Latest Current Affairs Jan 23
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 23.
PM Modi holds global CEO meet, pitches for business opportunities in India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday hosted a round-table meeting with CEOs of top global companies in Davos.
- PM Modi hosted the welcome reception for the international elite, who gathered to discuss the challenges confronting the global economy.
- The Prime Minister narrated India’s growth story and presented exciting opportunities for global business in India at the roundtable meeting.
Madhya Pradesh budget session to begin on February 26.
- The Madhya Pradesh budget session will take place from February 26 to March 28, according to an official notification issued.
- Anandiben Patel, who has been appointed as Governor of the state, will address the House on the first day.
- The 31-day budget session will incorporate 18 sittings where state budget for the financial year 2018-19 would be presented to transact government and non-government work.
- Being the election year, it would be the last session of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
Engine-less train with 160 kmph to be out in June.
- This June, Indian Railways is going to roll out high-speed, “engine-less” train sets, its most significant technology upgrade in its fleet of passenger coaches.
- Named “Train 18” in consonance in 2018, the year of its production, the train sets will be manufactured in Integral Coach Factory, Chennai.
- General Manager of ICF Sudhanshu Mani said we expect to roll it out by June this year.
More National Updates
More National News on Today Current Affairs January 23rd, 2017.
RSS to hold biggest volunteers’ meet in Meerut on Feb 25.
- The RSS will hold its biggest congregation of swayamsevaks in Meerut on February 25 to deepen its roots in western UP.
- The Meerut pranth of Paschim Kshetra was a strong base for RSS nearly 15 years back. After the BJP returned to power last year, the RSS is attempting to strengthen its roots here.
- The RSS has made the registrations online for a fee of Rs 50 and that made a collection of Rs 1.5 crore for the organization.
India, China to co-host energy meet in Delhi.
- India and China, along with South Korea, will co-host a meeting of energy ministers from 60 countries in New Delhi in April.
- The meeting, which will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will see ministers discuss about global energy security.
- The event assumes significance as most meetings of the forum is held in oil-producing countries, with the next meeting slated to be in China.
India-UAE investment task force to facilitate over $1 billion into India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi prepares to travel to UAE with the investment and economic relationship between the two countries is slowly gathering steam.
- Commerce minister Suresh Prabhu and the chairman of ADIA, Sheikh Hamid bin Zayed al Nahyan, is looking to facilitate over $1 billion into India in the coming months.
- The UAE has invested over $10 billion in India, of which $4 billion is in FDI.
- ADIA (Abu Dhabi Investment Authority) is on the board of the NIIF, by virtue of its initial investment of $1 billion into the NIIF.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 23 Updates from around the globe.
Canadian PM Justin Trudeau to visit India from February 17 to 23.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will visit India from February 17-23 with the aim to strengthen bilateral strategic partnerships.
- Trudeau will visit on the invitation of his Indian counterpart, Narendra Modi, the Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement.
- The visit is aimed at further strengthening bilateral relations between the two countries in key areas of mutual interest, including trade and investment and energy.
China donates over 32,000 solar power generators to Nepal.
- China has donated over 32,000 solar power generating systems to Nepal to enhance its domestic capacity and to provide electricity.
- The donated items included 32,000 sets of household solar power generation systems and 325 sets of solar power generation systems.
- China has been investing heavily in Nepal as it seeks to expand its influence.
UAE launches an app for Indians seeking work visas.
- The United Arab Emirates has launched a smartphone app for Indians seeking work visas that are aimed at streamlining the process and completing most of the procedures in India.
- With the app, the applicants can make a hassle-free entry into the workforce.
- Currently available in Hindi and English for Android platforms, the app will soon be rolled out in Malayalam in view of a large number of people from Kerala who apply for work visas.
Chinese Navy gets new electronic warfare aircraft.
- China has built a new type of electronic warfare aircraft which can cover bigger combat areas such as the South and East China seas.
- The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy’s South China Sea Fleet deployed the H-6G bomber in its recent combat manoeuvres.
- The aircraft developed for 10 years in service is equipped with the Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) pods underneath its wings.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 23 updates by reading the news.
Facebook to train 1 million people, businesses in EU by 2020.
- Facebook will train one million people and business owners across the European Union (EU) by 2020.
- It will invest 10 million euros in innovation in France through its Artificial Intelligence (AI) research facility.
- Over the next two years, Facebook will join digital growth partner Freeformers to offer training to 300,000 people across the EU.
Airtel’s Wynk Music crosses over 75 million downloads.
- Wynk Music the over-the-top (OTT) music application from Airtel on Monday announced that it has crossed 75 million app installations.
- Launched in 2015, the platform has a collection of over three million songs, including music in 12 Indian regional languages.
- 13% of Wynk Music’s active users now come from rural India and contribute to nearly 10% of the overall daily streams.
Apple joins Malala Fund to strengthen girl’s education in India, and globally.
- Technology giant Apple has teamed up with the Malala Fund, led by Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Malala Yousafzai, to double the number of grants awarded to the children.
- Apple’s support is expected to double the number of grants awarded by funding programmes to India and Latin America.
- Apple will become the fund’s first Laureate partner, enabling a significant expansion of Yousafzai’s effort to support girls’ education.
Amazon to introduce voice commands on Alexa for Android.
- Amazon announced that it will be introducing voice commands for the Android version of Alexa, its voice assistant.
- The implementation of voice integration into its Android app for Alexa implies that users can speak directly to their handset to perform a number of functions.
- Earlier, Amazon introduced select voice functionality to its mobile shopping app, while forgoing the functionality for the Alexa app until now.
Current Affairs Jan 23 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
IPL 2018 to begin on April 7 in Mumbai.
- The 11th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will take place from April 7 to May 27.
- Accepting broadcaster Star Sports’ request, the IPL GC has also allowed a shift in timings of the matches.
- A total of 578 players including 360 Indians will go under the hammer at the IPL auction in Bangalore on January 27 and 28.
Sanchez signs for Manchester United, Mkhitaryan joins Arsenal.
- Alexis Sanchez said he was “thrilled to be joining the biggest club in the world” as he moved to Manchester United from Arsenal in a swap deal with Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
- It has been widely reported that Sanchez will earn a pre-tax salary of £500,000 a week.
- Sanchez joined Arsenal for £31.7 million in 2014 after three years at Barcelona.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 23:
|Current Affairs | 22-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 21-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our current affairs 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This latest current affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Jan 23.