Daily Current Affairs Feb 22
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 22
PM Modi announces Rs 20,000 crore defence production corridor in UP.
- One of the two defence industrial corridors proposed in the Union Budget will be built in Bundelkhand, bringing the investment of Rs 20,000 crores.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced at the UP investors’ summit that the investment of Rs 20,000 crore is to the most backward region of Uttar Pradesh and creating 2.5 lakh jobs.
- Modi had earlier inaugurated the two-day mega-summit in the presence of governor Ram Naik, Union home minister Rajnath Singh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the corridor would open up development in the state by linking the Agra, Aligarh, Jhansi and Chitrakoot belts.
Avani becomes first-ever Indian woman to fly a fighter aircraft solo, that too a MiG-21.
- Madhya Pradesh, Avani Chaturvedi become the first-ever Indian woman to break the sound barrier with resounding sonic booms in a supersonic fighter all alone.
- Avani flew a 30-minute solo sortie in a MiG-21 at the Jamnagar airbase.
- Avani, who was commissioned into the fighter stream after basic training in June 2016, still has over a year to go before she can be deployed for combat missions.
Bihar CM visits Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum in Japan.
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar visited the famous Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum located in central Hiroshima in Japan.
- He laid a wreath in honour of martyrs killed in the atomic bombing of Hiroshima during Second World War.
- The museum, established in August 1955 with the International Conference Center, is dedicated to documenting the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.
Kamal Haasan party’s name is Makkal Needhi Maiam.
- Actor Kamal Haasan launched his political party on Wednesday, naming it Makkal Needhi Maiam.
- He also unveiled its flag that symbolises the strength of unity.
- The party flag was unveiled just before the Kamal Haasan party’s name, Makkal Needhi Mayyam, was announced.
- The flag in the white background has six hands joining together with shades of red over three hands and rest with white along with a star in between.
India, Bhutan celebrate 50 years of diplomatic relations.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said India and Bhutan celebrate 50 years of diplomatic relations this year.
- She said it was an opportunity to reflect about further advancing ties between the two countries.
- The year 2018 is a milestone moment for India-Bhutan partnership as we celebrate the accomplishments of the last five decades of our time-tested and specialities.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 22 Updates from around the globe.
Former UN chief Ban Ki-moon says Korea’s dialogue must be kept alive.
- Former UN secretary-general Ban Ki-moon has said the dialogue between the two Koreas that began during the Winter Olympics must be kept alive.
- He says it can hopefully lead to reconciliation, peace and the denuclearization of North Korea.
- He said the United States can also play “a crucially important role” by engaging with North Korea, as South Korean President Moon Jae-in.
Krishna Kumari Kolhi will be Pakistan’s first Hindu woman to become Senator.
- Krishna Kumari Kolhi from Thar in Pakistan’s Sindh province will become the first-ever Hindu woman Senator in the Muslim-majority country.
- The Election Commission of Pakistan has accepted the papers of 39-year-old Kolhi who was nominated by the ruling PPP.
- Kolhi will be the first-ever Dalit woman in Pakistan who becomes a Senator.
- Kolhi’s caste is mentioned at No. 23 in the Pakistani Schedule Castes Ordinance-1957.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 22 updates by reading the news.
BSE to launch cross-currency derivatives next week.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) said it will launch cross-currency derivatives and cross INR options next week.
- It has also obtained permission to introduce option on EUR-INR, GBP-INR and JPY-INR, in addition to existing USD-INR options.
- BSE will launch cross-currency derivatives and cross-INR options with effect from February 27, 2018.
India among top source countries web application attacks.
- Nearly 40% of over 53,000 cyber attacks in India occurred in the financial services sector during 2017.
- It is placing India at the seventh spot in the list of targeted countries for Web Application Attacks (WAA), a new report said.
- The newly-released data that analysed more than 7.3 trillion bot requests per month found a sharp increase in the threat of credential abuse.
Facebook now lets developers build richer 3D content.
- Facebook has rolled out support for industry-standard “glTF 2.0” file format that will enable artists and creators build richer and higher-quality 3D content.
- It is instantly responsive to scroll and touch, making content pop off the screen.
- Facebook recently introduced 3D posts to let people see and interact with a digital object from all sides in Facebook News Feed.
Indigenously-built Saras aircraft successfully completes second test flight.
- India’s indigenous light transport aircraft Saras was successfully test flown for the second time in Bengaluru.
- Union science and technology minister Harsh Vardhan said the production model design is expected to be ready by June-July this year.
- This was the second of the 20 test flights planned for Saras PT1N, before freezing the production version.
Current Affairs Feb 22 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Former South Africa pacer Alfonso Thomas named West Indies bowling coach.
- Former South African pacer Alfonso Thomas takes the appointment as the new bowling coach of the West Indies men’s team.
- Thomas has held specialist roles in the UK with Somerset and Kent as well as with franchises in Australia and Bangladesh.
- He has represented South Africa in a sole T20I in 2007 but has played in the IPL, BBL and the BPL, with 263 T20 wickets to his name.
- Meanwhile, the CWI has also appointed former Windies leg-spinner Rawl Lewis as team manager.
Renault launches the F1 car and names Jack Aitken as reserve driver.
- British-Korean youngster Jack Aitken will be the Renault Formula One team’s official reserve driver this season.
- He is replacing Russian Sergey Sirotkin, who has switched to a race seat with Williams.
- The Renault team made the announcement after an online presentation of its new RS18 car.
- Aitken, 22, will also race in the Formula Two feeder series this season.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 22:
|Current Affairs | 21-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 20-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 22 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 22.