Current Affairs Jan 12 2018
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 12.
Indian Space Research Organisation launched its 100th satellite from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota.
- ISRO launched its 100th satellite ‘Cartosat-2‘ series from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at 9.28 am.
- The satellite carries panchromatic and multi-special cameras, operating in Time-Delay Integration mode, capable of delivering high resolution data.
- The 100-kg Indian microsatellite will capture images at night and will also provide high resolution scene specific spot images.
- The images will be used in the areas of cartographic, urban & rural applications, coastal land use, road network & monitoring and water distribution.
- It will also carry 30 other satellites belonging to Canada, Finland, France, Korea, UK and USA.
- This is the third satellite in the Cartosat-2 series and 42nd flight of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle.
India to get 10,000 seaplanes in the next 2 years.
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari announced that 10,000 seaplanes would be brought into operation in the country in the next two years.
- In the next three months, rules and regulations would be put in place for operating seaplanes in the country.
- He said that state governments should look at new modes of transportation, including inland waterways to avoid pollution and related issues of road transport.
- Gadkari officiated the ‘bhoomi pujan‘ ceremony of the new bridge on Versova creek which is worth Rs 3,000 crore that will connect Mumbai to Ahmedabad.
- 10,000 seaplanes would be brought into the country in the next two years. Within the next three months, rules and regulations would be put in place for (operating) seaplanes.
- Chief minister Devendra Fadnavis has assured that by April this year, water transport would be introduced in and around Mumbai.
MEA confirms India-Pakistan National Security Advisor meet.
- The government confirmed that National Security Adviser Ajit Doval held talks with his Pakistani counterpart Lt Gen Nasser Khan Janjua (retd) in Thailand.
- Raveesh Kumar, spoksperson of the Ministry of External Affairs, told reporters that the focus of the “operational-level talks” was “cross-border terror” and ways to ensure the elimination of terrorism from the region.
- There have been meetings between the BSF and Pakistan Rangers as part of a regular mechanism.
- He said the issue of cross-border terrorism was raised in the meeting.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 12 Updates from around the globe.
Indian-American politician Aruna Miller to run for elections from Maryland.
- Indian-American politician Aruna Miller has filed nomination papers to run for the US Congress from Maryland.
- Miller is currently a member of the Maryland House of Delegates.
- Miller, a civil engineer, is endorsed by EMILY’S List and 314 Action, a political action committee dedicated to electing more STEM candidates.
- She worked for 25 years for Montgomery County.
- In 2010, she was elected to the Maryland House of Delegates where she represents the 15th District and serves on the Appropriations Committee.
Julian Assange gets Ecuador citizenship.
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was “naturalised” as an Ecuadorean on December 12.
- Britain had earlier refused a request by Ecuador for Assange to be given diplomatic status.
- Assange has been living in the Ecuadorean embassy in London where he was granted asylum in 2012 to avoid extradition to Sweden over rape allegations.
- Ecuador’s foreign minister Maria Fernanda Espinosa confirmed Assange’s citizenship request at a press conference in Quito.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 12 updates by reading the news.
Bank of Baroda to sell Nainital Bank.
- Bank of Baroda to sell its subsidiary Nainital Bank as part of its capital raising exercise.
- Uttaranchal-based bank was established by freedom fighter Govind Ballabh Pant in 1922 and acquired by BoB in 1975.
- According to reports, BoB has sought permission from the RBI to sell stake in Nainital Bank, which is 99% owned by the third-largest public sector lender.
- Nainital Bank had a total business of Rs 8,049 crore, an increase of 26% over the previous year.
- The bank had deposits of Rs. 6,852.79 crore and advances of Rs. 3,280.01 crore.
- Bank of Baroda led by PS Jeykumar, is looking at freeing capital by selling of loan assets as well.
Kuants raises Rs 50 lakh from angel investors.
- Kuants, an algorithmic trading platform, has raised Rs 50 lakh from angel investors, Pankaj Chopra and Ankush Gupta.
- The company plans to use the fresh funds to strengthen its technology backbone.
- Kuants co-founder Ayush Gangwar said they are developing complex systems and strategies so that the user doesn’t need to waste his time figuring out a way to develop his trading system.
Vatika Hotels buyout Goldman Sach’s stake.
- Vatika Hotels announced it has bought back investment made by Goldman Sachs in the company for Rs 300 crore.
- It now owns 100 per cent equity in the hospitality firm.
- Vatika Hotels is planning to launch an initial public offer (IPO) in the next fiscal to fund expansion in hospitality and business centre verticals.
- The Hotel is a part of real estate firm Vatika group.
- Goldman Sachs had invested around Rs 250 crore in Vatika Hotels and had around 14-15 per cent stake in the company.
Current Affairs Jan 12 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
FC Goa defeats Jamshedpur FC.
- Manuel Lanzarote scored a goal in each half to guide FC Goa to a 2-1 win over Jamshedpur FC in the Indian Super League.
- With the win, FC Goa have collected 16 points from nine matches.
- Jamshedpur FC remained on 10 points from nine matches and are placed seventh.
- Eduardo Debia Pelaez and Ahmed Jahouh combined well in the midfield and orchestrated the moves with delicate passes but the rival defence stood firm.
- Ferran Corominas, who is the leading scorer with nine goals, had an opportunity to strike but he was in two minds as he directed a weak shot straight to keeper Subrata Paul in the 19th minute.
Sarita Devi, Sonia Lather enter finals of National Women’s Boxing Championship.
- Former world and Asian champion L Sarita Devi and world silver-medallist Sonia Lather advanced to the finals of the National Women’s Boxing Championships.
- Sarita defeated Haryana’s Monika 5-0 to set up a clash with Railways Sports Promotion Board’s Pavitra. Pavitra got the better of Uttarakhand’s Priyanka Choudhary 5-0.
- Sonia, on the other hand, defeated All India Police’s Sandhya Rani 5-0. She will be up against reigning youth world champion Shashi Chopra.
- World silver-medallist Sarjubala Devi also entered the finals, beating RSPB’s Meenakshi.
- Former junior world champion Nikhat Zareen who lost to Haryana-girl Ritu in a split verdict.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 12:
|Current Affairs | 11-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 10-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.