Current Affairs Jan 4 2018
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 4.
Union minister Hardeep Puri files Rajya Sabha nomination from Uttar Pradesh.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has fielded Union minister of the state of housing and urban affairs Hardeep Singh Puri as its Rajya Sabha candidate from Uttar Pradesh.
- The 65-year-old leader, belonging to the second biggest minority group in UP, filed the nomination for the seat vacated by former defence minister Manohar Parrikar.
- With the BJP having more numbers, his election is a mere formality.
Isro working on the design of Small Satellite Launch Vehicle.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is working on the design of a Small Satellite Launch Vehicle which would be a compact launcher exclusively for smaller satellites.
- The small launch vehicle is likely to reduce the cost for launching satellites in the competitive space technology market.
- When Isro launched a record 104 satellites in February last year, except the Cartosat-2, all were small satellites.
Cabinet approves Zojila Pass tunnel project.
- The Union Cabinet approved the construction of Asia’s longest bi-directional Zojila Pass tunnel at an estimated cost of Rs 6,089 crore.
- Zojila pass is situated at an altitude of 11,578 feet on Srinagar-Kargil-Leh National Highway which remains closed during winters due to heavy snowfall.
- It will reduce the travel time through Zojila Pass to 15 minutes from the current 3.5 hours.
- The main objective of the project is to provide all-weather connectivity to strategically important Leh region in Jammu and Kashmir.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Jan 4 updates which are trending in the country.
Railways to install GPS devices on 2,700 electric locomotives.
- In a bid to provide real-time train information, the government plans to install GPS devices on over 2,700 electric locomotives by December 2018.
- Railway Ministry in collaboration with Indian Space Research Organisation is implementing Real-Time Train Information System (RTIS) which involves tracking of the train by placing GPS/GAGAN.
- In Phase one, the RTIS project will cover about 2,700 electric locomotives in which the GPS device will be installed.
Assamese, Manipuri first North-East languages to feature on PMO website.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s official website, www.pmindia.gov.in, is available in thirteen languages with Assamese and Manipuri scripts getting pride of place on the website.
- Assam and Manipur have now become the first states from the northeast to be featured on this list.
- The website is available in Hindi and English, apart from eleven regional languages.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to launch nutrition mission.
- The first phase of National Nutrition Mission (NMM) is expected to be launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Jhunjhunu on January 22.
- In the first phase, 315 districts from different states will be taken up. In the second, 235 districts will be covered in 2018-19.
- The key objectives of NMM are to prevent and reduce stunting in children prevent and reduce undernutrition in children.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 4 Updates from around the globe.
Pakistan test-fires naval cruise missile ‘Harba’.
- The Pakistan Navy on Wednesday said it successfully test-fired the indigenously developed ‘Harba’ naval cruise missile.
- The Pakistan Navy said the missile is capable of hitting its target from surface to surface and ground assault.
- The indigenously-built missile was launched from PNS Himmat and it successfully hit the target.
High-tech ship en route to resuming the hunt for MH370.
- A high-tech vessel run by a US exploration firm is en route to resume the hunt for flight MH370 in a new bid to solve one of aviation’s greatest mysteries.
- The Malaysia Airlines jet disappeared with 239 people on board in March 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing after diverting from its flight path.
Beijing meets 2017 air pollution target set under 2013 clean-up plan.
- China capital Beijing met its air quality targets last year following a crackdown on polluters and a sustained period of favourable weather.
- The Chinese capital was ordered to cut PM2.5 concentrations to less than 60 micrograms as part of a 2013 action plan.
- The city has since closed nearly 2,000 factories in the cement, foundry and furniture-making sectors and eliminated over 2 million high-emission vehicles over the past five years.
First Blue Moon total eclipse in 150 years to occur this month.
- A rare total lunar eclipse that involves the second full moon of the month popularly referred to as a Blue Moon is set to take place on January 31 for the first time in over 150 years.
- For the Indian subcontinent, the Middle East and Eastern Europe, the eclipse will already be underway as the Moon rises
- The Pacific Ocean will be turned towards the Moon at the time and the eclipse will take place during the middle of the night.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 4 updates by reading the news.
Amazon shipped over 5 billion items in 2017 via Prime service.
- Online retailer Amazon said it has shipped over 5 billion items worldwide via its subscription-based Prime service in 2017.
- The e-commerce giant, which revealed its Prime shipment numbers for the first time, did not give comparable full-year shipment number for 2016.
- Amazon claimed that its Fire TV Stick and voice-controlled smart device Echo Dot were the best-selling products among the U.S.
Micromax to launch first Android Go smartphone this month.
- Micromax is going to be the first company to launch Android Oreo Go-based smartphone in India.
- The smartphone will be priced at Rs 5,000 and will come with features such as 4G and VoLTE support.
- The company is planning to launch the phone on January 26.
China to set up $2 billion AI Research Park in Beijing.
- Beijing is planning to build a 13.8-billion-yuan artificial intelligence development park in the city’s west.
- The AI park will house up to 400 enterprises and have an estimated annual output of 50 billion yuan.
- China aims to grow the local industry to over 150 billion yuan by 2020 and 400 billion yuan by 2025, according to the State Council.
Apple acquires Canada-based app development service buddybuild.
- Apple has acquired Canadian start-up buddybuild, a mobile iteration platform focused on building integration and debugging tools for iOS developers.
- The acquisition is expected to boost Apple’s efforts to ramp up its app ecosystem and developer community.
- buddybuild is very popular among the developers including both iOS and Android.
Appointment news with complete details on Jan 4 Current Affairs
Senior IPS officer Abhay takes the appointment as NCB chief.
- Senior IPS officer Abhay has taken charge as the new chief of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
- Abhay was till now working in the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) as additional DG.
- He has had a seven-year stint with the CBI in the past apart from heading the crime branch and special branch of the Odisha Police.
Cabinet approves Indo-Myanmar agreement on the land border crossing.
- The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved an agreement between India and Myanmar on the land border crossing.
- The government said it will enhance economic interaction between people of the two countries.
- The agreement will safeguard the traditional rights of the largely tribal communities residing along the border.
Current Affairs Jan 4 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
New Zealand reclaims top spot in ICC T20I team rankings.
- New Zealand regained the top rank in the ICC rankings for teams in T20Is after beating West Indies in the two-match T20I series.
- Pakistan was the number one ranked team in the world before this series followed by India.
- New Zealand now has 126 points at the top.
Colin Munro became the first to hit three T20I centuries.
- Colin Munro became the first player from any country to score three centuries in Twenty20 Internationals.
- Munro surpassed the West Indies’ Chris Gayle and Evin Lewis, India’s Rohit Sharma and New Zealand’s Brendon McCullum, who all have two centuries in T20 Internationals.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 4:
|Current Affairs | 03-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 02-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.