Current Affairs Jan 3 2018
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 3.
Amit Shah’s maiden speech in Parliament likely to be on GST.
- BJP chief Amit Shah is likely to deliver his maiden speech in Parliament today.
- He will deliver when the Rajya Sabha debates a GST bill, which was passed by the Lok Sabha last week.
- GST legislation seeks to replace an ordinance issued in September to give effect to certain decisions of the GST Council.
- Shah had made his maiden entry to Parliament during the session as a Rajya Sabha member.
Maneka Gandhi launches NARI, one portal for all schemes for women.
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi launched a web portal, NARI.
- It will provide information on all government schemes for women.
- Users can log on to www.nari.nic.in to access information on different programmes offered by various state governments as well as the Centre.
- The NARI portal carries details on 350 different schemes for women and will be updated from time to time.
- The minister said the government will initiate a trial run of mobile phones with a panic button from January 26 in Uttar Pradesh.
Sushma Swaraj to visit Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore.
- As India marks 25 years of its partnership with Asean external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj will visit Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore from January 4-8.
- Sushma Swaraj will visit Thailand during the course she will hold a meeting with Thai Minister of Foreign Affairs Don Pramudwinai.
- During her Indonesia visit, Sushma Swaraj will co-chair the fifth meeting of the India-Indonesia Joint Commission with her Indonesian counterpart Retno Marsudi.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Jan 3 updates which are trending in the country.
Parliament passes Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code Amendment Bill.
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley said the government has entered into an unchartered territory as far as bankruptcy and insolvency Code.
- The objective of the bill is to allow creditors to move to the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) in case of insolvency.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2017 Bill was passed by the Lok Sabha last week.
Surat first to have CCTV cameras in courtrooms.
- The lower and districts courts of Surat have become the first in the state to install closed-circuit television cameras inside the courtrooms.
- A total of 57 cameras have been installed which became operational from Tuesday.
- A bench of Justice A K Goel and Justice U U Lalit had said that installation of CCTV cameras in the courts would be of larger public interest, discipline and security.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 3 Updates from around the globe.
Iran reopens all border posts with Iraqi Kurdistan.
- Iran reopened the last two border posts with Iraqi Kurdistan that it closed in response to an independence vote rejected by Baghdad and neighbouring countries.
- A Kurdish spokesman at Parwezkhan confirmed the post had reopened officially after receiving a mail from the Iranian side.
- Iran first announced on December 18 the reopening of all its border posts with Iraqi Kurdistan, without setting a specific date.
China to invest $1 billion in mega Sri Lanka project.
- China will invest $1 billion in the construction of three 60-storey buildings at a mega-project near Sri Lanka’s main port, Colombo.
- The deal follows an earlier Chinese investment of $1.4 billion to carry out reclamation work for the wider Colombo International Financial City development.
- Sri Lankan officials said 60 percent of the 269-hectare reclamation, due to finish next year complete with the yacht marina, had already been completed.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 3 updates by reading the news.
Samsung will lead premium TV shipments in 2018.
- The global market for premium televisions sized 75-inches and above is set to rise sharply in 2018, led by South Korean tech major Samsung Electronics Co.
- According to the data by industry tracker, the global sales of such televisions was anticipated to reach 1.69 million units in 2018.
- Samsung is estimated to have sold 151,800 units of TVs in the third quarter, followed by Japan-based Sony Corp with 79,700 units.
Apple could buy Netflix rather than launch streaming service, say Citi analysts.
- Analysts think Apple could buy Netflix rather than open its own video streaming service, as the company has lots of cash.
- According to Citi analysts, Jim Suva and Asiya Merchant, there is a 40 percent likelihood that Apple will acquire Netflix.
- Under the new taxing rules, the tech giant will be able to repatriate about $220 billion in cash to the US.
Appointment news with complete details on Jan 3 Current Affairs
AB Mathur takes the appointment as interlocutor for talks with ULFA.
- The Centre announced the appointment of AB Mathur as the interlocutor on their behalf to hold talks with the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA).
- The 1975-batch IPS officer, Mathur served as the former special secretary of the Research and Analysis Wing.
- ULFA is a separatist outfit operating in Assam for the indigenous Assamese and seeks to establish a sovereign Assam with an armed struggle in the Assam conflict.
Former RAW chief Rajinder Khanna appointed deputy NSA.
- Rajinder Khanna, a former chief of the country’s external intelligence agency RAW, was appointed as the Deputy National Security Adviser (NSA).
- He headed the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) from December 2014 for a fixed two-year period.
- Khanna is at present Officer on Special Duty (Neighbourhood Studies) in the National Security Council Secretariat.
Retirements and Resignations News
Bitcoin marketplace NiceHash CEO resigns.
- Marko Kobal the co-founder of Slovenian Cryptocurrency mining market NiceHash has stepped down as the company’s CEO.
- The marketplace has appointed Zdravko Poljasevic as the new CEO who did not previously have a position at the company.
- In December, the marketplace announced that hackers wiped out its entire Bitcoin wallet, resulting in a loss of $63 million.
Current Affairs Jan 3 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Diego Costa returns to Atletico Madrid bearing high expectations.
- The expectations are high in the Spanish capital that Diego Costa can again make Atletico a title winner.
- Costa helped the team win the 2013 Copa del Rey to win the competition in the last 13 years.
- Costa also led Atletico to the first of two Champions League finals in the last four years.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 2:
|Current Affairs | 02-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 01-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.