Current Affairs Jan 15 2018
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 15.
Indian Government to auction ‘enemy’ properties worth Rs 1 lakh crore.
- Over 9,400 ‘enemy’ properties, worth more than Rs 1 lakh crore, are set to be auctioned by the government.
- The properties were left behind by people who took citizenship of Pakistan and China.
- The move came after the amendment of the 49-year-old Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Act.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh said that the survey of 6,289 enemy properties has been completed and that of the remaining 2,991 properties which are vested with the custodian will be completed.
- The estimated value of these 9,400 properties is around Rs 1 lakh crore and when they are sold off.
- Among the 9,280 properties left behind by Pakistani nationals, the highest 4,991 properties are located in Uttar Pradesh followed by West Bengal which has 2,735 such estates.
- There are 487 such properties in Delhi.
- Among the 126 properties left behind by Chinese nationals, the highest 57 are located in Meghalaya followed by West Bengal with 29. Assam has seven such properties.
Sushma Swaraj met Israeli PM Netanyahu.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj met Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday.
- Netanyahu arrived here on a six-day visit to improve ties with India.
- Sushma Swaraj-Netanyahu meeting was about various aspects of our bilateral ties aimed at strengthening strategic partnership.
- Netanyahu and his wife Sara landed in the afternoon along with a 130-member trade delegation.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi broke protocol and went to receive the Israeli Prime Minister at the Delhi airport.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 15 Updates from around the globe.
India to host two-day international meet on disaster relief along with the UN.
- More than 22 countries are participating in a two-day international meet to build a global coalition for development of disaster resilient infrastructure.
- It will be on the lines of the Solar Alliance of 120 countries.
- India will spend $1.5 trillion on infrastructure in the next 10 years.
- UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) is partnering to achieve regional and global targets towards cutting down disaster deaths and economic losses due to natural hazards.
- The UNISDR is jointly hosting the deliberations with multilateral agencies like World Bank, Asian Development Bank, New Development Bank, besides Japan, Germany, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, Nepal, Bhutan and the Netherlands.
- This is the second tiome that such an event is organised in New Delhi towards building a coalition on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
- In 2016, India had hosted the Asian Ministerial Conference on DRR that saw the adoption of a regional plan for a committed reduction in disaster losses by 2030.
Indian Origin artist Aziz Ansari becomes first Asian to win Golden Globe award.
- Aziz Ansari, US-born son of immigrants from Chennai, became the first Indian-American and first Asian to win a Golden Globe for best actor.
- Oprah Winfrey received the Cecil B. DeMille for outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment.
- Ansari won the award for comedy series ‘Master of None’ in which he plays the role of 30-year-old actor Dev Shah.
- He had already won an Emmy for writing the series and hosted Saturday Night Live.
- Aziz was born in Columbia, South Carolina to immigrant parents from Tamil Nadu (his mother, Fatima, works in a medical office, and his father, Shoukath, is a gastroenterologist).
- Ansari was studying at New York University Stern School of Business when he started performing in Big Apple clubs and weekly shows.
- He won the Jury Award for “Best Standup” at HBO’s 2006 US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 15 updates by reading the news.
IDFC Bank to merge with Capital First.
- IDFC Bank and Capital First have agreed to a merger deal.
- V Vaidyanathan, current chairman and MD of Capital First will be succeeding Rajiv Lall as MD and CEO of the merged entity.
- A joint statement said that the decision was in line with the bank’s strategy of “retailising” its business and with Capital First’s stated intention to convert to a universal bank.
- The boards also approved a share swap ratio of 139 shares of IDFC Bank for 10 shares of Capital First.
- Rajiv Lall who led IDFC Group from 2005 to the present in various top positions will be the non-executive chairman of the merged bank.
- He will replace Veena Mankar who will continue to remain on the board.
Amazon and Patni Joint Venture gets Rs 100 crore in funding.
- Joint-venture (JV) formed by Amazon and the Patni group, Frontizo Business Services, has received a fresh capital infusion of close to Rs 100 crore.
- The firm has also increased its paid up share capital to Rs 294.12 crore in the latest resolution from 196.17 crore, the documents pointed out.
- Soon after the 51%-49% JV was formed, Frontizo Business received Rs 200 crore in capital infusion in multiple tranches.
- Amazon joined hands with the Patni group to ramp up its multi-channel customer services offering in India especially in the non-metro markets.
- Frontizo Business also owns Appario Retail which is a seller on Amazon India.
Uber re-launches auto service in India.
- Uber is re- launching its ‘AUTO‘ service in India, almost two years after shutting down the offering in March 2016, starting with Bengaluru and Pune.
- US-based company, which is locked in an intense battle with homegrown player Ola, will allow customers to book auto rickshaw rides through ‘AUTO’ option.
- Ola, which also allows booking autorickshaw rides under ‘Auto’ service, had launched the offering in Bengaluru and Chennai in 2014.
- Ola Auto is currently operational across 73 cities with over 1.2 lakh autos associated with the company.
- For Uber, India is one of its largest markets where it has seen strong growth.
- Japanese conglomerate SoftBank, which is also an investor in Ola, has recently committed investing over USD 1 billion in the US-based ride-sharing platform.
Find out all the important people who breathed heir last in Current Affairs Jan 15.
Journalist and writer Gnani Sankaran passes away.
- 64 years old Tamil writer, journalist and theater personality, Gnani Sankaran, died on Monday at his residence in Chennai.
- He was undergoing regular dialysis for kidney ailments for few years.
- Known for his spirited life and daring positions on various issues, Gnani is often recalled by his friends as a firebrand journalist of Madras of early 1980s, besides his many experiments in literature, street plays and theatre.
- Gnani had joined AAP and unsuccessfully contesting from Alandur constituency in 2014 Lok Sabha polls. He later quit citing health reasons.
- His body has been kept at his residence in KK Nagar, and will be donated to a hospital.
- He is survived by his wife and a son.
Current Affairs Jan 15 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
India beat Australia by 100 runs in U-19 World Cup.
- India beat Australia by 100 runs in the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2018.
- India posted 328/7, led by captain Prithvi Shaw’s 94 and fellow opener Manjot Kalra‘s 86 and Shubham Gill’s 63.
- Bowlers Kamlesh Nagarkoti and Shivam Mavi claimed three wickets each.
- Australian opener Jack Edwards top-scored with 73 while wicket-keeper batsman Baxter J Holt put in a rear-guard effort of 39 of 30 deliveries.
- Australia were all out for 228 in 42.5 overs.
- Nagarkoti impressed with his pace returned figures of 7-1-29-3 while Mavi too registered impressive figures of 8.5-1-45-3.
- Spinners Abhishek Sharma and Anukul Roy took one wicket apiece.
Hyderabad Hunters won the PBL title by defeating Bengaluru Blasters.
- Hyderabad Hunters defeated Bengaluru Blasters to become the champions of the third Premier Badminton League at the Gachibowli Indoor Stadium on Sunday.
- India’s Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Indonesia’s Pia Zebadiah Bernadeth put up a dominant display in the last encounter of the clash, the Mixed Doubles, to clinch the title and the winners’ prize purse for the Hunters.
- Hunters beat Kim Sa Rang (Korea) and N Sikki Reddy (India) 15-11, 15-12.
- The match went to script, with the Blasters’ World No. 1 Viktor Axelsen and the Hunters’ former world champion Carolina Marin winning their respective matches to make it 3-3 after the first four matches.
- The Hunters began on the back foot, with their Men’s Doubles pair of Markis Kido & Yoo Yeon Seong failing to get into their groove and losing the first point.
- Blasters were 2-1 (3-2) on points at the midway stage. But former World No. 1 Carolina Marin promptly regained the initiative for the Hunters, winning the Women’s Singles match 2-0 next.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 15:
|Current Affairs | 14-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 13-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.