Current Affairs Jan 1 2018
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 1.
Haryana Government launches ‘Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojana’ for vegetable growers.
- The Haryana government has launched ‘Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojana’ assuring farmers of fair prices for their produce and emphasising on diversification of crops.
- A separate fund will be constituted by the state government for this scheme.
- The state government would compensate the difference in price when prices in the market will go below the mentioned prices.
- The farmers should get themselves registered on Bhavantar Bharpayee website or in the office of Haryana State Agricultural Marketing Board.
Assam Gets Rs 1,250 Cr Central Fund for Inland Water Transport.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari announced that Rs. 1,250 crores have been sanctioned for overall development of inland water transport of Assam.
- The State water resources department to involve a foreign consultant, if required, for preparing the Detailed Project Report (DPR) within three months.
- Infrastructural development will also be brought about at the terminals at Bogibeel, Nematighat, Kamalabari, Silghat, Jogighopa, Silchar, Dhubri and Pandu.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Jan 1 updates which are trending in the country.
Canal-top solar plant to be commissioned in Kochi Airport.
- In August 2015, the Cochin International Airport Ltd, commissioned its 12 MW solar power plant, becoming the world’s first airport to meet all of its electricity requirements from solar.
- In November, 4.5 MW of the canal-top project was commissioned and the rest will be commissioned any time now, according to P Jose Thomas, General Manager, CIAL.
- The project is one of the larger canal-top projects in the country built for CIAL by Bosch Energy and Building Solutions, a part of Bosch India, for 6.25 crore an MW.
Arunachal Pradesh Declared Open Defecation Free.
- Arunachal Pradesh has been declared open defecation free ahead of the national deadline of October 2, 2019.
- The milestone was achieved after the state announced an incentive of Rs 8,000 in addition to the Rs 12,000-grant provided by the Centre for building toilets.
- Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, and Haryana were declared open defecation free states in October 2017
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 1 Updates from around the globe.
Israel Withdraws from UNESCO.
- Israel has filed notice to withdraw from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) alongside the United States.
- Israel has blasted UNESCO in recent years over the organisation’s criticism of Israel’s occupation of East Jerusalem and its decision to grant full membership to Palestine in 2011.
- Israel was the member of UNESCO since 1949. Both Israel and the US have filed its own withdrawal notice in October 2017.
Nepal bans Solo Climbing on Mount Everest.
- Nepal has banned solo climbers from scaling its mountains, including Mount Everest, in a bid to reduce accidents.
- The new safety regulations also prohibit double amputee and blind climbers from attempting to reach the summit of the world’s highest peak without a valid medical certificate.
- World-renowned Swiss climber Ueli Steck, who is known as the Swiss Machine, also died during a solo climb to a peak neighbouring Everest.
- Avtar Singh Cheema was the first Indian to climb Mount Everest successfully.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 1 updates by reading the news.
IDBI Bank Gets Rs. 2,729 Crore from Government.
- Public sector IDBI Bank has received the capital infusion of Rs 2,729 crore from the government of India.
- The government had unveiled a Rs 2.11 lakh crore two-year roadmap for strengthening NPA-hit public sector banks earlier in Oct2017.
- The help includes re-capitalisation bonds, budgetary support, and equity dilution. The stock of the bank closed 0.83% down at Rs 59.85 on the BSE.
Soil Health Cards help save urea usage 10%.
- Around 10 crore soil health cards have issued till now, to save the use of urea by 8-10 percent as said by Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh.
- This also led to increases in productivity of cultivable land, he said while addressing 117th Annual General Meeting of Bharat Chamber of Commerce.
Appointment news with complete details on Jan 1 Current Affairs
NC Goel appointed as new Chief Secretary of Rajasthan.
- Senior IAS officer N C Goel was appointed the new Chief Secretary of Rajasthan.
- Goel, a 1982-batch IAS officer, earlier held the charge of Additional Chief Secretary of Forest and Environment, Tourism, Art and Culture Department, Mines and Petroleum departments.
Vinay Sahasrabuddhe Named ICCR Chief.
- National vice-president of the BJP, Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, who is also the member of Rajya Sabha takes the appointment as the President of Indian Council of Cultural Relations.
- He will replace Lokesh Chandra, who had appointed by the NDA government in October 2014 and has completed his three-year term.
Current Affairs Jan 1 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Indian golfer Shiv Kapur wins Royal Cup at Pattay.
- Indian golfer Shiv Kapur won the Royal Cup at Pattaya, which is his third Asian Tour title of 2017.
- Kapur first won on Asian Tour in his debut season in December 2005.
- Kapur, the only multiple winner on Asian Tour this year, is also the only Indian to have won three times on Asian Tour.
- Now he has won three times in eight months.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 1:
|Current Affairs | 31-Dec-2017||Current Affairs | 30-Dec-2017|
|Current Affairs December 2017||Current Affairs PDF Nov 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.