Current Affairs Jan 6 2018
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 6.
Mamata launches West Bengal govt’s official emblem.
- The West Bengal government launched its official emblem, conceptualized and designed by chief minister Mamata Banerjee.
- Mamata Banerjee says the state emblem the “Biswa Bangla” logo with Ashoka Pillar of the national emblem will be used in all the official works and documents of the Bengal government from now on.
- The state cabinet has already cleared a proposal to name the state of West Bengal as ‘Bangla’ in September last year.
10 Himachal Pradesh districts get new deputy commissioners.
- The BJP government on Friday transferred deputy commissioners of 10 districts along with 32 other IAS officers.
- There is no change in the deputy commissioners of Kullu and Una districts. Four IAS officers have got the new additional charge.
- While R M Thakur takes the appointment as new deputy commissioner of Mandi, Amit Kashyap is the new deputy commissioner of Shimla.
Himachal Pradesh to set up women helpline.
- Himachal Pradesh chief minister Jai Ram Thakur announced to set up a round-the-clock women helpline.
- He also announced to set up a special crime cell in all three police range offices to report any crime against women.
- He said the Atal Helpline for zero tolerance against corruption would be also be launched soon.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Jan 6 updates which are trending in the country.
Naveen Patnaik launches online registration system for the safety of senior citizens.
- Chief minister Naveen Patnaik launched a web-based application that will help elderly people, staying alone in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack, to enrol themselves under senior citizen security cell (SCSC) system of the commissionerate police.
- Police said elderly people now need not endure the pain of visiting police stations to register their names under the SCSC scheme.
- The SCSC system, which was introduced in a handful of police stations in 2009, now covers all the 20 police stations in Bhubaneswar and 18 in Cuttack.
Mukesh Agnihotri is new CLP leader in Himachal Pradesh.
- Four-time MLA and former minister Mukesh Agnihotri will be the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) leader in Himachal Pradesh.
- The 55-year-old Agnihotri, elected from Haroli, is a staunch loyalist of former CM Virbhadra Singh.
- The decision on the new CLP leader was taken by Congress president Rahul Gandhi in New Delhi.
PM Modi to open meet of Indian-origin lawmakers in Delhi on Jan 9.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the conference of parliamentarians of Indian origin (PIOs) from 23 countries here on January 9.
- Over 140 members of parliament and mayors will attend the meet at the Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra at Chanakyapuri.
- 124 MPs from the UK, Canada, Fiji, Kenya, Mauritius, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and other countries will take part.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 6 Updates from around the globe.
China begins building the third aircraft carrier.
- China has started building its third aircraft carrier with a hi-tech launch system.
- It is completing a new type of destroyer with modern weapons to be deployed in the Indian Ocean and the South China Sea.
- China launches its first aircraft carrier in 2014 which is a refitted vessel of the hull of a former Soviet ship.
- The second aircraft carrier will take a launch this year.
China develops new underwater surveillance network.
- China’s underwater glider has successfully ended its mission to the Indian Ocean and the South China Sea.
- It has developed a new underwater surveillance network to help its submarines lock on to targets.
- China’s independently-developed underwater glider, Haiyi, which means “sea wings” in Chinese, has successfully completed a scientific observation in the Indian Ocean.
Science and Technology News
Check out the latest trending science and technology Current Affairs Jan 6 updates by reading the news.
ISRO ready for the first satellite launch in 4 Months after failure in August.
- Since August last year, ISRO had an agonising four months fixing the problem on its rockets.
- The space agency says the problem is solved and it is ready to fly its rockets again with 31 satellites.
- ISRO, the country’s premier space agency that handles the launch seems to have regained confidence and is ready for a lift-off on January 12.
Appointment news with complete details on Jan 6 Current Affairs
Lenovo India appoints Alok Garodia as CFO.
- Chinese technology company Lenovo announced it has appointed Alok Garodia as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for its India operations.
- Garodia joins Lenovo from Nike where he served as Director, Finance/CFO, of the India business.
PHF appoints Hasan Sardar as chief coach of Pakistan hockey team.
- Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) appoints former captain Hasan Sardar as the new chief coach of the national team.
- He will be assisted by former internationals, Rehan Butt and Muhammad Saqlain on the coaching panel.
- Pakistan will appear in three major hockey events this year including the Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and World Cup.
Canadian Nicholas Latifi appointed Force India F1 reserve.
- Force India has appointed 22-year-old Nicholas Latifi as test and reserve driver for the 2018 season after a fine showing in Formula Two last year.
- He will back up Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon and look after some of the Friday test sessions.
- The Canadian came fifth in the F2 standings last season after one win, at Silverstone, and nine podium finishes.
Current Affairs Jan 6 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Viswanathan Anand to play in Chess Olympiad.
- Viswanathan Anand is set to be part of the next edition of Chess Olympiad which will take place at Batumi, Georgia in September this year.
- The presence of Anand, who had last taken part in the biennial event back in 2006, will be a big boost for India.
- India’s best showing in the Olympiad has been a bronze medal at the 2014 edition.
Chelsea complete signing of Barkley from Everton.
- England midfielder Ross Barkley completed a move to Chelsea from Everton with the London club saying the 24-year-old had signed a 5-1/2 year contract.
- Barkley made 150 Premier League appearances for the Merseyside club he joined as an 11-year-old, making his league debut in 2011.
Pakistan’s first Air Marshal Asghar Khan dies aged 96.
- Air Marshal Asghar Khan, the first native commander-in-chief of the Pakistan Air Force and a veteran politician, died of cardiac arrest in Rawalpindi.
- Khan became the youngest head of the PAF at the age of 35.
- Khan, a former politician and a World War 2 veteran, originally served as an officer in the British Indian Army.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 6:
|Current Affairs | 05-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 04-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.