Current Affairs Jan 10 2018
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 10.
Supreme Court makes national anthem optional in theaters.
- The Supreme Court made it optional for cinema halls to play the national anthem before screening a film.
- On November 30, 2016, a bench of Justices Dipak Misra and Amitava Roy had passed an interim order that made all cinema halls in India play the national anthem before the film starts.
- After a change of attorney general, with K K Venugopal succeeding Mukul Rohatgi , which filed an affidavit requesting the court to make playing of the national anthem optional in cinema halls.
- Venugopal requested a bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices A M Khanwilkar and D Y Chandrachud to modify the 2016 order by replacing “shall” with “may”.
India’s first all-women railway station enters Limca book of records.
- The first all-women station in India, Matunga on Central Railway (CR) has entered the Limca Book of Records.
- The railway station is handled by 41 women staff.
- This initiative was taken by Central Railway General Manager D.K. Sharma in July 2017 with the aim of empowering women.
- Accordingly, women staffers were posted across all departments, like 17 ladies for operations and commercial, 6 for Railway Protection Force, 8 for ticket checking, 2 announcers and 2 conservancy staffers, and 5 point persons.
- A total of 41 staff are under the charge of Station Manager Mamta Kulkarni.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 10 Updates from around the globe.
Maldives foreign minister on a three-day visit to India.
- Mohamed Asim, Maldives Foreign minister arrived in India for a three-day visit.
- Asim will meet his Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj and Prime Minister Narendra Modi before he leaves on Friday.
- The minister is visiting India is to improve bilateral ties that suffered a setback when the Island nation signed a free trade pact with China last year.
- The visit comes after Maldives’ president Abdulla Yameen assured that a free trade agreement would be signed with India first.
First security dialogue between India and Indonesia was held in New Delhi.
- India and Indonesia held their first security dialogue on operational cooperation in security and counter-terrorism.
- It was led by National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and Indonesia’s Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs H Wiranto.
- The Indonesian foreign ministry had said the two countries will discuss cyber security, counter-terrorism efforts and transnational organised crime.
- Indonesia and India agreed to strengthen strategic partnerships across various key areas, including defence, security, economy and maritime at the 5th Indonesia-India joint commission meeting in Jakarta.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 10 updates by reading the news.
Khadi to enter shopping malls.
- Khadi ties-up with retailer Globus to launch Khadi Korner, a shop-in-shop concept, at an outlet in Noida.
- It will move to Chennai, Varanasi and Ahmedabad later this month.
- Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) will launch similar outlet in Mumbai in a tie-up with Cotton Bazaar.
- Discussions are underway with Shoppers Stop and Big Bazaar.
- A revenue-share arrangement with retailers has been made, which could range between 10% and 20% of the sales.
ICICI Bank and Ola partners to offer integrated services.
- Ola has partnered with ICICI Bank to offer a range of integrated services to customers and driver-partners.
- Customers of ICICI Bank will be able to book Ola rides and pay the fare through the bank’s mobile banking platforms — ‘iMobile’ and ‘Pockets’.
- Besides, the bank’s customers will have access to “instant small ticket digital credit” that will be determined on the basis of a real-time credit assessment algorithm of ICICI Bank.
- ICICI Bank will also offer a ‘Pay Direct’ card for Ola’s driver partners.
- Anup Bagchi, Executive Director at ICICI Bank, said these features will help Ola driver partners to manage their finances.
- It will also enable Ola customers to get easy access to instant credit in a simple and secure manner.
Morgan Stanley to invest in Indian stent manufacturer SMT.
- Indian stent manufacturer SMT is raising Rs 230 crore in a funding exercise led by Morgan Stanley, along with existing investor Samara Capital.
- Bhargav Kotadia MD of Sahajanand Medical Technologies (SMT) said that plans to utilise the funds for acquisitions in Europe, R&D and manufacturing expansion.
- Morgan Stanley is investing Rs 160 crore, with the balance by Samara. Both Morgan Stanley and Samara together will hold a minority stake in the privately-held company.
- The company’s board will also be restructured with two representatives each from Morgan Stanley and Samara Capital, and five from the promoters’ side.
- Samara Capital had earlier bought a minority stake in SMT by investing Rs 80 crore in 2016.
- SMT operates a WHO-GMP-certified manufacturing plant with an annual capacity of 2.5 lakh units at Surat (Gujarat), and two R&D centres located in Surat and Dublin.
- SMT exports about 30-35% of its portfolio of life-saving devices to UK, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, and over 60 other countries.
Appointment and Resignations Updates
Appointment news with complete details on Jan 10 Current Affairs
Executive chairman of Breitbart News, Steve Bannon Steps down.
- Steve Bannon has stepped down as executive chairman of Breitbart News.
- The former White House chief strategist drew fire from US President Donald Trump for harshly criticizing his eldest son.
- Bannon was quoted in a new book about the Trump White House as calling Donald Trump Jr. “treasonous” and “unpatriotic”.
- Bannon has also lost his talk show on SiriusXM radio.
- The book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” characterizes Trump as mentally unstable, inept and unprepared for the presidency.
Ashish Dikshit was appointed as the managing director of Aditya Birla Fashion.
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd (ABFRL) appointed Ashish Dikshit as the managing director, replacing Pranab Barua.
- Ashish Dikshit will take charge with effect from Feb 1.
- Dikshit, is currently the business head of the of Madura Fashion and Lifestyle division, he will take up the new position for a period of five years.
- Barua will be retained in the company as an additional director of the board.
- Chief Financial Officer S Visvanathan has also resigned from the company and will step down effective Feb 28.
- He will be replaced by Jagdish Bajaj as the new CFO, effective April.
Current Affairs Jan 10 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Ahmedabad Smash Masters enter semi finals of Pro Badminton League.
- HS Prannoy and Tai Tzu Ying led Ahmedabad Smash Masters to a 5-0 win over Mumbai Rockets at Nehru Indoor Stadium.
- In the process, they entered the semi-finals with 17 points.
- Mumbai Rockets, on the other hand, are out of contention for a top-four berth after a below-par display.
- Prannoy completed a stunning 15-12, 15-12 victory over World No. 5 Son Wan Ho.
Solomon Deksisa, Bornes Kitur to run at the Mumbai Marathon.
- Solomon Deksisa of Ethiopia and defending champion Bornes Kitur will be among the major attractions at the Tata Mumbai Marathon to be held on January 21.
- Four men who have run under 2 hours and seven minutes, including Deksisa, and five others who have run under 2:09:00, as well as six women under 2:29:00 will be on the start line.
- The 15th edition of the race offers a top prize of $42,000, according to race promoters, Procam International.
- Deksisa, whose personal best of 2:06:22, was clocked while finishing second at the 2016 Rotterdam Marathon and ending up third at last October’s Toronto Marathon, is the fastest for the Mumbai Marathon.
- Ethiopia’s Chele Dechasa and Abraham Girma, and Bahrain’s Shumi Dechasa, the latter running for his country in the last two IAAF World Championships marathons, are the three other men entrants who have run under 2:07:00 in their careers.
Kenyan runners Joshua Kipkorir and Eliud Barngetuny, who were second and third in last year’s Mumbai Marathon.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 10:
|Current Affairs | 10-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 09-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.