Current Affairs February 2017: Aspirants we have collected the Valuable Information for all aspirants who are preparing for Competitive Examinations. Here we have mentioned the full February 2017 Current Affairs Explanation and Highlights. The Current Affairs of February 2017 helps candidates to crack the Government and Competitive Exam like IBPS, SBI, RRB Etc., Students can also get the Current Affairs Feb 2017 Pdf from This Page. We also Provided the Current Affairs February 2017 pdf download
February 2017 Current Affairs Highlights
[Current Affairs Today – Daily Updates]
Current affairs February 2017 – Date-wise Collections
|Date||Current Affairs News||Current Affairs Questions||Current Affairs Quiz|
(February 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of Feb 1st to 28th)
Detailed February 2017 Current Affairs
Former Union Minister and IUML Chief E Ahmed died in the Parliament while attending the speech given by the president.
- E Ahmed former Union Minister and IUML Chief Suddenly Collapsed during Presidents address in Parliment.
- He died due to severe cardiac arrest.
- He was elected to Kerala Legislative Assembly in 1967, 1977, 1980, 1982, 1987.
- From 1982 to 1987 he served as Cabinet Minister for Industries under the Kerala Government.
Survey of India will re measure Mt.Everest peak.
- The Survey of India will soon remeasure the height of Mount Everest to verify the doubts that have risen by Nepal.
- Mr Rao the Surveyor General of India said that they are sending an expedition to Mount Everest.
- The Survey of India today is taken as the correct height.
- Its height is 29,028 feet.
Rupak Kumar Dutta took charge as DGP of Karnataka.
- Rupak Kumar has taken charge as the Director General of Police of Karnataka.
- Dutta was in the race for this post along with other IPS Officer including Neelamani Raju.
More details about Rupak Kumar Dutta:
- Dutta served as ADGP of Karnataka Lokayukta Police.
- He is from 1981 IPS Batch from Karnataka Cadre.
- He served in Multiple positions in CBI.
Current Affairs Feb 2017 Download
UAE aims to Launch Its First Ever Mars Mission in 2020.
- The United Arab Emirates is planning to launch its first ever missions to Mars in 2020.
- As per report around 150 engineers and scientist will be working on this project.
- The project is financially supported by Shaikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- The project manager of this mission said that the mission has already been completed.
Current Affairs February 2017 News is that New Delhi will host the 19th Bharat Rang Mahotsav.
- The 19th Bharat Rang Mahotsav Festival of India commenced on 1 February 2017 in New Delhi.
- The 21-day festival will end on 21 February 2017.
- The 19th Bharat Rang Mahotsav will pay special attention to the different genres of Indian theatre.
- There will be performances from artists belonging to 12 foreign countries
- The festival will include countries like England, Russia, Israel, Turkey, Italy, Tajikistan, Romania, Afghanistan and others.
- Its establishment took place in 1999.
53rd SAARC programming committee meeting has taken place in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- A two-day meeting of SAARC Programming Committee has taken place in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal.
- This is the first senior level meeting of Association since postponement of 19th SAARC Summit in November 2016.
- The Programming Committee is the lowest level mechanism in SAARC.
- This meeting was originally scheduled ahead of the November 2016 Islamabad SAARC summit.
- The committee had a discussion on various administrative and financial issues related to SAARC Secretariat and its bodies in Kathmandu meeting.
- They also had a discussion with the issues relating to the budget of the SAARC Secretariat and five regional centres of SAARC.
(February 2017 Current Affairs – Current Affairs of Feb 1st to 28th)
Under the Indian Ocean Scientists/Researchers confirmed the existence of lost continent – Current Affairs February 2017
- Scientists made the confirmation of the existence of a continent that is now lost below the surface of the Earth.
- They named the new discovery continent as Mauritia after the name of Indian Islands of Mauritius, which is a fragment of the lost continent.
- Mauritia the ancient continent was between India and Madagascar.
- This continent has broken off from the island of Madagascar, when Africa, India, Australia and Antarctica split up to form the Indian Ocean.
Abdul Basit took establishment as Pakistan’s new Foreign Secretary on 4th Feb 2017.
- As per media reports in Islamabad, Pakistan High Commissioner to India, Abdul Basit is set to be the country’s new foreign secretary.
- Mr Basit, who have a major experience of bilateral and multilateral diplomacy is given an offer for this job three years back also but could not be appointed due to technical reasons.
- About Basit:
He served as Pakistan ambassador to Germany from May 2012 to March 2014.
During his career, he was on his work at Moscow, New York and London.
Slovakian Curators discovered World’s earliest emoji.
- National Archives in Trencin, Slovakia has found that Worlds Oldest emoji in a 382-year-old account book.
- This discovery makes it the world oldest known emoji.
- The new discovery beats the old one by 13 years.
Current Affairs 2017 February
Andhra Pradesh is the first state to launch Smart Police Station.
- CM of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu inaugurates the First smart police station in the state.
- In Andhra Pradesh the Model Police Station in builds like a corporate office building with plush interiors and green environment.
- At Nagarampalem the capital region Amaravathi is where the First Smart Police Station opened.
- The Model Police Station will work on the smart policing system that will make the police process much transparent.
Current Affairs February 2017 – Juno the spacecraft has completes the fourth flyby of Jupiter.
- NASA solar powered Juno spacecraft completed the closest flyby of Jupiter for the fourth time.
- All eight of Juno’s science instruments were switched on during the flyby.
- Juno took a launch in August 2011 to study Jupiter composition and evolution.
- It’s the first solar power spacecraft to orbit Jupiter and second after Galileo.
- The nameless spacecraft has successfully entered Jupiter’s orbit in July 2016 after a five-year journey and traversing distance of nearly 2 billion miles.
- The primary goals of the mission are to find out whether Jupiter has a solid core, how its atmosphere and magnetosphere has forms, and whether there is water in the gas cloud shrouding the planet.
Anish Kapoor is presented with a Genesis Prize of Israel award.
- Genesis Prize Foundation has given Anish Kapoor who is an outstanding British sculptor a champion of Syrian refugee rights is the 2017.
- Kapoor said he would use the $1 million award and the global platform provided by the Genesis Prize to help the refugee crisis.
Current Affairs of Feb 2017
Underwater Harbor Defense and Surveillance System launch took at Mumbai.
- Indian Navy has successfully launched an Integrated Underwater Harbour Defence and Surveillance System (IUHDSS) in Mumbai.
- Its launch was to enhance the security of valuable naval assets against asymmetric threats.
- Vice Admiral Girish Luthra, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, Western Naval CommandIt has made the inaugurated.
- It is the third IUHDSS to take an installation in India.
- Israeli Aerospace Industries ELTA has taken the IUHDSS design and development and sub-surface surveillance of the harbour.
- It is a state of the art system with advanced sensors, electro optic cameras and sound navigation and ranging systems (SONARs).
- Its sensors have been strategically made installation around Mumbai Harbour to provide comprehensive real-time situational awareness for monitoring and analysis.
- It is capable of detecting, tracking, identifying and generating the warning for all types of underwater and surface threats to harbour security.
Current Affairs February 2017 – Arunachal Pradesh becomes first North-East state to implement e-Cabinet Solution.
- Arunachal Pradesh is the first state in the Northeast to implement E Cabinet solution for the state cabinet members.
- It is a powerful governance tool that will be helpful to streamline its decision-making process.
- Using this system, state cabinet members can access the cabinet notes before the meeting.
- The e-Cabinet system is major implement by the state department of Information Technology and Communication.
- The entire business of the Cabinet can make using the e-Cabinet solution.
- It will help ministers prepare for cabinet meetings, conduct them and review minutes, entirely without paper.
Current Affairs From February 2017
scientists have identified evolutionary pathway recently from Pitcher plants.
- The Publication of the new study in the journal Nature Ecology and Evolution scientists made the evolutionary pathway that led some plants to turn carnivorous.
- The new finding explains why pitcher plants from different parts of the world appear strikingly similar despite having an evaluation independently.
- The study proves the origins of carnivory in several distantly which relates the pitcher plants from Australia, Asia and America, which appear strikingly similar to the human eye.
Norman Issac, the first Indian to be FIBA’s Technical Delegate – Current Affairs February 2017
- Basketball Federation (FIBA) promotes Norman Isaac the first Indian to be as the Technical Delegate.
- Sport’s worldwide governing body has made a confirmation about the promotion.
- Before Joining as a Technical Delegate he was working as FIBA Commissioner.
Barren Island volcano of India is active again.
- Barren Island in the Andaman and Nicobar has become active again as per the scientist’s information from National Institute of Oceanography.
- After lying dormant for 150 years, Barren Island volcano made an eruption in 1991 and since then it is showing sporadic activity.
- A small episode of five to 10 minutes is erupting from the volcano.
- The active Barren Island volcano is spewing smoke, ash and lava once again. as per the scientists report.
- It claims that volcanoes are erupting the rising magma which forms deep in the mantle due to the melting of the Indian Ocean crust.
- Scientists made a sample sediments and water and also made a correction of the coal like black pyroclastic material of volcanic ejecta.
- These samples will help in deciphering nature of present and past volcanic activity in the region. The volcanic island is part of Andaman islands.
Important Current affairs February 2017
UN’s WHO gave highest ratings for India’s vaccine regulatory body NRAI.
- India vaccine regulatory body NRAI has got the maximum ratings by the World HealOrganisation for vaccine regulations.
- The assessment has made in respect of 9 different functionalities by a WHO team comprising lead experts in different areas from WHO Headquarters Geneva, WHO India Country Office, experts from several countries.
- As per the above reports, NRAI gets the award for the function with a maturity level of 4 which is the highest level as per currently evolves definitions in respect of 5 functions, and maturity level 3 in respect of 4 functions.
As the latest Current Affairs, February 2017 India and Australia signed MoU Cooperation in civil aviation sector.
- A MoU between India and Australia for promotion and development of cooperation in civil aviation security got an approval from Union Cabinet.
- MoU will provide compliance of international obligation as well as enhance promotion in the area of security cooperation between two countries.
- It will provide an opportunity to Indian aviation security authorities to share the expertise of their Australian counterparts and enhance overall aviation security environment in India.
Uber CEO Travis Kalanick has quit Trump’s Economic Advisory Council
- Travis Kalanick quit President Donald Trump’s Economic Advisory Council.
- Travis Kalanick is Chief Executive Officer of the Uber Technologies Inc.
- He was on 290th position in most richest 400 Americans.