Latest Current Affairs Jan 18 2018
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 18.
Uttar Pradesh government plans metro services in Agra, Kanpur, Meerut by 2024.
- The Uttar Pradesh government decided to start metro services in Agra, Kanpur and Meerut cities by 2024 at a total estimated cost of Rs. 43,800 crores.
- Mr Singh, the UP-government spokesperson said the entire project will be completed by 2024.
- He said the decision to start the services was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- The Kanpur project will have 31 stations and it will be 30-km-long costing over Rs. 17,000 crores, while Meerut metro project will be of 33 km costing over Rs. 13,800 crores.
Suresh Prabhu says India to become $5 trillion economies in 8-9 years.
- Commerce and Industries Minister Suresh Prabhu said India is expected to become a $ 5 trillion economy in the next 8-9 years.
- India is going to be $5 trillion economies in 8-9 years. $1 trillion will come from manufacturing.
- The minister said if manufacturing alone is digitised it will create a huge opportunity for technology firms.
Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu to meet Jewish leaders in Mumbai today.
- Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will interact with 25-30 leaders of the Jewish community in Mumbai to address their grievances and issues.
- Amongst issues likely to be put forth will be concerned about getting minority status for Jews across India and challenges in getting visas.
- In 2016, Maharashtra became the second Indian state to grant the minority status to the Jews. Currently, only three states have given minority status to the community.
More National Updates
More National News on Today Current Affairs January 18th, 2017.
Sushma Swaraj meets Bangladesh Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj met visiting Bangladesh Foreign Minister A H Mahmood Ali and discussed various bilateral issues, as well as the Rohingya refugee crisis.
- This comes at a time when Dhaka has counted more than a million Rohingya refugees living in camps near the border with Myanmar.
- Bangladesh says it wants to start sending them home next week and has reached an initial agreement with Myanmar to complete the process within two years.
Maharashtra new policy to create 10,000 start-ups and 5 lakh jobs in the state.
- The Maharashtra government cleared a policy which will effectively roll out a red carpet for innovative start-ups.
- The state government has introduced a range of incentives for start-ups, including the waiver on stamp duty and registration charges and patent registration.
- With the policy, the government intends to develop 15 incubators, attract investment up to Rs5,000 crore by facilitating 10,000 start-ups.
- They said it will also create 5 lakh direct and indirect jobs in the next five years.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 18 Updates from around the globe.
China planning to send robot submarine to the sunken ship.
- China is preparing to send a robot submarine possibly followed by divers to explore and plug holes in a sunken Iranian oil tanker.
- It claims that the Sanchi was lying under 115 meters (377 feet) of water in the East China Sea.
- The cause of the collision remains under investigation. All 21 crew members of the freighter were reported safe.
The US withholds $65 million from Palestinian aid programs.
- The US donated $355 million to UNWRA in 2016 and was set to make a similar contribution in this year, with the first instalment to have been sent this month.
- The State Department said it was releasing the rest of the installment-$60 million to prevent the agency from running out of cash by the end of the month.
- The US is UNWRA’s largest donor, supplying nearly 30 percent of its budget.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 18 updates by reading the news.
Apple plans new US campus and will spend $350 billion over next 5 years.
- The world’s most valuable company Apple said it will spend $350 billion in development and create 20,000 jobs in the United States in the next five years.
- Apple said that as required by the new tax law, it will pay $38 billion in taxes from its massive cash holdings overseas.
- Given the new corporate tax rate of 15.5 percent, that indicates Apple is returning around $245 billion in cash to the United States.
Ravi Shankar’s brand Sri Sri Tattva to open 1000 stores by December.
- Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s consumer goods and wellness brand Sri Sri Tattva plan to expand its retail footprint with 1,000 retail stores by end 2018.
- The proposed stores will be opened on a franchise model in association with Franchise India.
- The company says they will have three type of stores like Sri Sri Tattva Mart, Sri Sri Tattva Wellness Place, and Sri Sri Tattva Home and Health.
Check out the today Agreements updates by reading Current Affairs Jan 18.
Maharashtra govt signs MoU with Israel firm.
- The state government signed a MoU with an Israeli company for its ambitious Marathwada Water Grid project to tackle problems of drinking water and drought in the region.
- The cabinet gave its nod for the project and partnership between Maharashtra and an Israeli company to promote the water grid projects.
- Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis is looking at a long-term partnership between Maharashtra and Israel in agriculture development.
Ronaldinho retires from football.
- Brazilian World Cup winner Ronaldinho has formally confirmed his retirement from football.
- The 37-year-old former Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona star, a key member of the Brazil side which won the World Cup in 2002.
- For Brazil, Ronaldinho made 97 appearances, scoring 33 goals, including two in the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea.
Current Affairs Jan 18 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Everton FC signs Theo Walcott from Arsenal FC.
- Everton has completed the signing of Theo Walcott from Arsenal in a deal reportedly worth £20million.
- Theo Walcott’s 12-year spell at Arsenal FC is over after he completed a switch to Everton FC, on a three-and-a-half-year deal.
- Walcott made almost 400 appearances for Arsenal, scoring 108 goals, but has played just 47 minutes in six Premier League this year as a substitute appearance.
- He becomes Everton’s second signing of the January transfer window after the Toffees signed striker Cenk Tosun from Besiktas.
India enters final of Blind Cricket World Cup.
- India beat Bangladesh by seven wickets to set up a title clash with arch-rivals Pakistan in the Blind Cricket World Cup, in Ajman.
- Defending champions India will take on Pakistan on January 20 at Sharjah.
Veteran Akali leader Manjit Singh Calcutta passes away.
- Veteran Akali leader and former chief secretary of the SGPC Manjit Singh Calcutta died in Amritsar on Wednesday.
- Calcutta had remained the education minister in the Badal government when Panthic Sikh leader and SGPC president Gurcharan Singh Tohra was alive.
- Calcutta began his political career in 1954 when he became the president of All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF).
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 18:
|Current Affairs | 17-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 16-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This latest current updates page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.