Latest Current Affairs Jan 30
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 30.
ADR report shows BJP received 89% of corporate donations in 2016-17.
- The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) continues to be the favourite among corporate donors, getting Rs 290 crore of the Rs 325.27 crore donated to 10 political parties through electoral trusts in 2016-17.
- A report by the Association for Democratic Reforms says BJP received Rs 290 crore in donations while the nine other political parties, including the Congress, SAD, Samajwadi Party got Rs 35 crore through electoral trusts.
- For its report, the ADR scrutinised the details furnished by all the 21 electoral trusts registered with the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
Faridabad second most polluted city in the country, Gurgaon stands at 12th.
- A report on air pollution data compiled by Greenpeace India revels cities of Gurgaon and Faridabad were among the most polluted cities in the country.
- The report revealed that the average level of PM10 in Faridabad was 272 making it the second most-polluted city in the country.
- Though Gurgaon fared better than Faridabad, the PM10 level stood at 227 making it the 12th most polluted city in the country.
- The list of most polluted cities in the country was topped by Delhi, with the PM10 level at 290.
Foundation stone for Bandhwari waste unit likely to take place on Feb 15.
- The foundation stone for the waste-to-energy (WTE) treatment plant at Bandhwari is likely to take place on February 15.
- The MCG has started work at the Bandhwari landfill and a date for laying the foundation stone for the WTE plant.
- A waste-to-energy plant and a leachate treatment plant have been proposed at the site.
- The WTE will start its operations from June 2019 onwards.
- The estimated cost of the project is around Rs430 crore.
Sushma Swaraj to visit Nepal this week.
- External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj will travel to Kathmandu on Thursday to hold discussions with Nepal’s political leaders on issues of mutual interest.
- Swaraj’s two-day visit, which comes ahead of the formation of a new government by a Communist alliance headed by CPN-UML chief and former prime minister KP Oli.
- It further said that the visit is in keeping with the tradition of regular high-level political exchanges between India and Nepal.
JD(U)’s Sharad Yadav faction to launch new party in February.
- Sharad Yadav faction of JD (U) on Monday said that it would launch a new party ‘Loktantrik Janta Dal’ (LJD) in New Delhi on February 20.
- National general secretary of Sharad faction of JD(U) Arun Srivastava said here that they submitted three names Samajwadi Janta Dal, Aapna Janta Dal and Loktantrik Janta Dal (LJD) before the Election Commission (EC) for its mandatory approval.
- Shrivastava said the EC officials have assured them of approving one of the three names within a day or two.
- He said the new party will take a launch at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi on February 20 with the participation of around 10,000 delegates from different parts of the country.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 30 Updates from around the globe.
North Korea cancels the joint performance with South Korea.
- North Korea has cancelled a joint cultural performance with South Korea scheduled for February 4 blaming South Korean media.
- The North said it has to call off the performance, which was to be held in the North Korean territory of Mount Kumgang, as South Korean media continued to insult what Pyongyang called “sincere”.
- Early in January, North and South Korea launched rare talks to bring North Koreans to the Pyeongchang Winter Olympic.
India Institute launched at Birmingham University.
- The University of Birmingham on Monday launched its India Institute that will focus on teaching, research, policy analysis.
- Called the “University of Birmingham India Institute”, its commemorative plaque was unveiled by Indian high commissioner YK Sinha.
- The University of Birmingham is a civic university with a global outlook and there exists a special bond between Birmingham and India.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 30 updates by reading the news.
Alibaba, Foxconn lead $350 million in funding for Chinese electric car startup.
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and Foxconn Technology Co Ltd have led a 2.2-billion-yuan funding round in Chinese electric car maker Xiaopeng Motors.
- The latest injection brings the startup company’s total funding to 5 billion yuan.
- Xiaopeng, which debuted its electric car at CES in Las Vegas this month, is one of several Chinese start-ups looking to speed up development of battery-powered technology.
Nokia introduces ReefShark 5G chipsets, will start shipping in Q3.
- Nokia is introducing new silicon chipsets – the building blocks of its next-generation 5G network gear.
- Finland’s Nokia, the world’s No. 2 maker of mobile network gear behind China’s Huawei said the chipsets are set to ship in volume in the third quarter.
- This chipset can be inserted into its existing AirScale family of 4G and 5G-ready network gear.
- Dubbed ReefShark, Nokia said the chipsets triple capacity to 84 gigabits per second from 28 gigabits in its existing chip modules.
OPPO partners Qualcomm to make 5G-ready smartphones.
- Chinese smartphone maker OPPO announced a partnership with global chip-maker Qualcomm to make 5G-ready mobile phones.
- As part of the 5G Pioneer Initiative, Qualcomm will provide comprehensive solutions such as the radio frequency front-end field to OPPO.
- OPPO plans to launch 5G mobile phones in 2019.
Know the latest Agreements Updates by reading Current Affairs Jan 30
China, Pakistan ink 6 agreements for the development of Gwadar port.
- Pakistan and China signed six agreements on Monday for the development of Gwadar port.
- Representatives from the two countries signed five agreements and a memorandum of understanding in the presence of Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi.
- Prime Minister Shahid Abbasi inaugurated the Gwadar Free Zone, with state media describing it as another milestone in efforts to transform the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor into reality.
Vijay Keshav Gokhale takes the appointment as foreign secretary.
- Vijay Keshav Gokhale, who is expert on China and East Asia, took charge as India’s foreign secretary.
- Gokhale will be in the post for the next two years.
- A 1981-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, Gokhale succeeds S Jaishankar.
- Gokhale served as secretary (economic relations) in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) before taking up the new role.
- He was India’s Ambassador to China from January 20, 2016, to October 21, 2017, before moving back to the MEA headquarters.
Current Affairs Jan 30 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Beckham formally handed Miami MLS franchise.
- Former England captain David Beckham was officially awarded a Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise in Miami.
- MLS Commissioner Don Garber said it is with tremendous pride that we welcome Miami to Major League Soccer.
- Beckham first announced his plan for a team in the South Florida city four years ago but has faced a series of problems in finding a suitable venue.
Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge moves to West Brom on loan.
- Liverpool’s England forward Daniel Sturridge has joined West Bromwich Albion on loan until the end of the season.
- Sturridge has scored 63 goals in 133 appearances for Liverpool after joining from Chelsea in January 2013.
- West Brom is second-bottom of the league with 20 points from 24 games, three points outside the safety zone.
Australia to host World T20 in 2020 across eight cities.
- Eight cities across Australia will host the T20 World Cup in 2020 with the tournament to commence on October 18 and the final on November 15.
- The women’s event kickstarts on February 21 and goes on until March 8.
- Both finals will take place at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
- Australia is extremely happy for hosting the ICC World T20 tournaments in 2020.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 30:
|Current Affairs | 29-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 28-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our current affairs 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This latest current affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Jan 30.