Current Affairs February 2018: Candidates we have collected the Valuable Information for all who are preparing for Competitive Examinations. Here we have mentioned the full February 2018 Current Affairs Explanation and Highlights. The Current Affairs of February 2018 helps candidates to crack the Government & Competitive Exam like IBPS, SBI, RRB Etc., Students can also get the February Current Affairs 2018 Pdf from This Page. We also Provided the Feb 2018 Current Affairs pdf download.
Current Affairs February 2018 – Date-wise Collections
February 2018 Daily Current Affairs
Latest Current Affairs Feb 2018
Union Budget 2018-19: Capital spending pegged at Rs 1.5 lakh crore for railways.
- The Railways may spend the highest ever plan size in Budget 2018-19 with sources pegging a figure close to Rs 1.5 lakh crore of capital expenditure.
- The Budget may give around Rs 55,000 crore to Railways as budgetary support same as last year.
- The rest the national transporter will source through a loan from the LIC and other avenues.
- Sources suggested that around Rs 49,000 crore the Railways plans to draw from the LIC money.
Arun Jaitley to present Modi govt’s last Budget in Parliament today – Current Affairs February 2018
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will present the Union Budget 2018 in Parliament today.
- Continuing with the trend from last year, the Railways Budget will be included in the General Budget.
- This is the last full Budget of the government led by PM Narendra Modi before the country goes to polls in 2019.
- It is also the first since the government affected major economic reforms, including the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and demonetisation.
PM Modi launches Khelo India School Games.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared the inaugural Khelo India School Games.
- He said the event will highlight the country’s sporting talent and its potential to the world.
- The ceremony showcased the rich ‘Guru-Shishya’ tradition of the country in grand style.
- Modi said the Games will highlight India’s young sporting talent and showcase India’s sports potential.
- Modi urged the youth to take up to sports activities as it is an important tool for the development of the nation.
Current Affairs February 2018
Arsenal sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in club record transfer.
- Arsenal has bolstered their attacking line-up by signing striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund on a long-term contract for a club-record fee.
- British media reported that the deal was around 56 million pounds eclipsing the 46.5 million pounds paid to French side Olympique Lyonnais.
- The 28-year-old is Gabon’s all-time top goalscorer with 23 goals from 56 matches and was named the African Footballer of the Year in 2015.
Union Budget 2018: A Big role for private players in providing health services.
- Healthcare was one of the key focus areas of Union Budget 2018 with finance minister Arun Jaitley announcing world’s largest government-funded healthcare programme.
- The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY), which was renamed the National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS) in 2016, already has an annual allocation for it in the budget.
- National Health Policy 2017 proposes “strategic purchasing” of services from secondary and tertiary hospitals for a fee.
- So that people can go to both public and private healthcare providers for treatment.
To counter China, a new tunnel to build at 13,700 feet in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The government plans to build a tunnel at an elevation of 13,700 feet in Tawang, a strategically located town in Arunachal Pradesh bordering China.
- The tunnel will go through the Sela Pass, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced while presenting the Union Budget.
- The proposal to build the Sela Pass comes amid concerns over Beijing’s growing assertiveness along the nearly 4,000 km-long China-India border.
- The Sela Pass is located between the Tawang and West Kameng districts of Arunachal Pradesh.
Current Affairs February 2018
India joins Ashgabat agreement.
- India has joined the Ashgabat agreement, which will be setting up of an international transport and transit corridor linking central Asia with the Persian Gulf.
- Turkmenistan, as depository State of Ashgabat Agreement, informed India that all the four founding members have consented to the accession of India.
- Besides Turkmenistan, the other founding members of the agreement are Iran, Oman and Uzbekistan and these countries had signed the pact on April 25, 2011.
Railways to spend over Rs 73,000 crore on safety.
- Railway minister Piyush Goyal said the Railways will focus on the use of technology to ensure safety on its network.
- It would spend over Rs 73,000 crore, or half the capital expenditure earmarked, on safety.
- This money will be spent on projects relating to signalling and telecommunication system and track renewal.
- The government is drastically scaling up investments by almost three times to Rs 1,46,500 crore in 2018-19.
- He added that the railways would get a support of Rs 55,000 crore from the finance ministry.
Bhutan opens a consulate in Guwahati, Assam.
- Bhutan opened a consulate general’s office in Assam’s capital Guwahati on Friday
- It is the second country to set up its consulate general in the Indian subcontinent after Bangladesh.
- The event coincided with the 50th anniversary of the Bhutan-India relationship.
- Bhutanese foreign minister Damcho Dorji and Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal opened the consulate in the presence of Bhutanese PM Tshering Tobgay.
- Dorji announced a Bhutan-Guwahati-Singapore flight service would be launched.
Current Affairs February 2018
Fidel Castro’s son Fidel Castro Diaz-Balart dies.
- The eldest son of late Cuban revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, Fidel Castro Diaz-Balart, committed suicide on Thursday.
- Castro Diaz-Balart, also known as “Fidelito”, or Little Fidel, was initially hospitalized for depression and then continued treatment as an outpatient.
- Castro Diaz-Balart, who had been attended by a group of doctors for several months due to a state of profound depression, committed suicide this morning,” Cubadebate website said.
- Fidelito was born in 1949 out of his father’s brief marriage to Mirta Diaz-Balart.
- Through his mother, he was the cousin of U.S. Representative Mario Diaz-Balart and former U.S. Congressman Lincoln Diaz-Balart.
Amazon.com posts a profit of nearly $2 billion, the largest in its history – Current Affairs February 2018
- Amazon.com reported a profit of nearly $2 billion, the largest in its history.
- The world’s largest online retailer’s net income more than doubled to $1.86 billion, or $3.75 per share in the fourth quarter ended December 31.
- Net sales increased 38 percent to $60.5 billion, compared with $43.7 billion in the year-ago period.
- However, international business witnessed a loss of about $3 billion, largely due to spends in India.
- The company, which is competing with home-grown Flipkart, is burning cash to offer discounts for capturing the growing Indian market.
- Amazon reported about $3.06 billion losses from international operations for the year ended 2017, against a loss of $1.2 billion last year.
I&B Ministry to broadcast DD news in 100 countries.
- Information and Broadcasting ministry is planning the expansion of Doordarshan’s news broadcast to around 100 countries.
- Currently, DD India primarily produces cultural and general entertainment programmes for broadcast in overseas.
- It also produces news and current affairs programmes for broadcast in countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, China and the United Arab Emirates.
- The decision to broadcast will depend on the cost of engaging a local cable for carrying the Indian channel as well as stationing correspondents in that particular country.
- The initiative would put India in the league of countries like the UK and China whose public broadcasters reach a number of countries.
Daily Current Affairs – Current Affairs February 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Global Investors’ Summit in Guwahati.
- PM Modi inaugurated the two-day ‘Global Investors’ Summit’ in Guwahati.
- Union Budget had allocated Rs 1,014.09 crore for air connectivity and aviation infrastructure in the region.
- The PM announced from Imphal to Guwahati, Kolkata to Patna, eastern India should emerge as the new energy centre of the country.
- The PM said that the tag-line of the investors’ summit — ‘Advantage Assam: India’s Expressway to ASEAN’ – was not just a statement but a holistic vision that coincides with India celebrating 25 years of partnership with ASEAN.
- With the Assam government’s new IT policy, new tourism policy and new sports policy, Guwahati must be developed as India’s business hub for ASEAN.
Kairana’s BJP MP Hukum Singh dies – Current Affairs February 2018
- BJP MP from Kairana, Hukum Singh, died at J P Hospital in Noida on Saturday.
- Singh, who was suffering from breathing problems was admitted to the hospital for nearly a month, was 79 years old.
- He was a seven-time MLA from UP and state minister under both BJP and Congress governments.
- He is survived by his five daughters.
- Singh had started his political career with the Congress in 1974, winning his first election from Kairana.
- A two-time MLA from Congress and one-term Janata Party (Secular) legislator, he joined BJP in 1995.
- As the BJP candidate, he won from Kairana in 1996, 2002, 2007 and 2012. While he lost the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, he won in 2014.
February Current Affairs
Govt floats tender for 2,000 MW wind power projects.
- The government has invited tenders for 2,000 MW of wind power projects connected to the inter-state transmission system.
- The Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) would sign 25-year power purchase agreements (PPAs) with the winning bidders and sell the power to electricity distribution utilities.
- A company can bid for a minimum capacity of 50 MW and a maximum capacity of 300 MW.
SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy successfully takes off, launches Elon Musk’s roadster in space – Current Affairs February 2018
- The world’s most powerful rocket, SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy, roared into space through clear blue skies in its debut test flight on Tuesday from a Florida.
- The 23-story-tall jumbo rocket, carrying a cherry red Tesla Roadster from the assembly line of Musk’s electric car company.
- At least 2,000 spectators cheered the blastoff from a campground near Cocoa Beach, 8 km from the space centre.
- Within three minutes, the Falcon Heavy’s two side boosters separated from the central rocket in one of the most critical points of the flight.
Viswanathan Anand to make Pro Chess League debut.
- Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand will be making his debut in the second edition of the Pro Chess League.
- The league comprises eight teams each bunched into four Divisions Eastern, Central, Atlantic and Pacific.
- Each team fields four players in a match and each member has to play against all the four members of the opposing team.
Current Affairs February 2018
Maharashtra to appoint 30 PROs to act as ‘link’ between state and media.
- The Maharastra state government has decided to appoint 30 public relations officers for its ministers’ offices.
- As per the government resolution (GR) issued by the general administrative department (GAD), the public relation officers for 30 departments will serve as a “link” between minister’s office.
- The state is going to spend Rs90 lakh per year on the PROs.
- They will be paid a monthly honorarium of Rs 25,000 and will be in office for a “two-year period or till the Cabinet is dissolved”.
Indian Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat to visit Nepal – Current Affairs February 2018
- Indian Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat will make a four-day visit to Nepal next week when he will participate in the Nepal Army Day celebrations in Kathmandu.
- He will be among the chief guests at the Nepal Army Day parade at Tundhikhel in the heart of Kathmandu on February 12.
- Apart from meeting his counterpart, Rawat will call on President Bhandari, Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba and defence minister Bhimshen Das Pradhan.
- An Indian Army band that will participate in the Nepal Army Day parade has already arrived in Kathmandu.
Google fined Rs 136 crore in India for ‘search bias’.
- Search engine major Google has imposed a fine of Rs 136 crore by the Competition Commission of India for unfair business practices in the Indian market.
- Matrimony.com and Consumer Unity & Trust Society (CUTS) in 2012, said the penalty is being imposed on Google for infringing anti-trust conduct.
- Google is found to be indulging in practices of search bias and by doing so, it causes harm to its competitors as well as to users.
February 2018 Current Affairs
Modi to launch DD Arun Prabha on Feb 15.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch DD Arun Prabha, a new 24×7 satellite television channel of Doordarshan for the north-eastern region.
- He will launch it during his day-long visit to the state on February 15.
- The Prime Minister is also scheduled to inaugurate the state Civil Secretariat complex here, officials at the chief minister office said.
- DD Arun Prabha will showcase programmes on the diverse culture of the northeastern states. This will be Doordarshan’s second channel for the north-eastern region.
First Pakistani woman from Hindu minority to become a lawmaker – Current Affairs February 2018
- The first woman from Pakistan’s tiny minority Hindu community is poised to become a lawmaker next month.
- She will be the first woman after the country’s opposition party nominated her for the upcoming Senate elections.
- Kumari will be the first female Hindu lawmaker in Pakistan since 1947 when Pakistan gained independence from Britain.
- Pakistani parties usually nominate wealthy or influential people for the Senate.
Atletico Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano chosen as Copa del Rey final venue.
- Atletico Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano stadium is the venue for this season’s King’s Cup final between Barcelona and Sevilla.
- The game, which will take place on April 21, will be the first final to take place at the 68,000-capacity arena.
- The opening of the stadium took place in September last year and will also host the 2019 Champions League final.
Current Affairs February 2018
BJP wins Gujarat civic polls, gets 27 of 28 seats in PM Modi’s town.
- BJP has retained the same number of seats – 47 out of 75 – in Gujarat municipal polls as it had won five years back in 2013.
- Congress has improved its tally from eight municipalities to 16.
- State election commissioner Varesh Sinha said, “Out of 75 municipalities, BJP has won 47, Congress 16, NCP one and BSP one.
- Of total 2,060 municipal councillor seats, BJP won 1,167, Congress 630, BSP 15, NCP 28, and other parties won 18.
Mizoram budget to be presented on March 15.
- The Mizoram Annual Budget for 2018-19 will be presented in the Legislative Assembly on March 15.
- Secretary of the state Assembly SR Zokhuma said the Assembly Session would commence from March 13 and continue till March 29.
- Mizoram Governor Lt General Nirbhay Sharm would deliver his customary gubernatorial address in the Assembly on the first day of the session.
MS Dhoni breaks the T20 world record.
- Dhoni created a new wicketkeeping record of having taken 134 catches in 275 T20s.
- The previous record was held by Sri Lanka great Kumar Sangakkara who has 133 catches in 254 T20s.
- With 77 dismissals, Dhoni also holds the record for most dismissals in T20Is 48 catches and 29 stumpings
February 2018 Current Affairs Updates
GoM proposes April 1 date for e-way bill rollout.
- The group of ministers recommended the mandatory use of e-way bills to track the interstate movement of goods from April 1.
- Bihar deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi, who heads the GoM, said the panel has suggested that intra-state movement should be included in the new electronic tracking system.
- GST Council, headed by finance minister Arun Jaitley, will finalise the details next month.
Isro’s new communication satellites to usher in the high-speed internet era.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is planning to usher in an age of high-speed internet connectivity in the country.
- Isro chairman Dr K Sivan said we will launch Gsat-11 in April or May.
- Around the same time in May, Isro will launch Gsat-29 through our GSLV Mk III rocket from Sriharikota.
Reliance inks MoUs with Andhra Pradesh government for Rs 52,000-crore investment.
- Reliance Industries Limited on Sunday inked two agreements with the state government promising a total investment of Rs 52,000 crore in oil and gas and electronics sectors.
- The Reliance will invest about 6 billion USD about Rs (37,000 crores) in an oil and gas venture in AP.
Current Affairs Feb 2018
Candidates read the latest updates of Current Affairs February 2018 from the above article. Make use of the February Current Affairs 2018 which will help you to gain more General Knowledge. In Current Affairs 2018 February we are providing with important National International and other News happening around the world. February Current Affairs 2018 will contain all the information that you are looking for. Reading the Current Affairs 2018 February will be helpful in getting more marks in all competitive exams.