Daily Current Affairs Feb 20
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 20
BJP wins Gujarat civic polls, gets 27 of 28 seats in PM Modi’s town.
- BJP has retained the same number of seats – 47 out of 75 – in Gujarat municipal polls as it had won five years back in 2013.
- Congress has improved its tally from eight municipalities to 16.
- State election commissioner Varesh Sinha said, “Out of 75 municipalities, BJP has won 47, Congress 16, NCP one and BSP one.
- Of total 2,060 municipal councillor seats, BJP won 1,167, Congress 630, BSP 15, NCP 28, and other parties won 18.
Aga Khan’s 11-day India visit to begin from Feb 20.
- Shah Karim Al Hussaini, the Aga Khan, will arrive here today on an 11-day visit, during which he will hold talks with Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu.
- During his stay from February 20 to March 2, the Aga Khan will also meet President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Aga Khan is the founder and chairman of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN.
- He is the 49th hereditary Imam (Spiritual Leader) of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims.
PM Narendra Modi to launch Amma scooters on February 24.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi likely to visit Chennai to launch the AIADMK government’s Ammascooter scheme on February 24.
- Modi’s visit assumes significance as the HC is expected to come out with a ruling in the case of disqualification of 18 MLAs by the Tamil Nadu assembly speaker.
- State government officially invited Modi a few days ago for the event and the PMO confirmed participation on Monday morning.
Mizoram budget to be presented on March 15.
- The Mizoram Annual Budget for 2018-19 would be presented in the Legislative Assembly on March 15.
- Secretary of the state Assembly SR Zokhuma said the Assembly Session would commence from March 13 and continue till March 29.
- Mizoram Governor Lt General Nirbhay Sharm would deliver his customary gubernatorial address in the Assembly on the first day of the session.
PM Modi to inaugurate first ever TB India summit next month.
- The government of India is all set to organise a mega India TB summit from March 13-16.
- All chief ministers will be invited and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the first of its kind event.
- The event is aimed at generating sufficient momentum for his vision of a TB free India by 2025.
- During the summit, PM Modi is also expected to formally launch the National Strategic Plan for TB Elimination 2017-25.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 20 Updates from around the globe.
Indian-American from Florida to run for US Congress.
- An Indian-American has announced he will run for the US House of Representatives from Florida district.
- Sanjay Patel will challenge incumbent Republican Bill Posey in Florida’s District 8.
- He along with his wife got elect as Bernie Sanders delegates to the 2016 Democratic National Convention.
Presidents of Russia, Turkey, Iran to meet in Turkey in April.
- Preparations are underway for Russian President Vladimir Putin, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to meet in April.
- The three countries’ foreign ministers are yet to meet in Kazakhstan in two weeks to prepare the ground for an Istanbul summit.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 20 updates by reading the news.
Mivi to start manufacturing its products in India.
- Homegrown electronics brand Mivi said it will start manufacturing its products in the country in the next two-four years.
- By 2019, we aim to go offline and in the next 2-4 years, we plan to start manufacturing in India.
- Hyderabad-based Mivi offers products like headphones, Bluetooth earphones, power banks, cables, chargers, custom and designer cases and tempered glass.
- HMD Global partners Airtel to offer Nokia smartphones with Rs 2,000 cashback.
Airtel has a new partnering smartphone brand for its ongoing initiative Mera Pehla Smartphone.
- Under this initiative, Airtel offers 4G smartphones at affordable rates with different subscription plans.
- Nokia’s budget smartphones, Nokia 3 and Nokia 2will be now available with a cashback offer of Rs 2,000 from Airtel.
- Bundled with this offer, the effective price of Nokia 3 and Nokia 2 will be Rs 7,499 and Rs 4,999 respectively.
You can now pay utility bills through Google Tez.
- Google India announced that people can now pay utility bills with its payment app, Tez.
- The latest integration covers bills of water, electricity, DTH and mobile from companies like Reliance Energy, BSES, and Dish TV.
- This feature comes without any transaction charges and will cover all major metros and cities.
Egyptian firm to buy $15 billion of Israeli natural gas.
- An Egyptian company will buy $15 billion of Israeli natural gas in two 10-year agreements.
- The partners in Israel’s Tamar and Leviathan offshore gas fields said they would supply the private Egyptian firm Dolphinus Holdings with around 64 billion cubic metres of gas over a decade.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the agreements would strengthen our economy strengthen regional ties.
- Israel’s Delek Group Ltd and Texas-based Noble Energy Inc have led both gas projects.
Wolfsburg coach Martin Schmidt resigns after five months.
- VfL Wolfsburg coach Martin Schmidt resigned on Monday after five months and 22 games in charge.
- The club, announcing the decision in a statement on its website.
- Schmidt is the fourth coach to leave the club since October 2016, was appointed in September.
- Wolfsburg drew 11 out of their 19 league matches under him with five defeats.
Maharashtra honours Ratan Tata with the top industrial award.
- Tata Group patriarch Ratan Tata was felicitated by Maharashtra government with a special award for his contribution to the development of the state.
- Tata was presented with the Mahaudyog Sanman award.
- Other categories from where entrepreneurs were felicitated included information technology, women, exporters and small businesses.
Current Affairs Feb 20 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Roger Federer confirmed as oldest world No.1.
- Roger Federer officially returned to world number one as the latest ATP rankings were released on Monday.
- The 36-year-old beat Andre Agassi’s record as the oldest-ever No.1 en route to winning the Rotterdam Open title last week.
MS Dhoni breaks the T20 world record.
- Dhoni created a new wicketkeeping record of having taken 134 catches in 275 T20s.
- The previous record was held by Sri Lanka great Kumar Sangakkara who has 133 catches in 254 T20s.
- With 77 dismissals, Dhoni also holds the record for most dismissals in T20Is 48 catches and 29 stumpings.
Dolph Ziggler becomes third highest paid WWE superstar.
- Dolph Ziggler has reportedly signed a new two-year deal with World Wrestling Federation.
- The deal making him one of the top-earning superstars, ending all the speculations surrounding his future with the company.
- World Heavyweight champion putting pen to paper, was WWE’s new offer a mouth-watering deal worth USD 1.5 million per year.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 20:
|Current Affairs | 19-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 18-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 20 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 20.