Daily Current Affairs Feb 5
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 5
India to begin talks to acquire Israeli anti-tank missiles.
- The Narendra Modi government will begin talks to buy Israeli anti-tank guided missile Spike, with a meeting between Israel’s visiting defence secretary Major General (retired) Udi Adam.
- The defence ministry will negotiate to buy at least 3,000 Spike missiles manufactured by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems through a government-to-government (G2G) route.
- This will meet the army’s urgent requirements and fill the gap before the indigenous Nag anti-tank missile system is inducted.
Indian, US air forces to expand cooperation to combat challenges in Indo-Pacific.
- The Indian and the US air forces will significantly step up operational cooperation to complement the strategic interests of the two countries in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Chief of US Air Force General David L Goldfein has said, he is concern over China’s rising military influence over the area.
- Goldfein, who held extensive talks with Air Chief Marshal B S Dhanoa and the top brass of the defence set-up during his three-day India visit that ended yesterday.
TDP says its ties with BJP intact, for now.
- Although miffed with the Union Budget, TDP will continue to be part of NDA, for now.
- This was decided after Union home minister Rajnath Singh called up Andhra CM N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday and urged him not to take any hasty decision.
- Chandrababu Naidu has denied calling up Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray to discuss BJP’s neglect of its NDA allies.
Railways to launch whistleblower staff website.
- The 13 lakh Indian Railways employees will soon get a platform, in the form of a website for “whistleblowers”, to directly inform top officials, including the Railway Board Chairman.
- With safety being a priority area for the national transporter, officials said the new anonymous reporting system would turn every employee into the eyes and ears of the administration.
- The website will be directly monitored by the Railway Ministry’s safety department, headed by Railway Board Chairman Ashwani Lohani.
Siddaramaiah asks PM to resolve Mahadayi row.
- Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s public rally, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah asked him to “find time” to resolve the inter-state Mahadayi River water row with neighbouring Goa.
- Claiming that Karnataka is the number one state in investment and innovation, and highlighting Bengaluru as a startup and innovation hub.
- Karnataka has for long been demanding Prime Ministers in resolving the interstate Mahadayi river water sharing dispute between Goa.
Sushma Swaraj to visit Saudi Arabia from Tuesday.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will visit Saudi Arabia from February 6-8 during which she will inaugurate a prestigious festival of the Gulf nation.
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said Ms Swaraj will inaugurate the Janadriyah festival on February 7.
- Saudi Arabia is home to more than 3 million Indian people and ties between the two countries are on an upswing in the last few years.
- Saudi Arabia is India’s fourth largest trade partner after China, the US and the UAE.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 5 Updates from around the globe.
Australian govt will not finance Adani group’s rail link project.
- The Australian government said it would not finance Adani group’s rail-link project that supports the Indian energy giant’s 16.5 billion dollars Carmichael coal mine.
- Adani has sought a 900 million dollar concessional loan for rail to link the Carmichael mine to port.
- The announcement by minister Karen Andrews could spell the end of the project entirely if it can’t secure private finance.
Pressure grows on South African President Zuma to step down.
- South African President Jacob Zuma is under growing pressure to step down following talks with senior members of his ANC party.
- Zuma, who faces corruption allegations, was replaced as ANC leader by Cyril Ramaphosa in December.
- Analysts say party chiefs want to avoid a power struggle that could split the ANC before elections next year.
- They are expected to begin the process to remove President Zuma through a formal recall or by introducing a motion in parliament.
China to make the more polluted land safe for agriculture by 2020.
- China will try to make around 90 percent of its contaminated farmland safe for crops by the end of 2020.
- Environment Minister Li Ganjie said China would conduct a detailed investigation into soil pollution and launch pilot zones that would be used to test soil pollution prevention and treatment technologies.
- A 2013 survey showed about 3.33 million hectares of China’s farmland an area the size of Belgium was deemed too polluted to grow crops.
Sri Lanka eyeing longer talks with China on a free trade agreement.
- Sri Lanka wants a longer-time period to negotiate a free trade agreement with China as it is concerned about the economic impact of a rushed deal on their small country.
- There has been rising concern in the South Asian nation about Chinese investment, a key part of Beijing’s Belt and Road initiative to create a modern-day Silk Road across Asia.
- It was the first time opposition to Chinese investments in Sri Lanka had turned violent.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 5 updates by reading the news.
Tata Group to begin 17 cancer care centres across Assam from 2019.
- Tata Sons chairman Natarajan Chandrasekaran said that the Tata Group will join hands with Assam government to roll out an elaborate cancer care programme across 15 districts of the state from next year.
- The group will sign a Memorandum of Understanding during the ongoing ‘Advantage Assam’ summit with the state government.
- Chandrasekaran said the healthcare initiative will be across 15 districts of the state. However, he did not elaborate further.
Indian Oil to invest Rs 3,400 crore in Assam to expand operations.
- Indian Oil Corporation will invest Rs 3,400 crore in Assam over the next five years.
- They want to expand its operations by setting up new units as well as upgrading existing ones.
- The company will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Assam government.
- The MoU will take place at the two-day ‘Advantage Assam – Global Investors Summit 2018’.
Current Affairs Feb 5 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Gonzalo Higuain hits the hat-trick as Juventus score seven vs Sassuolo in Serie A.
- Gonzalo Higuain hit a rapid hat-trick and Sami Khedira two in three minutes as champions Juventus piled the pressure on Napoli in the Serie A title chase with a 7-0 win over Sassuolo.
- Argentine ace Higuain dominated the second half with a hat-trick to bring his league tally to 13.
- Juventus went top of the table two points ahead of Napoli who play at the bottom side.
Shi Yuqi glad to clinch India Open badminton men’s title after barren 2017.
- Shi Yuqi, the current world number eight, defeated Taiwan’s Chou Tien Chen in the Indian Open badminton tournament.
- Mathias and Christina had combined at the Denmark Open for the first time and finished runners-up at China Open Super Series Premier.
- Third-seeded Indonesian pair of Greysia Polii and Apriyani Rahayu, who are ranked world no 7, defeated second-seeded Thailand combo of Jongkolphan Kititharakul and Rawinda Prajongjai.
Sindhu settles for silver, loses to Zhang in final.
- Defending champion PV Sindhu failed to retain the title as she went down fighting against world No. 11 Beiwen Zhang of USA in the summit clash of India Open Super 500.
- Sindhu lost the final in three games 18-21, 21-11, 20-22 in one hour and nine minutes. It is the first major title for the fifth seed American.
- It is the first major title for the fifth seed American Zhang.
Obituary Updates of Current Affairs Feb 5
BJP Kairana MP Hukum Singh passes away.
- BJP Kairana MP Hukum Singh, who had started his political career with the Congress in 1974, died at a Noida hospital.
- Before joining politics, he was an ex-army captain, who had served in the India-Pakistan war.
- Before being elected MP from Kairana in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Singh had been a seven-term MLA from west UP.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 5:
|Current Affairs | 04-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 03-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 5 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 5.