Latest Current Affairs Jan 22 2018
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 22.
Piyush Goyal plans railway stations completely safe by 2022.
- Railway minister Piyush Goyal said more CCTV cameras will be installed in coaches and at stations across the country to prevent human trafficking and ensure the safety of women and children.
- Goyal, who took a local train between Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) and Matunga, said by 2022, the government aims to make stations completely safe.
- He said the railway ministry is working with the Nitin Gadkari-led transport ministry for speedy clearances of various projects.
India, Japan to introduce AI, robotics in defence sector.
- India and Japan will work together to introduce artificial intelligence and robotics in the defence sector.
- After the nuclear agreement was ratified by the Japanese parliament late 2017, Sonora said India and Japan would be setting up a joint task force for commercial agreements.
- In 2018, Japan’s is aiming for a “free and open Indo-Pacific”, a theme Sonora expounded on at the recent Raisina Dialogue.
India begins talks with Russia for Rs 39,000 cr Triumf missile shield deal.
- India has now begun final contract negotiations with Russia for the Rs 39,000 crore acquisition of five advanced S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems.
- The missiles can detect, track and destroy hostile strategic bombers, stealth fighters, spy planes, missiles and drones at a range of up to 400 km and altitude of 30 km.
- All the five S-400 systems, which can even take on medium-range ballistic missiles, apart from cruise missiles, will be delivered in 54 months.
More National Updates
More National News on Today Current Affairs January 22nd, 2017.
Pawan Kalyan to announce political voyage from Telangana temple today.
- Jana Sena founder and Tollywood actor Pawan Kalyan said he would visit Hanuman Temple in Kondagattu near Karimnagar today and announce his political programme.
- Kalyan, however, said he would announce his plan of action for the next three days tomorrow, as he has not yet decided the exact mode he would adapt to reach masses.
- Kalyan, who floated Jana Sena ahead of the 2014 polls, had extended full support to the TDP-BJP combine back then.
India to have automated ocean pollution system from April.
- India is all set to have its own automated ocean pollution observation system this year which will help keep a tab on ocean pollution levels.
- According to SSC Shenoi, director, Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), the system will become functional by April this year.
- The cost of the project is estimated to be at Rs. 100 crores.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 22 Updates from around the globe.
Google doodle pays tribute to filmmaker Sergei Eisenstein on his 120th birthday.
- Monday marks the 120th birth anniversary of Soviet film director and film theorist Sergei Eisenstein and Google dedicated its doodle to the filmmaker.
- He directed several groundbreaking films, including Battleship Potemkin, Strike, and The General Line.
- He was honoured with Stalin prize in 1941 and 1946.
Saudi Arabia coalition announces $1.5 billion in aid for Yemen.
- Saudi Arabia has announced USD 1.5 billion in new aid for Yemen, where nearly three years of conflict has devastated the local economy.
- The expansion of ports will be supported with up to USD 40 million from the Saudi-led coalition.
- Additionally, the kingdom said it will make a donation of up to USD 2 billion in fuel for the transportation of humanitarian aid.
US government to remain closed on Monday as Senate still short of a deal.
- A US government shutdown will enter its third day on Monday as Senate negotiators failed to reach a deal late on Sunday on Democrats’ demand for legislation protecting Dreamers.
- The Senate set a vote for 12 pm on advancing a measure that would provide temporary government funding through February 8 and allow thousands of federal employees to return to work.
- It was not clear whether enough Democrats would vote on Monday to advance the temporary spending bill and end the government shutdown.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 22 updates by reading the news.
India to become the fastest growing large economy in 2018, says Report.
- India will overtake China to be the fastest growing large economy in 2018 and the country’s equity market will become the fifth largest in the world, says a report.
- According to a Sanctum Wealth Management report, India will become the fastest growing large economy in the world, eclipsing China.
- The report says at a time when developed economies are cheering 2-3% growth, India is focused on breaching 7.5%.
ONGC to acquire govt entire stake in HPCL for Rs 36,915 Cr.
- State-owned ONGC said it will acquire the government’s entire 51.11 percent stake in HPCL for Rs 36,915 crore.
- ONGC will pay the government Rs 473.97 per share, a premium of over 10 percent of the 60-days weighted average of HPCL’s scrip.
- ONGC’s share had closed at Rs 193.60 on BSE, down 0.23 percent over its previous close. HPCL shares traded last at Rs 416.55, up 1.34 percent.
Honda Cars India recalls over 22,800 vehicles.
- Honda Cars India is recalling 22,834 units of the Accord, City and Jazz models in the country as part of a global exercise to rectify faulty airbags.
- The company, which is present in India through a wholly-owned arm Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL), announced that the latest recall would impact models which were manufactured in 2013.
- According to the company, the recall would affect 510 units of the premium sedan Accord, 22,084 units of the City and 240 units of the Jazz.
Current Affairs Jan 22 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Anand draws with Svidler at Tata Steel Chess.
- Indian Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand played out a draw against Peter Svidler of Russia in the eighth round of Tata Steel Masters chess tournament.
- Looking for his sixth record title here, Anand took his tally to 4.5 points out of a possible eight.
- Anand now needs to score at least two wins in the remaining five rounds to win the title.
Watford hires former Malaga boss Javi Gracia to replace Marco Silva.
- Watford’s replaced Marco Silva with Javi Gracia following a downturn in form blamed on Everton.
- Javi Gracia is Watford’s ninth manager in less than six years.
- Watford has fallen to 10th place in the Premier League after winning only one of its last 11 games.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 22:
|Current Affairs | 21-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 20-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This latest current updates page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.Current Affairs Jan 19