Latest Current Affairs Jan 26
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 26.
The Jaipur Literature Festival 2018 begins today.
- The annual Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) began in Rajasthan.
- It was inaugurated by former Rajasthan governor Margaret Alva and British-born American essayist and novelist Pico Iyer.
- Poetry will be a dominant theme at 2018 JLF.
- The event will be held at Diggi Palace, Amber Fort and Hawa Mahal of Rajasthan.
Labour Ministry Plans to Issue UWIN Cards.
- The labour ministry will begin a drive in April to register over 47 crore unorganised sector workers and provide them with Unorganised Worker Index Number or UWIN Card.
- It aims to bring them under the social security net and it also to provide the benefits of various social security schemes run by retirement fund body EPFO and state health insurer ESIC.
- The UWIN Card would have a unique number which would be seeded with Aadhaar.
10 ASEAN Leaders to attend India’s Republic Day Celebration.
- The Country celebrates its 69th Republic Day on 26th January in Rajpath, New Delhi.
- The heads of ten ASEAN countries are chief guests at this Republic Day.
- The family members of Corporal Jyoti Prakash Nirala (Posthumous) of the Indian Air Force (IAF) received India’s highest peacetime gallantry award, Ashok Chakra.
Priyanka to be an ambassador of Harman Int.
- Harman International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., announced that actor Priyanka Chopra will be its global brand ambassador.
- The company said that the actor will be the face of the company for JBL and Harman Kardon audio brands.
- Harman International deals with connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets.
Sushma Swaraj inaugurated the Bharat-ASEAN Maitri Park in Delhi.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurated the Bharat-ASEAN Maitri Park in the national capital.
- ASEAN Secretary-General Le Luong Minh also attended the event, held at the Tughlaq Crescent, in the heart of Lutyens’ Delhi.
- The two-day summit will give a boost to India-ASEAN cooperation in key areas of counter-terrorism, security and connectivity.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 26 Updates from around the globe.
Japan commits Rs 2,587 cr loan to Bengaluru water supply project.
- The Central government said the Japanese government has committed to an official development assistance loan of approximately Rs 2,587 crore for Phase 3 (I) of the Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Project.
- According to an official statement, this project will provide residents of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagar Palike area in Karnataka.
- The Government of Japan has committed JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) Official Development Assistance loan for an amount of Yen 45 billion (for the project.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 26 updates by reading the news.
India Ranks 177 In EPI 2018.
- India ranks 177th position among 180 countries in the Environmental Performance Index 2018.
- The list was released by Yale and Columbia universities along with the world economic forum.
- The report was released during the ongoing world economic forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Vodafone And Flipkart Tie Up For 4G Smartphones.
- Vodafone India has partnered with e-commerce marketplace Flipkart to provide a range of entry-level 4G smartphones.
- It has been planned to sell at an effective price of ₹999.
- Vodafone has rolled out cash-back offers on a select range of entry-level 4G smartphone models available under Flipkart’s #MyFirst4GSmartphone campaign.
Govt Collects Rs 86,703 Cr Under GST In December.
- The total revenue collection under GST for December 2017 (received up to January 24) was ₹86,703 crore.
- Nearly one crore taxpayers have been registered under GST till January 24, 2018, announced by Finance Ministry.
- Average monthly collection in past five months is about ₹74,000 crore.
Read latest Appointment news on Current Affairs Jan 26.
Narayanan takes the appointment as Director of ISROs Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre.
- Senior scientist Dr V Narayanan takes charge as Director of ISRO’s Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC).
- He succeeded S Somanath appointed as Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC).
- He played a vital role in the successful launch of GSLV Mk III vehicle in its maiden attempt in 2017 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SHAR), Sriharikota.
Usha Ananthasubramanian becomes first woman chairman of IBA.
- Ananthasubramanian, MD and CEO, Allahabad Bank, take the appointment as the first woman chairman of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA).
- Usha was elected IBA Chairman for the year 2017-18 by its Managing Committee.
- IBA Chairman’s position fell vacant following the superannuation of Jatinder Bir Singh.
- Rajnish Kumar, Chairman, State Bank of India, takes the appointment as Deputy Chairman of IBA for the year 2017-18.
Ministry Of Road Transport & Highways Inks With IL&FS
- A MoU was signed between National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation (NHIDCL) under the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, and Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) Ltd.
- It is for the construction of the 14.150 km long, 2-lane bi-directional Zojila Tunnel in Jammu & Kashmir.The total capital cost of the project is Rs 6808.69 crore.
- This would be India’s longest road tunnel and the longest bi-directional tunnel in Asia. The construction of this tunnel will provide all-weather connectivity between Srinagar, Kargil and Leh.
NSIC Inks Pact With Malaysia’s SME Corporation.
- National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) signed a MoU with SME Corporation Malaysia for an exchange of information and cooperation.
- The two entities will also work together for improving the competitiveness of Indian and Malaysian MSMEs in global markets.
- Another agreement was also signed between Orchid Life (Malaysia) and Vimta Labs (India).
Govt Announces Padma Awards 2018.
- The awards Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri are announced on the eve of the Republic Day every year.
- They are given in different fields and disciplines such as art, literature and education, sports, medicine, social work, science and engineering, public affairs, civil service, trade and industry.
- The nominations are placed before the Padma Awards Committee, constituted by the prime minister.
Current Affairs Jan 26 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Tamil Nadu clinches men’s crown
- Tamil Nadu beat Services by 94-86, in the final to emerge the men’s champion of the senior National basketball championship at the Nehru indoor stadium.
- This is Tamil Nadu’s tenth title in the men’s category.
- Railways beat Chhattisgarh 100-71 in the women’s final for its 28th title in 32 years. Captain P.U. Navaneetha top-scored with 30 points.
Bengali Actor Supriya Choudhury Passed Away.
- Famous actress Supriya Devi passed away. She hails from West Bengal.
- Supriya Devi acted in 45 Bengali films till 2006 with her last film being The Namesake. She is a Padma Shri award winner.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 27:
|Current Affairs | 25-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 24-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our current affairs 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This latest current affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Jan 26.