauling of the signalling and telecommunication system and track renewal.
- The aim is to produce 100 such train sets, which will replace Shatabdi and Rajdhani coaches in the near future.
Ex-Congress MP Devvrat Singh joins Ajit Jogi’s party.
- Former Congress MP Devvrat Singh, who quit the party in December joined former chief minister Ajit Jogi’s Janata Congress Chhattisgarh (JCC).
- The development, ahead of the assembly elections which are due by year-end, could be a boost for Jogi’s party in Rajnandgaon district.
To counter China, a new tunnel to build at 13,700 feet in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The government plans to build a tunnel at an elevation of 13,700 feet in Tawang, a strategically located town in Arunachal Pradesh bordering China.
- The tunnel will go through the Sela Pass, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced while presenting the Union Budget.
- The proposal to build the Sela Pass comes amid concerns over Beijing’s growing assertiveness along the nearly 4,000 km-long China-India border.
- The Sela Pass is located between the Tawang and West Kameng districts of Arunachal Pradesh and considered crucial from a strategic perspective.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 2 Updates from around the globe.
World’s longest Zipline opens in UAE with speeds of up to 150 KPH.
- The world’s longest zip line will open in the UAE on Friday, propelling thrill-seekers at speeds of up to 150 kilometres an hour.
- The 2.8 kilometre (1.74 miles) zipline, spanning the equivalent of 28 soccer fields, was certified this week by the Guinness World Records.
- The zip line can handle as many as 100,000 people a year, and though there are no age restrictions.
- The riders must be at least 1.22 metres tall and no heavier than 150 kilograms.
Russia launches 11 space satellites.
- Russia on Thursday successfully launched 11 satellites from its Vostochny cosmodrome, in the third rocket liftoff from the new spaceport.
- The country’s first orbital launch of 2018 came after a similar liftoff from the cosmodrome in eastern Russia ended in embarrassment.
- The Soyuz rocket carried two Russian Earth-monitoring satellites as its primary payload and nine US and German piggyback satellites.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 2 updates by reading the news.
Apple likely to start assembling iPhone 6s in India.
- Apple’s Taiwanese contract manufacturer Wistron Corp could possibly start assembling iPhone 6s in India.
- The Apple supplier at present assembles iPhone SE in its Bengaluru plant.
- The firm is likely to invest about $157 million to develop the site, two government officials told Reuters.
Read Current Affairs Feb 2 and know the latest appointment updates
Surendra Kumar new Chief Electoral Officer of Odisha.
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has appointed senior IAS officer Surendra Kumar as the new Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) of Odisha.
- The Odisha government has been informed about the appointment of Kumar as the CEO in a gazette notification.
- Kumar, a 1993 batch IAS officer is currently serving as the principal secretary of ST and SC Welfare Department.
Roberto Fabbricini takes the appointment as emergency leader of Italian football federation.
- Roberto Fabbricini was appointed has an emergency leader of the Italian football federation (FIGC) after a 10-hour election this week failed to find a replacement for Carlo Tavecchio.
- The Italian Olympic Committee (CONI), which oversees all sports in Italy, named its secretary general as the emergency leader.
Agreement Updates of Current Affairs Feb 2
India joins Ashgabat agreement.
- India has joined the Ashgabat agreement, which envisages setting up of an international transport and transit corridor linking central Asia with the Persian Gulf.
- Turkmenistan, as depository State of Ashgabat Agreement, informed India today that all the four founding members have consented to the accession of India.
- Besides Turkmenistan, the other founding members of the agreement are Iran, Oman and Uzbekistan and these countries had signed the pact on April 25, 2011.
Washington Sundar receives Young Achiever Award.
- Washington Sundar who made his ODI and T20 debut for India against Sri Lanka in December last year bagged the Young Achiever Award.
- The award was given by the Rotary Club of Madras Chenna Patna during their 25th anniversary.
- Washington became emotional while delivering his acceptance speech.
Current Affairs Feb 2 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Chelsea completes Olivier Giroud signing from Arsenal.
- Chelsea has reinforced their attacking line with the signing of French striker Olivier Giroud from Arsenal on an 18-month contract.
- Giroud has found it difficult in the Arsenal starting lineup this season, with manager Arsene Wenger preferring to start Alexandre Lacazette as a lone striker.
- Giroud has made 16 appearances in the league, with 15 of them coming as a substitute.
- He joined Arsenal from French side Montpellier in 2012 and his goal tally has hit double figures in each of his last five seasons.
Virat Kohli scores 33rd ODI century, 20th in the chase for India.
- The Indian skipper scored his 33rd ODI century against South Africa in the first ODI in Durban.
- This was his second consecutive century in One-Day Internationals and third in last four innings.
- His century came off 105 balls with a four through the covers at the Kingsmead Stadium.
- This is Kohli’s 20th hundred in run-chases for India and the team has won 17 matches while two have come on losses.
- This is the 18th time India will win a game when Kohli has scored a century batting second.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 2:
|Current Affairs | 01-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 31-Jan-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 2 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 2.