Daily Current Affairs Feb 9
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 9
Maharashtra to appoint 30 PROs to act as ‘link’ between state and media.
- The Maharastra state government has decided to appoint 30 public relations officers for its ministers’ offices.
- As per the government resolution (GR) issued by the general administrative department (GAD), the public relation officers for 30 departments will serve as a “link” between minister’s office.
- The state is going to spend Rs90 lakh per year on the PROs.
- They will be paid a monthly honorarium of Rs 25,000 and will be in office for a “two-year period or till the Cabinet is dissolved”.
The number of RTE seats increase in Thane, Navi Mumbai.
- A noticeable rise in the number of seats has taken place this year in Thane and Navi Mumbai.
- From last year’s 613 schools under Thane Zilla Parishad that had 16,456 seats; it has increased to 640 schools with 16,526 seats this year.
- Schools in Thane had 3,953 seats last year, but owing to glitches, we could manage to fill only 1,014 seats.
- The state had sent letters to schools, warning them that their school registrations will be cancelled if they fail to participate in the RTE admission process.
Bengaluru-Vidyanagar flight expected to boost industry, tourism.
- People of Ballari district is getting a direct flight service from Vidyanagar(Ballari) to Bengaluru will start on March 1.
- The direct flight is expected to boost the growth of industries and tourism in the district.
- A Hyderabad-based private operator is starting the service under UDAN scheme which offers affordable air tickets to flyers.
- The flight will depart Vidyanagar Airport at 2.10pm and arrive at Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru at 3.10pm.
- It will depart from Bengaluru at 3.35pm and arrive in Vidyanagar at 4.35pm.
Rahul Gandhi to launch Karnataka campaign with the visit to Sufi shrine.
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi will kick off his Karnataka election campaign on February 13 by visiting a popular Sufi shrine in Kalaburagi.
- Gandhi had not visited a single Muslim shrine during his three-month campaign in Gujarat.
- Gandhi’s visit to the shrine of Khwaja Bande Nawaz, a 13th-century Sufi saint, will be part of his tour of the Hyderabad-Karnataka region between February 10 and 13.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 9 Updates from around the globe.
China deploys Sukhoi-35 fighter jets in the South China Sea to counter US patrols.
- China has deployed the newly- acquired Russian made Su-35 fighter jets in its combat mission over the disputed South China Sea.
- The Chinese air force recently sent its Su-35 fighter jets to take part in a joint combat patrol over the South China Sea, the Chinese air force.
- The US military periodically sends warships and air force jets to assert freedom of flights and navigation over the South China Sea as China claims most of it.
- Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan have counterclaims over the area.
Indian Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat to visit Nepal.
- Indian Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat will make a four-day visit to Nepal next week when he will participate in the Nepal Army Day celebrations in Kathmandu.
- He will be among the chief guests at the Nepal Army Day parade at Tundhikhel in the heart of Kathmandu on February 12.
- Apart from meeting his counterpart, Rawat will call on President Bhandari, Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba and defence minister Bhimshen Das Pradhan.
- An Indian Army band that will participate in the Nepal Army Day parade has already arrived in Kathmandu.
Former Bangladesh PM Khaleda Zia gets five years in jail for corruption.
- A Bangladesh judge convicted opposition leader Khaleda Zia of corruption and sentenced her to five years in jail.
- The court found the guilty of embezzling money meant for an orphanage, a charge she had consistently dismissed as politically motivated.
- Zia, the leader of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), is expected to appeal against the verdict.
- But it may affect her ability to stand in a general election slated for December.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 9 updates by reading the news.
BSNL starts 4G services in India from Kerala.
- State Owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) rolled out its 4G mobile services in India from the southern state of Kerala.
- Initially, the 4G service will be available at five locations in the high range Idukki district.
- The service was commissioned by making the first call to BSNL Chairman and Managing Director Anupam Srivastava.
- He said the 4G service will offer higher data speeds leading to a better user experience.
Reliance Jio will broadcast PyeongChang Winter Olympics 2018 in India.
- Reliance Jio’s live television app Jio TV today said it has bagged digital rights to broadcast the Winter Olympic Games PyeongChang 2018 across India.
- JioTV will work with IOC (International Olympic Committee) to provide comprehensive coverage of the Games in India.
- The Olympic Winter Games is scheduled to be held from February 9 to 25 in Pyeongchang County, South Korea.
- The Winter Games will feature 102 events across 15 sports, including Skiing, Skating, Luge, Ski Jumping, Ice Hockey, Snow Boarding, among others.
Google fined Rs 136 crore in India for ‘search bias’.
- Search engine major Google has imposed a fine of Rs 136 crore by the Competition Commission of India for unfair business practices in the Indian market.
- Matrimony.com and Consumer Unity & Trust Society (CUTS) in 2012, said the penalty is being imposed on Google for infringing anti-trust conduct.
- Google was found to be indulging in practices of search bias and by doing so, it causes harm to its competitors as well as to users.
Current Affairs Feb 9 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Haryana crowned champions of Khelo India School Games with 38 gold medals.
- Haryana topped the overall medal tally after claiming 38 gold medals in the inaugural edition of the Khelo India School Games that concluded in New Delhi.
- Overall, Haryana won 102 medals, with 26 silver and 38 bronze. Maharashtra (110) finished second overall while Delhi (94) came third.
- On the final day, Haryana pugilists ruled the boxing ring, winning 10 of the 26 gold medals at stake.
- Maharashtra finished second overall with a tally of 110 medals, 36 of them gold.
India flag raised at PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics Village.
- A day before the beginning of the Winter Olympics, the Indian flag was raised at the Games Village at a formal team welcome ceremony.
- Luger Shiva Keshavan, Indian contingent’s chef-de-mission Harjinder Singh and the mayor of the Games Village were present during the brief ceremony.
- Cross-country skier Jagdish Singh is, however, yet to arrive at this resort town of South Korea and is expected to join the team today.
Links Related to Current Affairs Feb 9:
|Current Affairs | 08-Feb-2018||Current Affairs | 07-Feb-2018|
|Feb 2018 Current Affairs||Current Affairs PDF Jan 2018|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our Current Affairs Feb 9 and current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Feb 9.