Latest Current Affairs Jan 29
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 29.
Indian Railway launches first touch-screen inquiry systems for passengers at New Delhi station.
- The Railways launched a one of its kind touch-screens for answering all queries of passengers including about navigation for accessing various facilities available at the New Delhi railway station.
- Chairman Railway Board Ashwani Lohani launched the ‘Rail Yatri Guide Kiosk’ at the station, designed by the Delhi division.
- The system comprises touch-screen kiosks with a 40-inch display of 3D-digitized railway station map and helps the passenger at the touch of the screen.
Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur launches ‘Shakti’ app for women’s safety.
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the ‘Shakti’ app, which comes with a panic button, for women’s safety here.
- The development of the app is done by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) of the Himachal Pradesh government.
- Once triggered, the app would automatically send a message to the nearest police control room and start recording audio and video after 20 seconds.
- The chief minister also launched the ‘GUDDIYA’ helpline number 1515 and the ‘Hoshiyar Singh’ helpline number 1090.
PM lauds ‘nari shakti’ in year’s 1st radio talk.
- Drawing upon India’s tradition of ‘vidushis’, women exponents and champions of the Vedic period, PM Narendra Modi hailed the role of women in his first ‘Mann Ki Baat’ of the year.
- The PM began with a tribute to Nasa astronaut Kalpana Chawla, who died on February 1, 2003, in the Columbia space shuttle disaster.
- Today, our Nari shakti is assuming leadership roles. It is becoming self-reliant Modi added.
Budget Session 2018: Economic Survey to be tabled today.
- The Economic Survey of India will take place in both houses of Parliament as the budget session is set to commence today.
- President Ram Nath Kovind’s address to a joint sitting of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha on Monday will mark the beginning of the Budget Session 2018.
- The Economic Survey is the ministry’s view on the annual economic development of the country.
- The Budget session of the Parliament will take place from January 29 to April 6.
- The first phase will take place from January 29 to February 9 and the second phase from March 5 to April 6.
- The finance minister will present the Union Budget 2018 for the fiscal year 2018-19 on February 1.
Manipur CM awards Rs 20 lakh to Mirabai Chanu.
- Chief minister N Biren Singh on Saturday handed over Rs 20 lakh to world weightlifting champion Saikhom Mirabai Chanu as appreciation and encouragement for her recent achievement.
- He also assured Chanu that she will be offered a suitable government job soon.
- He said it is a proud moment for all of us that Mirabai Chanu became the first Indian after 22 years to claim a gold medal in the 48-kg category at the World Weightlifting Championship.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 29 Updates from around the globe.
Australia plans to enter top ten defence export countries.
- The Australian government announced on Monday a new strategy to boost Australia into the ranks of the top 10 defence industry exporting countries within a decade.
- The government will create a 3.8 billion Australian dollar (USD 3.1 billion) fund to lend to exporters that banks are reluctant to finance.
- Australia is the 20th largest defence exporter with most of its exports including the Bushmaster armoured vehicle and the Nulka missile decoy.
China approves the technical plan for 600 kmph maglev train.
- China has approved a technical plan to build magnetic levitation train which can run at 600 kmph, said state-run CRRC Qingdao Sifang Co Ltd.
- After queries and discussion, the reviewing team affirmed the plan and approved it unanimously on January 25.
- The project is one of 18 national key research and development plans set by the Ministry of Science and Technology in 2016.
- As a new and cutting-edge transit technology, high-speed magnetic levitation railway has attracted huge attention.
- China has already built about 25,000 kms network of high-speed trains which travels at about 350 kmph.
Japan Finance Minister hails Indo-Japan ties in 2017.
- Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono has hailed the remarkable progress of Indo-Japan strategic ties in 2017, describing it as a great year for bilateral relations.
- He said I would like to express my heartfelt congratulations on the occasion of India’s Republic Day and to express my appreciation to our host Ambassador Chinoy and Mrs Chinoy.
- Japan and India are strategic partners that share values such as democracy, human rights and rule of law.
- India is one of the most important partners in promoting our Free and Open Indo-Pacific Strategy.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 29 updates by reading the news.
Google Clips, the $249 AI-powered clip-on camera goes on sale.
- Google Clips camera that uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to figure out when it should take a picture or video, is now available for purchase on the Google Store.
- However, the delivery of $249 tiny clip-on camera will not be done immediately.
- The clip-on camera itself automatically adjusts its resolution according to the situation and has a 130-degree lens to fit more of the scene in the frame.
Apple might launch four iPhones this year, including one with a large OLED display.
- Even as we are months away from the launch of new iPhones, details about the upcoming iPhones keep coming in.
- According to a report in DigiTimes, Apple will be launching two iPhones with LCD panel and two with OLED panels.
- The report claims that iPhones with LCD panels will come with 5.7-inch or 5.8-inch screen size and a larger 6-inch or 6.1-inch display.
Current Affairs Jan 29 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Chris Gayle goes to Kings XI Punjab, Rajasthan Royals stage up with Jaydev Unadkat bid.
- Unsold on the first day of the auction, Chris Gayle goes to Kings XI Punjab for Rs 2 crore.
- While Jaydev Unadkat becomes the costliest Indian with a bid of Rs 11.5 crore.
- A total of four players from Afghanistan were bought during the two days of the auction.
Weeping Roger Federer hails emotional 20th grand slam title.
- Even after 20 grand slam titles, the tears gushing down Roger Federer’s cheeks after winning his sixth Australian Open crown on Sunday.
- Having regained control to put down sixth seed Marin Cilic under a closed roof at Rod Laver Arena, Federer promptly lost it at the end of his victory speech.
Suresh Raina recalled for South Africa T20Is.
- Suresh Raina is named in the India squad for the South Africa T20I series which will take place next month.
- Raina returns to the national setup after the last playing against England in February last year, also in a T20I series.
- Pacer Shardul Thakur keeps has also been recalled but youngsters Shreyas Iyer, Basil Thampi, Mohammed Siraj, Deepak Hooda and Washington Sundar have been dropped.
Know the Obituary Updates by reading Current Affairs Jan 29
Ikea founder Ingvar Kamprad dies at 91.
- Ikea founder Ingvar Kamprad, who built a global business empire and known for his contempt for taxes, died aged 91.
- Born in 1926 in the southern Swedish region of Smaland, Kamprad founded the company at age 17.
- In 1973 he fled Sweden’s higher tax structure for Denmark before seeking even lower taxes in Switzerland.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 27:
|Current Affairs | 28-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 27-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our current affairs 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This latest current affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Jan 29.