Latest Current Affairs Jan 25
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 25.
PM Modi holds talks with Myanmar and Vietnam.
- The meeting between PM Modi and Myanmar State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi came nearly a month after India and Myanmar inked an agreement.
- In his bilateral meeting between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Myanmar State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi, two leaders discussed follow up on the key decisions taken during his visit to that country.
- Vietnam is one the claimants of the South China Sea, of which more than 90% is claimed by China.
Amit Shah says BJP will contest Karnataka polls on its own.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will go it alone in Karnataka, and contest every seat, party president Amit Shah said in an interview earlier this week.
- The BJP chief says if general elections will take place today, the BJP would do better than it did in 2014.
- The BJP will not only do as well as it did in 2014 in key states such as Uttar Pradesh but also make gains in Odisha, West Bengal, and the north-east, Shah said.
Naveen Patnaik suspends LS MP Bijayant Panda from BJD.
- Bijayant Panda, the suave BJD MP from Kendrapara and a known critic of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, was on Wednesday suspended from the party for “weakening” it.
- Party president Naveen Patnaik has suspended Kendrapara MP Baijayant Panda from the primary membership of the BJD.
- He said Panda did not campaign for BJD candidates in elections to panchayati raj institutions even in his own constituency, and indulged in anti-party activities, supporting opposition candidates.
Padma awards to be announced today.
- The Padma awards, which seek to recognise works of distinction and exceptional achievements in different fields, will be announced today.
- The awards Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri are announced on the eve of the Republic Day every year.
- More than 15,700 people applied for the prestigious awards for 2018, with the government laying stress on honoring the unsung heroes.
After 20 years, ITBP float returns to republic day featuring China border.
- After 20 years the Indo-Tibetan Border Police or the ITBP will return with its float in the Republic Day parade showing troops patrolling the China border on their newly-inducted snow scooters.
- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police is the only paramilitary or border guarding force that will have a tableau in the parade.
- The float will roll down the Rajpath with the tune of the force song ‘Hum Sarhad Ke Senani’, in the vocals of singer Sonu Nigam.
- The last time the tableau of the ITBP featured in the parade was in 1998.
First flight from Jewar likely by December 2021.
- Civil aviation secretary R N Choubey said the first flight from the second airport in the National Capital Region at Jewar could take off as early as December 2021.
- Choubey, along with senior officials of Airports Authority of India, visited the site of the upcoming airport to assess the progress of the project.
- The proposed international airport at Jewar is considered to relieve the congested Indira Gandhi International Airport.
Army gifts T-55 battle tank to Azam Khan’s university in Rampur.
- The Army gifted a Soviet-era T-55 battle tank to a private university run by Samajwadi leader and former UP minister, Azam Khan.
- The battle tank will be displayed at the campus of Mohammad Ali Jauhar University in Rampur.
- According to reports, the battle tank was used in the Battle of Basantar during the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War.
- It was reportedly inducted into the Indian Army in 1968 and was in service till 2011.
- The T-55 battle tank, which weighs 36 tonnes, is equipped with a 100 mm calibre gun and two 7.62 calibre machine guns and one 2.7 mm anti-aircraft gun.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 25 Updates from around the globe.
Google’s doodle celebrates Virginia Woolf on her 136th birthday.
- Today Google celebrates English novelist Virginia Woolf on her 136th birthday with a doodle.
- Almost 77 years after her tragic death, her work still exerts significant influence on the literary world today.
- She was one of the major icons of the feminist movement in the 1970s.
Chinese company launches bike-sharing platform in Indian cities.
- One of China’s leading bicycle-sharing companies has launched operations in India in a move aimed at market for sustainable and environment-friendly urban transport systems.
- Ofo launched its dockless bicycle-sharing services in Pune and Coimbatore this week.
- According to Chinese media, two Beijing-based companies, Mobike and Ofo, are valued at more than US$1 billion and lead the field.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 25 updates by reading the news.
Indian telecom stocks fall after Jio cuts tariffs to counter Airtel data plans.
- Shares of Indian telecom service providers fell on Wednesday after Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd cut tariffs to counter bigger rival Bharti Airtel Ltd’s revision in data plans.
- Bharti Airtel, India’s No.1 mobile carrier, revised its data plans earlier this week.
- Shares of Airtel declined as much as 6.22% to 461.5 rupees on Wednesday, their lowest since October 18, 2017.
Google rolls out audiobooks with Assistant integration on Play Store.
- Taking on Amazon, Google rolled out audiobooks with Google Assistant integration on its Play Store in nine languages across 45 countries, including in India.
- Like Apple’s iBooks and Amazon Audible, there is no monthly subscription fee required to purchase audiobooks.
- The Google Assistant integration with audiobooks is available on Android, iOS, Chromecast, Android Wear, Android Auto or even your laptop.
Science and Technology
NASA astronauts conduct first spacewalk of 2018.
- Two NASA astronauts conducted the first spacewalk of the year while working on a robotic arm.
- Astronauts Scott Tingle and Mark Vande Hei, crew members of the Expedition 54 aboard the International Space Station (ISS), spent about 6.5 hours outside the space station.
- The two astronauts replaced LEE-B with a spare that has been stored outside the ISS since 2009.
- This is the 206th spacewalk conducted by astronauts at the ISS.
Current Affairs Jan 25 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Mascherano joins galaxy of stars in China.
- Argentine international defender Javier Mascherano enters the Chinese Super League’s most high-profile signing in a year.
- Javier Mascherano joined Hebei China Fortune from Barcelona.
- The 33-year-old is the biggest name to head to China since his fellow Argentine Carlos Tevez 12 months ago.
- Mascherano got an official farewell on Wednesday and will say goodbye to fans at Thursday’s Copa del Rey quarter-final, second leg against Espanyol.
Viswanathan Anand beats Gawain Jones in round 10 of Tata Steel chess.
- Viswanathan Anand defeated Gawain Jones in round 10 of the Tata Steel chess at Wijk Aan Zee on Wednesday evening.
- Anand, who was playing with black, got the better of his opponent from England in 40 moves.
- The win, his third in the tournament, meant Anand moved to 6 points from 10 outings.
Leganes knocked out Real Madrid from Copa del Rey.
- Real Madrid crashed to a humiliating Copa del Rey exit on Wednesday when they were knocked out by little Leganes in the quarter-finals.
- European champions Real lost 2-1 in the second leg at their Bernabeu home as the tie finished 2-2 on aggregate.
- I am responsible for all of this. It’s a failure for me, said Zidane who recently signs a contract extension till 2020.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 25:
|Current Affairs | 24-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 23-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our current affairs 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This latest current affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Jan 25.