Current Affairs Jan 13 2018
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 13.
India and Malaysia held a 5th Bilateral Technical Meeting in New Delhi.
- Meeting was on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine between both the countries .
- It was a part of the agreement signed between both countries in 2010.
- Issues discussed between the meetings were establishment of Ayurveda Chair in University of UTAR, Malaysia.
- Professional training in Panchakarma therapy for Malaysian experts in India.
- The evaluation of safety of combination Ayurvedic/ traditional products for clinical trials.
- An MoU was signed between National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), Ministry of AYUSH and Malaysia.
National Youth Day was celebrated on January 12.
- Indian Government celebrated Swami Vivekananda‘s birthday on January 12 as National Youth Day.
- The Indian government had declared way back in 1984 that Swami Vivekananda’s birthday would be celebrated as the National Youth Day.
- The five-day event will provide a platform to bring the youth of the country together with an opportunity to showcase their talents in various activities.
- ‘Sankalp Se Siddhi’ is the theme of the festival.
- Culture Minister Dr. Mahesh Sharma will be the guest of honor.
Solar ferry in Kerala completes one year of operation.
- Country’s first solar-powered ferry operating in the Vembanad lagoon in Kerala, completes one year of successful operations.
- The 75-seater responsible green transport project ferry was launched on January 12, 2017.
- The ferry takes a total of 22 trips between the jetties of Vaikom and Thavanakkadavu on opposite banks of the Vembanad.
- Commuters travel to Cherthala, a major town in Alappuzha district from Vaikom in less than half the time taken by buses.
- Aditya is one among four ferries on this stretch, the others being conventional diesel boats.
- Aditya is much larger in size, resting on two hulls with an open cabin at the front for the sailor.
- The 1500 sq ft of solar panels on the roof of the boat convert solar energy into electrical energy to be stored in the battery units.
- The expensive but light-weight, lithium-ion phosphate batteries are connected to two electric motors which use the energy to propel the boat.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 13 Updates from around the globe.
Sri Lanka lifts ban on women buying, selling alcohol.
- Sri Lanka has revoked a 38-year ban on buying and selling alcohol by women.
- Minister Mangala Samaraweera signed the notification revoking the ban to restore gender equality and promote tourism.
- The ban had been in force since 1979, the early years of Sri Lanka embracing an open market economy.
- But many businesses had employed women to sell and serve alcohol and sold alcohol to them in spite of the ban.
- The government also allowed liquor outlets to stay open an hour later, until 10 p.m.
Saudi Women allowed to attend a football game for the first time.
- Saudi Arabia allowed women to enter a football stadium for the first time to watch a football match.
- The ultra-conservative kingdom eases strict rules separating the sexes.
- New measure comes after Riyadh, lifted a ban prohibiting women from driving, as well as reopening cinemas.
- Islamic kingdom has announced a series of reforms initiated by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
- The first football match women are being allowed to attend is a clash between Saudi Premier League clubs Al-Ahli and Al-Batin in the Red Sea city of Jeddah.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 13 updates by reading the news.
Norwegian fertiliser giant Yara International, announced the completion of its acquisition of Tata Chemicals Ltd’s urea plant.
- Yara International announced the completion of its acquisition of Tata Chemicals Ltd’s 1.2 million tonnes per annum production capacity urea plant at Babrala in Uttar Pradesh.
- Rs 2,682-crore deal includes the transfer of all assets and liabilities relating to the Babrala unit, while marking the first foreign direct investment in India’s highly regulated urea sector.
- Narasimha Rao, CEO and president, Yara India said that the acquisition is worthwhile given that it was being operated by the Tata Group and with energy efficiency on par with any of our urea plants across the globe.
- Yara does annual sales of $35-40 million in India.
- Much of it comprises premium micronutrients, complex and water-soluble fertilisers used in high-value crops such as apples, banana, grapes, sugarcane, chilli and vegetables.
Israel to invest $68.6 million in India to boost cooperation.
- Israel will invest $68.6 million to boost cooperation with India in tourism, technology, agriculture and innovation over a period of four years.
- The commitment is in addition to the India-Israel Industrial R&D and Technological Innovation Fund of $40 million over five years with equal contribution from both sides that has already been agreed.
- Netanyahu will be leading a high-profile delegation comprising 130 businessmen from 102 Israeli companies on his four day trip to India starting January 14.
- It will be the second visit by an Israeli Prime Minister to India after a gap of 15 years since Ariel Sharon visited New Delhi in 2003.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the Jewish state, becoming the first Indian premier to do so.
- Several MoUs in the field of oil and gas, renewable energy, amended protocol for airports, cyber security, co-production of films and documentaries will be signed between the two sides.
- Israel’s Saare Tzedek hospital would be signing an agreement with India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Appointments and Resignations
Check out important appointments and resignations from around the world for Current Affairs Jan 13.
US Ambassador to Panama, John Feeley Resigns.
- John Feeley, US Ambassador to Panama, a career diplomat and former Marine Corps helicopter pilot, has resigned from his post.
- John told the State Department that he no longer feels able to serve President Donald Trump.
- Feely informed the White House, the Department of State, and the Government of Panama of his decision to retire for personal reasons, as of March 9 of this year.
Find out which countries or organizations committed to an agreement on Current Affairs Jan 13.
India, and Canada to sign an MoU for cooperation in Science and Technology.
- India will soon sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the cooperation in the field of Science and Technology with Canada.
- The MoU will provide a mechanism and help bring scientific cooperation between R&D and academic institutions of the two countries.
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved a MoU with Canada.
- R&D cooperation between India and Canada will be implemented under a MoU concluded by the Department of Science and Technology with the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada.
- India-Canada Centre for Innovative Multidisciplinary Partnership to Accelerate Community Transformation and Sustainability (IC-IMPACTS) programme will be supported to promote research partnerships.
India to revive missile deal with Israel.
- Indian army and the government are discussing ways to revive a $500 million order to buy Spike anti-tank guided missiles from Israel.
- India recently called off the deal to procure 8,000 missiles.
- The deal was scrapped after Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) offered to manufacture similar missiles as per ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- General Bipin Rawat said the DRDO missiles were yet to be tested and would not be ready till 2022.
- In April 2017 the two countries signed a military deal worth $2 billion which includes supply of medium-range surface-to-air missiles, launchers and communications technology.
Current Affairs Jan 13 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Hyderabad Hunters reach their maiden final in the Premier Badminton League.
- Sai Praneeth and Carolina Marin fighting ability steered Hyderabad Hunters into their maiden final in the Premier Badminton League (PBL) at the Gachibowli Indoor Stadium.
- Hunters beat blank Delhi Dashers 3-0 in the semi-finals.
- Pia Zebadiah Bernadet and Satwiksairaj Ranki Reddy lost to Ashwini Ponnappa and Vladmir Ivanov 13-15, 15-10, 15-10.
- The Singapore Open champion stunned Tian Howei 15-9, 15-8 in the latter’s trump match. With Houwei’s loss, Delhi, who got a minus point, lost one point while Hyderabad gained one.
- Praneeth took an early lead of 8-3 in the first game and gave no chance to Houwei.
- In the final, Hyderabad will face the winner of the other last four clash between Ahmedabad Smash Masters and Bengaluru Blasters.
India beat Pakistan by seven wickets in the Blind Cricket World Cup.
- Defending champions India defeated Pakistan in the Blind Cricket World Cup on Friday.
- Pakistan scored 282 for eight wickets in 40 overs.
- Md. Jamil (B3 – blind level 3) and captain Nisar Ali (B3) of Pakistan added 137 runs for the third wicket.
- Nisar Ali was bowled by Ajay Reddy for 63, while Jaimil remained not out on 94.
- India chased down the target in 34.5 overs.
- Haryana’s Deepak Malik (B3) scored with an unbeaten 79 off 71 balls, while Venkatesh (64 off 55 balls) and skipper Ajay Reddy (47 off 34) shared 106 runs for the fourth wicket.
- Pakistan entered the finals after defeating Bangladesh and Nepal.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 13:
|Current Affairs | 12-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 11-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.