Latest Current Affairs Jan 24
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 24.
Bihar govt sanctions Rs 100 crore a year for minorities.
- The Bihar government on Tuesday allocated Rs 100 crore per annum for a scheme aimed at employment generation among people from minority communities.
- The state cabinet meeting chaired by chief minister Nitish Kumar gave its nod for an amendment in the guidelines for “Mukhayamantri Alpasankhyak Rozgar Rin Yojana.
- As per the amendment, the state minorities finance commission will be given Rs 100 crore every year, with effect from the financial year 2017-18.
Sushma Swaraj meets Brunei FM, discusses ways to strengthen ties.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday met her Bruneian counterpart Lim Jock Seng and discussed ways to strengthen ties.
- Swaraj and Peng’s meeting came two days ahead of the India-ASEAN Commemorative Summit to be held here.
- In an unprecedented event, all the ASEAN leaders will also be the chief guests at the Republic Day parade.
Shiv Sena won’t ally with BJP in 2019 polls.
- Shiv Sena, BJP’s oldest and for at least 25 years its sturdiest ally, announced on Tuesday that it would go solo for the Lok Sabha and Maharashtra assembly polls in 2019.
- The tie-up came apart again for the 2017 Mumbai civic polls where BJP fell just 2 seats short of the Sena tally.
- Uddhav also spelt out Sena’s expansion plan with militant Hindutva as its plank.
- The Sena also passed a resolution to win “at least 25 LS seats (out of 48 in the state) and 150 assembly seats (out of 288)” in 2019.
The US congratulates India for joining Australia Group.
- Calling India a valued non-proliferation partner, the US Department of State said that Washington looks forward to working with India.
- Last week, India became a member of the ‘Australia Group’ (AG), helping it to bolster its credentials in the field of non-proliferation and also help it acquire critical technologies.
- Following its entry into the AG, India became a member of the three of the four non-proliferation regimes, Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), the Wassenaar Agreement (WA) and the Australia Group (AG).
UP Budget session from February 8 to March 20.
- The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet cleared the decision to convene the state’s Budget Session from February 8 to March 20.
- This is in line with the Centre’s move to shift the fiscal year from April-March to February-January.
- The Cabinet also cleared an excise policy that aimed at reducing “monopoly” by introducing the online mode of applying for licenses.
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to hoist tricolour at Kerala school on Republic Day.
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat will hoist the national flag at a CBSE-affiliated school in Kerala’s Palakkad district this Republic Day.
- Bhagwat, who would be in Palakkad for a three-day RSS camp, will hoist the national flag at Vyasa Vidya Peethom.
- The government circular dated January 17 said the ceremonial hoisting of the national flag should be done by the heads of the departments/educational institutions
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 24 Updates from around the globe.
US Senate confirms Jerome Powell as next chairman of the federal reserve.
- The Senate on Tuesday confirmed Jerome Powell as the next chairman of the Federal Reserve.
- The Senate approved Powell by a margin of 85 to 12, as the nominee was supported by a majority of Democrats and nearly all Republicans.
- Powell, a former Carlyle Group executive, also worked in President George H.W. Bush’s Treasury Department, as well as at the Bipartisan Policy Center, a Washington think tank.
China to build 6-lane “Intelligent Expressway” by 2022.
- China is planning to build a 161-km-long, six-lane intelligent expressway by 2022 in Zhejiang Province in the east.
- The freeway, linking Hangzhou with Ningbo, is expected to increase the average traffic speed by 20 to 30 percent.
- China’s expressways have the speed limits between 100 kmph and 120 kmph, with the average traffic speed estimated at 90 kmph.
Scientists discover a piece of America in Australia.
- Researchers have discovered rocks in Queensland that bear striking similarities to those found in North America.
- They are suggesting that a chunk of Australia was actually part of America 1.7 billion years ago.
- Our research shows that about 1.7 billion years ago, Georgetown rocks were deposited into a shallow sea when the region was part of North America.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 24 updates by reading the news.
Jaitley says India to become one of three largest economies in 25 years.
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley said India will be one of the three largest economies in the world over the next 25 years.
- He said that India stood as an exception in a world where most countries had started to increasingly look inwards.
- The Asean nations growth rate is 4.5-5 percent in a situation where the world has seen a global slowdown.
ONGC gets govt nod to sell a stake in IOC, GAIL to fund HPCL buy.
- State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) has got approval from the government for selling its stake in IOC and GAIL to help fund the Rs 36,915 crore acquisition of HPCL.
- ONGC holds 13.77 percent stake in nation’s biggest refiner Indian Oil Corp (IOC), which at today’s trading price is worth over Rs 26,200 crore.
- It also holds 4.86 percent stake in gas utility GAIL India Ltd, which is worth over Rs 3,847 crores.
Facebook invents a new time unit called ‘Flicks’.
- Facebook has just invented a new unit of time, called Flicks. Flicks could be a big boon for programmers or developers working on visual effects or post-production.
- The unit is slightly larger than a nanosecond and is aimed to help content creators working on visual effects for film, television or any other media.
- Flicks are 1/705600000 of a second which makes it slightly longer than one nanosecond which is equal to 0.000000001 seconds.
Toys ‘R’ Us to shut about 180 US stores.
- The Canadian arm of Toys “R” Us Inc said on Tuesday that about 180 of its stores will be shut in the United States in the coming months.
- The toy store chain tries to emerge from one of the largest ever bankruptcies by a speciality retailer.
- President of the Canadian unit, Melanie Teed-Murch said all 83 Toys “R” Us (Canada) Ltd stores will remain open for business as usual.
Current Affairs Jan 24 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Atletico Madrid knocked out of Copa del Rey by Sevilla.
- Sevilla defeated Atletico Madrid 3-1 in the Copa del Rey on Tuesday to win 5-2 on aggregate and reach the semi-finals.
- Sevilla, finalists in 2016, were in charge of this quarter-final with a 2-1 first leg success.
- Today Real Madrid, leading 1-0 after the first leg, host Leganes with Alaves facing Levantes, while on Thursday Barcelona complete the quarter-finals against Espanyol.
Crystal Palace signs Poland defender Jaroslaw Jach on the three-year deal.
- Crystal Palace has signed a centre back Jaroslaw Jach from Polish side Zaglebie Lubin on a three-year contract.
- Jaroslaw Jach has two caps for Poland and is Palace manager Roy Hodgson’s second signing of the January transfer window.
- Jach has made 20 appearances in all competitions for Lubin this season and was handed his first senior international caps in friendlies against Uruguay.
Winger Aaron Lennon completes switch to Burnley from Everton.
- English winger Aaron Lennon completed his move to Burnley from Everton for an undisclosed fee.
- The 30-year-old made 15 league appearances for Everton this season without scoring. His exit follows the arrival on Merseyside of Arsenal wide forward Theo Walcott last week.
- Lennon told Burnley was the club I wanted to come to and I can’t wait to get started.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 24:
|Current Affairs | 23-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 22-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our current affairs 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This latest current affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Jan 24.