Daily Current Affairs Feb 28
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 28
Meenakshi temple to ban mobile phones from March 3 over security.
- The ban on devotees carrying mobile phones inside the famous Goddess Meenakshi Amman temple in Madurai will come into effect from March 3.
- A release from the temple administration said the ban was being enforced in line with the recent order of the Madras High Court’s.
- The order was issued on a PIL seeking to direct the central and state governments to frame guidelines and safety and security code.
India, Nepal to hold the joint exercise in Pithoragarh.
- India and Nepal would hold a joint exercise in Uttarakhand that will include training on jungle warfare, anti-terrorism combat.
- Nepal’s newly-appointed defence minister Ishwor Pokharel after assuming office on Monday signed an agreement to launch Surya Kiran Nepal – India Military Joint Exercise.
- Last year, the 12th edition of Surya Kiran Military exercise was held in Kathmandu.
Foodgrain production may touch record 277 mn tonnes.
- India’s overall foodgrain production may touch a record of 277.49 million tonnes in the 2017-18 crop year.
- The option of extending the government’s guarantee to banks and lending agencies to ensure that state agencies do not face fund crunch.
- Though the year is expected to report the decline in production of wheat and oilseeds as compared to previous year.
India, Pakistan trade heavy fire on LoC.
- Heavy firing exchanges started on Tuesday between Indian and Pakistani troops along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch and Rajouri districts.
- The Pakistani Army targeted defence and civilian facilities in Poonch’s Bhimber Gali sector and in Rajouri’s Balakote.
- The Pakistani troops used small arms, automatics and mortars. Our positions effectively and strongly retaliated.
Congress wins majority seats in Ludhiana Municipal Corporation elections.
- The Congress party on Tuesday swept the Municipal Corporation elections by bagging 62 out of 95 seats.
- The BJP managed 10 seats, it’s alliance partner Shiromani Akali Dal 10, Lok Insaaf Party (LIP) 7, Independent candidates 6 seats and one seat was won by Aam Aadmi Party.
Tata Steel to host 179th founder’s day celebration.
- Tata Steel’s 179th founder’s day celebration, which is held to commemorate the birth anniversary of Tata Steel founder Jamshetji Nusserwanji Tata, will be held on March 3.
- Where chairman of ThyssenKrupp Steel Henrich Hessinger will be the special guest of the event.
- A nine-member delegation from ThyssenKrupp Steel comprising of top executives will accompany Hessinger to the function.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 28 Updates from around the globe.
Nawaz Sharif becomes lifetime leader of PML-N.
- The ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) appointed the party’s ousted president Nawaz Sharif as
- The younger Sharif was elected unopposed. He is currently chief minister of Pakistan’s most populated province, Punjab Quaid (leader) for a lifetime.
China developing 400 kmph bullet train.
- China is developing new bullet trains with a speed up to 400 kmph besides researching on the next generation magnetic-levitation train with a top speed of 600 kmph.
- The maximum speed of China’s bullet trains increased to 350 kmph when the Fuxing (Rejuvenation) bullet trains started operation between Beijing and Shanghai on September 21, 2017.
- China started to run its first 350-kmph high-speed train between Beijing and Tianjin in August 2008.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 28 updates by reading the news.
Google integrates its mobile payment app with SBI.
- Global search engine giant Google today integrated its mobile payment app, Tez with the nation’s largest lender State Bank.
- Under which its customers can create an SBI UPI Id–@oksbi and get access to exclusive SBI offers.
- SBI and Google’s will work towards a wider adoption of digital payments and focus on building unique propositions.
Airtel, Google to launch Android Go phones in India.
- Bharti Airtel on Tuesday announced a partnership with Google to launch low-cost Android Oreo (Go edition) smartphones in India.
- Airtel will be launching these products under its ‘Mera Pehla Smartphone’ programme where it subsidises the price of 4G VoLTE handsets.
- Google had, in December last year, unveiled the Android Oreo Go edition for smartphones with 1GB RAM or less.
Reliance Jio ties up with Cisco to deploy multi-access edge computing.
- Networking giant Cisco and Reliance Jio on Tuesday announced a partnership to utilise multi-access edge computing.
- The two companies will work together on optimising and enhancing video experience over the network by developing a mobile content delivery network.
- The companies demonstrated the concept at the Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona, Spain.
Check out the latest agreements news by reading Current Affairs Feb 28 updates.
Cipla partners with Roche India to sell key drugs.
- Cipla and Roche India jointly announced that they have entered into an agreement.
- Under which Cipla will promote and distribute key medicines – tocilizumab (Actemra) and Syndyma, the second brand of Roche’s cancer therapy.
Trump reaches deal $3.9 billion deal with Boeing on Air Force One planes.
- US President Donald Trump has reached an agreement with the Boeing Co to provide two Air Force One planes for $3.9 billion, the White House.
- President Trump has reached an informal deal with Boeing on a fixed-price contract for the new Air Force One Program.
- He said the contract will save taxpayers more than $1.4 billion, but those savings could not be independently confirmed.
PNB appoints A K Pradhan as Group Chief Risk Officer.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) on Tuesday appointed its general manager A K Pradhan as the Group Chief Risk Officer.
- The exchange is hereby informed that A K Pradhan, General Manager, has been appointed as Group Chief Risk Officer.
- The state-owned lender, however, did not disclose the functions and responsibilities of the Group Chief Risk Officer.
Resignations and Retirements News
Karnataka’s Sreenath Aravind retires from first-class cricket.
- Karnataka left-arm seamer Sreenath Aravind announced his retirement from first-class cricket.
- In his 10 year career, he played 56 first-class games taking 186 wickets including two five-fors.
- Often on slow tracks, he would bowl his slow left-arm spinners. He also had 103 T20 wickets from 84 games.
Current Affairs Feb 28 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
R Ashwin named India A captain in Deodhar Trophy.
- Senior off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin is named him captain of the India ‘A’ team for the Deodhar Trophy.
- Shreyas Iyer is the captain of India ‘B’ team while the third team in the tournament are Vijay Hazare Champions Karnataka led by Karun Nair.
- Among the victorious U-19 World Cup team, Shubman Gill and Prithvi Shaw have been included in the India A side.
Roger Federer becomes the most decorated Laureus award winner.
- Tennis legend Roger Federer became the most decorated winner in the history of Laureus World Sports Awards.
- He won twin honours, his sixth, which includes the Sportsman and Comeback titles at the 18th edition of the prestigious awards ceremony.
- Federer waved off tough competition from the likes of Rafael Nadal and Cristiano Ronaldo to bag the honours.
- Serena, who gave birth to her first child last year, is now the most decorated female Laureus Award winner with five Laureus statuettes.
Karnataka beat Saurashtra to win Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- Karnataka beat Saurashtra by 41 runs in Vijay Hazare Trophy final.
- This is Karnataka’s first domestic trophy of the season after having lost out on the Ranji Trophy and Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- Off-spinner Makvana bagged four wickets for 34 but India’s T20 player Unadkat went wicketless.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 28:
|Current Affairs | 27-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 26-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 28 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 28.