Daily Current Affairs Feb 21
|This Day in History|
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 21
Govt to complete 50 of 99 irrigation plans by 2018.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the government was working to bring 50% of the country’s crop area under a new insurance scheme in 2018-19.
- He said we would complete 50 of 99 targeted irrigation projects by end of this year and the remaining by next year.
- Each completed irrigation project would bring down the input cost of farmers.
PM Modi to inaugurate UP Investors’ Summit today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the two-day ‘UP Investors Summit’ – the first such event by the Yogi Adityanath government today.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will attend the valedictory function on the second day.
- The summit is aimed at showcasing investment opportunities and potential across various sectors in Uttar Pradesh.
- More than 5,000 delegates are scheduled to attend the two-day summit and over 100 speakers will be addressing gatherings.
Cabinet okays Rs 60,000 crore fund for urban housing plan.
- Cabinet approved setting up of National Urban Housing Fund (NUHF) for Rs 60,000 crore.
- To meet funds requirement for achieving the target of building 1.2 crore houses in urban areas.
- The cabinet approved it with partial government support under the PM Awas Yojna (PMAY) scheme.
- Housing and urban affairs minister Hardeep Singh Puri added so far the housing ministry has sanctioned 39.4 lakh houses under the PMAY.
- Till now, more than 17.63 lakh houses have been grounded and about 5 lakh houses have been completed.
Kamal Haasan to launch his political party today.
- Actor Kamal Haasan arrived in Madurai to a rousing welcome on the eve of the launch of his political party today.
- Haasan will begin his political journey from the birthplace of former president APJ Abdul Kalam in neighbouring Ramanathapuram district.
- Kamal called on DMK president M Karunanidhi at his Gopalapuram residence to seek his blessings. Stalin was also present then.
PM Modi to launch Amma scooter scheme on Jayalalithaa birth anniversary.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the Tamil Nadu government’s ‘Amma scooter scheme’ for women on February 24.
- The subsidised scooter programme for women was Amma’s (Jayalalithaa’s) pet project.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 21 Updates from around the globe.
China has the highest number of smart city pilot projects.
- China has about 500 smart city pilot projects, the highest in the world, according to a leading auditing and consulting firm.
- Over 1,000 smart city pilot projects are ready for or are under construction worldwide.
- China is home to about 500 of them, covering big and small cities, according to a report by Deloitte.
- It aims to nurture 100 new smart cities from 2016 to 2020 to lead the country’s urban planning and development.
China upgrades air defence along the Indian border.
- China is upgrading air defence of its Western Theatre Command, which looks after the security along the Line of Actual Control.
- The Chinese military has released photographs of a J-10 fighter jet a lightweight multi-role fighter aircraft along with J-11 a single-seat.
- China has also recently commissioned its stealth fighter, the J-20, which is first in the region.
Venezuela’s digital coin makes a debut.
- Venezuela on Tuesday was set to become the first country to launch its own version of bitcoin.
- Officials say the so-called petrol is backed by Venezuela’s crude oil reserves, the largest in the world.
- Federico Bond, co-founder of Signatura said My advice would be to tread very carefully with this especially considering the track record of the Venezuelan government.
Turkey considers chemical castration for child abusers.
- Turkey’s government said it would consider introducing chemical castration for child abusers after several cases of sexual assault on children.
- Justice Minister Abdulhamit Gul the government was putting the issue back on its agenda.
- The number of court rulings on child sexual abuse in Turkey has soared, rising from 3,778 in 2006 to 21,189 in 2016.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 21 updates by reading the news.
Google can now detect heart disease through AI-based retina scan.
- Using machine learning, scientists from Google and its health-tech subsidiary, Verily, can now detect a person’s risk of getting a heart disease.
- This new method scans the back of an individual’s eye to analyse the factors that can cause heart disease, according to a report by The Verge.
- Google and Verily’s scientists used machine learning to analyse a medical dataset of nearly 300,000 patients, as per the report.
Humanoid robot Sophia back in India.
- The world’s first humanoid robot, enthralled the audiences on the second day of the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT)-2018.
- Asked who is her favourite actor in India, Sophia answered Shah Rukh Khan without batting an eyelid as the audience applauded loudly.
- Asked if she wanted to see any change in the world, Sophia said she would like people to develop a feeling of “love for all”.
Japan’s Sony to form an alliance to build taxi-hailing system.
- Sony Corp looks set to become the latest blue-chip firm to jockey for position in Japan’s taxi and ride-hailing market.
- Japan is seen as a potentially lucrative ride-hailing market, with regulators under pressure to ease stringent rules.
- Sony plans to build the AI-based hailing platform with Daiwa Motor Transportation and four other domestic taxi firms.
GoAir appoints Jyri Strandman as Chief Operating Officer.
- GoAir recently announced the appointment of Jyri Strandman as Chief Operating Officer.
- He will report to Managing Director, Jeh Wadia and be a part of the airline’s core management team.
- Prior to GoAir, Jyri has associated with US-based Spirit Airlines as Director, Operations and VP, Flight Operations.
Current Affairs Feb 21 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Messi ends Chelsea drought to give Barcelona last-16 edge.
- Chelsea manager Antonio Conte rued one costly mistake as Lionel Messi gave Barcelona the upper hand from the first leg of their Champions League last-16.
- Messi struck for the first time in nine games against Chelsea 15 minutes from the end.
- Chelsea must now score when they travel to the Camp Nou on March 14 to have any chance of making the last eight.
Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah and India are No. 1 in ODIs.
- India captain Virat Kohli has reclaimed the No 1 spot in the ICC ODI batsmen rankings.
- While fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah has become the top-ranked ODI bowler, as per the latest reshuffling of the ranking.
- India, following their 5-1 series win over South Africa, has become the No 1 team in the ICC ODI Championship.
Kevin Pietersen to end career after PSL.
- England’s Kevin Pietersen will end his professional cricket career after the Pakistan Super League’s third edition.
- Pietersen will represent Quetta Gladiators in the PSL.
- The dashing batsman posted a photo of him on Instagram, hugging his son before leaving to join the Gladiators in Dubai.
- The batsman was sidelined by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) in 2012 and again in 2014 after differences with the team management.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 21:
|Current Affairs | 20-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 19-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2118 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 21 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 21.