Daily Current Affairs Jan 31
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 31.
Rahul Gandhi to kick-start poll campaign in Karnataka on Feb 10.
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi will kick-start his electioneering for the coming assembly polls in Karnataka on February 10.
- Karnataka PCC chief G Parameshwara said Rahul Gandhi would launch the campaign at Hospet on February 10 by addressing a rally there.
- Next day, he will travel to Koppal, Yadgiri, Raichur and Kalburgi by bus, he told reporters here, adding, he would visit parts of the state on February 12.
Defence budget unlikely to go up.
- India’s defence budget for 2018-19 will largely account for only inflation and currency fluctuations.
- The defence budget will be largely focused on building the country’s military capabilities, especially on its northern borders with China as well as on boosting maritime security in the Indian Ocean.
- According to the officials, India’s capital defence expenditure is to the tune of 28% of the government’s total capital expenditure.
- According to the figures accessed by HT, the defence ministry has utilised 90% of the capital outlay and 82.6% of the 2017-18 revenue budget.
Yashwant Sinha launches political platform Rashtra Manch, Shatrughan joins in.
- After months of snapping at the Bharatiya Janata Party, a disgruntled Yashwant Sinha launched a political platform, joined by a number of politicians led by MP Shatrughan Sinha.
- The new political platform Rashtra Manch seeks to take on the Centre and would start a movement against its policies.
- RLD leader Jayant Chaudhary and former Union ministers Som Pal and Harmohan Dhawan were also present.
Himachal Pradesh launches a new model to help distressed farmers.
- Himachal Pradesh governor Acharya Devvrat launched zero budget natural farming (ZBNF) project in the presence of chief minister Jai Ram Thakur, ministers and MLAs at CSK Agriculture University.
- Under this model, a mixture of cow dung, cow urine, gram flour and jaggery (gud) is used to make a fertilizer.
- The governor said it is high time to leave aside the bookish knowledge and protect agriculture in India.
- He said the use of chemicals is destroying the soil quality and health of citizens across the country.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 31 Updates from around the globe.
Pakistan extends Munabao-Khokhrapar rail link for three years.
- Pakistan has extended for another three years an agreement with India on linking the two countries through Munabao-Khokhrapar rail line.
- The agreement was signed in 2006 and the rail link facilitates people-to-people contacts, which Pakistan believes are essential for improving relations between the two countries.
- The Government of Pakistan has agreed to extend the agreement of the rail link between Munabao (India)- Khokhrapar (Pakistan) for another three years from February 1, 2018 to January 31, 2021.
- The Khokhrapar-Munabao train service connects Pakistan’s southern Sindh province and Rajasthan.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 31 updates by reading the news.
Petrol, diesel prices largely aligned to global rates.
- Indian Oil Corp (IOC) Chairman Sanjiv Singh said Petrol and diesel prices in India are to a “large extent” aligned to international rates.
- The prices are revised daily based on the 15-day rolling average rate of their international benchmark, he said.
- He said prices in international markets have been fluctuating and are being reflected in domestic rates.
- By some accounts, as much as 45 paisa increases warranted in petrol and diesel rates was not passed on.
Microsoft acquires cloud-based gaming start-up PlayFab.
- Microsoft has acquired gaming start-up PlayFab for an undisclosed sum and will integrate its services into an Azure platform to help developers build better games.
- PlayFab powers more than 1,200 live games and has served over 700 million players.
- PlayFab technology is being used by entertainment companies like Disney, NBC Universal, Wizards of the Coast, Nickelodeon, Bandai Namco, Rovio and Capcom.
A report says with $8,230 billion, India is world’s 6th wealthiest country.
- India has been ranked sixth in the list of wealthiest countries with a total wealth of $8,230 billion, while the United States topped the chart, says a report.
- According to a report by New World Wealth, the United States is the wealthiest country in the world as the total wealth held in 2017 amounted to $64,584 billion.
- It is followed by China at the second place with $ 24,803 billion and Japan with $19,522 billion at third.
- The report further noted that India was the best-performing wealth market globally in 2017 as its total wealth swelled from $6,584 billion in 2016 to $8,230 billion in 2017.
Ola to expand to the Australian market.
- Ride-hailing company Ola has announced its maiden entry into a foreign territory with a foray into the Australia market.
- The seven-year-old company said it has started on-boarding private hire vehicles (PHVs) and driver-partners in three Australian cities.
- The Australian foray will see Ola facing its familiar competitor, Uber. Both have been engaged in a fiercely competitive battle in the Indian market.
Know the latest Awards Updates by reading Current Affairs Jan 31
NITI Aayog member Dr Vinod Paul wins the global award.
- NITI Aayog member Dr Vinod Paul was awarded the Ihsan Dogramaci Family Health Foundation Prize by the Executive Board of the World Health Organization.
- The former professor at AIIMS, Delhi, is the first Indian to win the award that recognises work in the field of family health.
- He will be conferred the prize formally at a World Health Assembly event in May.
Lt. Gen Anil Chauhan takes charge as DGMO of Indian Army.
- Lt. Gen Anil Chauhan, who has vast experience in counter-insurgency operations, on Tuesday took charge as the new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army.
- He succeeds Lt General A K Bhatt who will assume charge of the Srinagar-based 15 Corps.
- Lt Gen Chauhan has held several important posts in the Army and is known for his expertise in counter-insurgency operations in Jammu and Kashmir and the Northeast.
Current Affairs Jan 31 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Man City sign French defender Aymeric Laporte.
- Manchester City completed a club record deal for Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte on Tuesday.
- City tweeted the announcement of the reported £57 million ($80 million, 65 million euros) deal with the message “Defensive reinforcements acquired!”.
- The 23-year-old Frenchman is Guardiola’s sixth signing of the 2017/18 season and has joined in a deal until 2023.
WWE signs Shadia Bseiso, first woman wrestler from the Arab world.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) signed its first female performer from the Arab world.
- Shadia Bseiso, a Jordanian versed in jiu-jitsu, dreams of encouraging more Arab women to take up sports and of one day maybe even crashing a metal chair over WWE mega-star John Cena.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 31:
|Current Affairs | 30-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 29-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current updates from above links. You can read some latest Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Make use of our current affairs India 2018 for better scoring in exams. Users will be benefited with the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in this Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This current affairs daily page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru. Make use of Current Affairs Jan 31.