Daily Current Affairs Feb 25
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 25
Govt. ropes in IIFT, ICAI for improving ‘Doing Business’ ranking
- Union Commerce and Industry Ministry has appointed four institutes, to interact with stakeholders and suggest measures to push up India’s ranking in ease of doing a business index.
- Four institutes that are roped in for this purpose are Indian Institute of Foreign Trade IIFT, ICAI, NICMAR and ICSI.
- ICAI would ascertain views on ‘taxes’ parameter.
- ICSI and IIFT would look into ‘starting a business’ and ‘trading across borders’ parameters respectively.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced that Government has identified 372 action points to improve ease of doing business.
PM Modi Launches Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme in Tamil Nadu.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Launched ‘Amma’, subsidised 2 Wheeler Scheme for working women in Tamil Nadu.
- This scheme was launched to mark the 70th birth anniversary of Jayalalithaa, the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- Under ‘Amma’ 2 Wheeler Scheme, every year, one lakh working women in Tamil Nadu will be given 50% of the cost of a two-wheeler or a grant of Rs. 25000.
- PM Modi launched this scheme in presence of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami.
- PM Modi also launched a drive to plant 70 lakh tree saplings in Tamil Nadu.
The 15th edition of BioAsia 2018 held in Hyderabad
- The 15th edition of BioAsia, the annual flagship event of the Government of Telangana, was held from 22nd – 24th February, 2018 in Hyderabad.
- BioAsia is a preeminent technology and bio-business convention in Asia for Life sciences, pharmaceuticals and healthcare.
- The theme of BioAsia 2018 was “RIGHT TIME, RIGHT NOW” focusing on strategies to keep up with the pace of change.
- The event was attended by 1500 delegates from over 55 countries.
- Ireland, Netherlands and South Africa were the International Partners while Gujarat, Assam and Rajasthan were the partner states for this event.
Int’l Conference on Sustainable Biofuels
- An International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels has been organized by Department of Biotechnology & Govt. of India. It will take place in New Delhi.
- It will bring together experts from Biofuels sector to take stock of current knowledge, share info & best practices & build consensus on the actions most needed to move forward.
- Sustainable Biofuel is 1 of the 7 Mission Innovation Challenges
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 25 Updates from around the globe.
Saudi Arabia hosts its first ever jazz festival in Riyadh.
- Saudi Arabia conducted the Groovz Jazz Festival, its first ever jazz festival, at the Riyadh Intercontinental Hotel, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- The Groovz Jazz Festival was conducted for 3 days. Nearly, 2,000 people attended this festival.
- The concert was organized by Time Entertainment. A divided seating arrangement was provided separately for men and women. Family areas were also provided.
- Both local and international artists performed at the festival. Bands from Riyadh, Beirut and New Orleans performed at the festival.
- Apart from musical performances, food trucks, a vintage car display etc. were there in the Groovz Jazz Festival.
Sri Lankan PM Ranil Wickremesinghe takes over additional charge of Law, Order minister.
- Sri Lanka’s prime minister took over the key law and order ministry as part of a cabinet reshuffle after a local election defeat sparked calls for his resignation.
- Premier Ranil Wickremesinghe was sworn into the ministerial post, a week after the minister in charge of the police.
- Sagala Ratnayaka resigned amid accusations he had failed to prosecute members of the former regime.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 25 updates by reading the news.
State Bank of India set for UK restructuring.
- From April 1, 2018, SBI’s UK operations will operate as SBI’s subsidiary under the name of State Bank of India UK Limited.
- This transformation has been planned in order to comply with specific capital requirement norms of Bank of England (the Central Bank of UK).
- Post-transformation, all retail branches of SBI in the UK will function under a new UK-incorporated banking entity.
India’s 1st 5G Trial Successful, 3 GB/Sec Speed Achieved.
- Chinese technology giant Huawei and telecom services provider Bharti Airtel announced to have successfully conducted 5G network trial under a test set-up in India.
- The trial took place at Airtel’s Network Experience Centre in Manesar (Gurugram).
- During the test trial, the speed of more than 3Gbps was achieved.
Know the latest agreement updates by reading Current Affairs Feb 25
India and Canada ink six pacts.
- India and Canada have signed six agreements, including in the area of nuclear science, energy cooperation and information communication technology.
- An agreement b/w India’s Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and the Department of Canadian Heritage was also signed for cooperation in sports.
- A MoU between the two countries for cooperation in higher education was also signed.
Current Affairs Feb 25 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Parupalli Kashyap wins Austrian Open International Challenge.
- India’s Parupalli Kashyap won the men’s singles title of the Austrian Open International Challenge, in Vienna, Austria.
- Parupalli Kashyap defeated Malaysia’s June Wei Cheam 23-21 21-14 in the men’s singles final and won the Austrian Open International Challenge.
- This is Parupalli Kashyap’s first international title in more than three years. He is a former National badminton champion.
Aruna Budda Reddy becomes 1st Indian to win an individual medal at Gymnastics World Cup.
- Aruna Budda Reddy became the first Indian gymnast to win an individual medal at the Gymnastics World Cup.
- She won a bronze medal in the women’s vault event, in Melbourne, Australia.
- Aruna Budda Reddy is 22 years old. She hails from Hyderabad. She is a former black belt and a Karate trainer.
RSS founder member Bhanu Shashtri dies.
- Bhanu Kumar Shashtri, the founder member of Bharatiya Jana Sangh and former MP, passed away after a long-term illness.
- Bhanu Kumar Shashtri was 93 years old. He was chairman of the Khadi Board.
- He also became an MP from Udaipur. Bharatiya Jana Sangh was the political arm of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.
Veteran Actress Sridevi passes away.
- Bollywood star Sridevi died due to cardiac arrest in Dubai.
- Sridevi was 54 years old. Sri Devi went to Dubai with her family to attend her nephew’s wedding.
- She made her Bollywood debut in 1978 and had acted in numerous films afterwards. She got Padma Shri award in 2013.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 25:
|Current Affairs | 24-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 23-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 25 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 25.