Current Affairs Jan 7 2018
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 7.
Haryana Government frames rehabilitation policy for slum-dwellers.
- Haryana government has framed a rehabilitation policy for people living in slums on government land.
- Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved the slum-in-site policy.
- The policy applies to slums identified under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana survey, conducted by the state.
- The developer will pay rent to every household so that the beneficiaries could move to other locations and construction activities could start.
- Rent for such households in Municipal Corporation of Gurugram and Faridabad would be Rs 3,000 per month and Rs 2,000 per month for other areas, the release said.
- For 15 years, the unit would be given to the beneficiary on lease.
- The ownership rights of the unit allotted will be given after 15 years of allotment.
Assam Government keen on starting flight operations between Guwahati and ASEAN nations.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said his government wants to start flight operations between Guwahati and the capital cities of the ASEAN nations.
- The construction of a new terminal building at the LGBI Airport in Guwahati will be starting soon.
- Sonowal said his government was determined to step up efforts in increasing interactions with the ASEAN countries, including enhancing people-to-people contact and trade and other relations.
- Assam and other Northeastern states are close to many of the ASEAN countries.
- Most ASEAN capitals are within a 2,000 km flying distance from Guwahati.
- Therefore, the government is keen on starting flights between Guwahati and ASEAN capitals.
Indigo starts service from Tirupati to Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
- IndiGo Airlines commenced three daily flights to Hyderabad and two to Bangalore from Temple town Tirupati.
- Ashok Gajapathi Raju, Union Minister of Civil Aviation and IndiGo president Aditya Ghosh flagged off the air services at Sri Venkateswara International Airport at Renigunta.
- The airport is locatd 15 kms from Tirupati.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 7 Updates from around the globe.
Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad named as prime ministerial candidate.
- Malaysia’s opposition alliance named former PM Mahathir Mohamad as its prime ministerial candidate for a general election.
- Mahathir, who ran the country for two decades and is now 92 years old.
- Anwar Ibrahim, the country’s most popular opposition leader in jail, Mahathir is seen as the biggest threat for premier Najib Razak.
- Anwar’s wife Wan Azizah Wan Ismail will be the candidate for deputy prime minister.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Jan 7 updates by reading the news.
Patanjali Ayurved to partner with eight leading e-tailers and aggregators.
- Baba Ramdev-led Patanjali Ayurved will partner with eight leading etailers and aggregators to give a big push to online sales.
- The Haridwar-based company is expected to enter into agreements this month with major online retailers — Amazon, Flipkart, Paytm Mall, 1MG, bigbasket, grofers, shopclues and snapdeal.
- Patanjali is organising a function on January 16 here and representatives of all the online companies are expected to attend it along with Ramdev and its MD Acharya Balkrishna.
- Patanjali had forayed into kids and adult diapers and affordable sanitary napkins segments.
- It has announced that it is venturing into solar equipment manufacturing.
- Besides FMCG (fast-moving consumer goods) segment, Patanjali Ayurved is present in other sectors such as education and healthcare.
Sebi imposes Rs 5 lakh fine on IFCI Factors and three others.
- Markets regulator Sebi has imposed a fine of Rs 5 lakh on IFCI Factors and three others.
- Apart from IFCI Factors, the other three entities are Shiva Cement’s promoters — Unicon Merchants, Akash Gupta and Preeti Gupta.
- The four entities had violated SAST (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulation for the transactions dated April 21, 2014 in the shares of Shiva Cement.
- The promoters had pledged Shiva Cement’s shares, which were released on April 21, 2014. IFCI Factors was the counter-party to the transactions and had acquired the shares.
- For the violations, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has levied a fine of Rs 3 lakh on the promoters and Rs 2 lakh on IFCI Factors.
Appointment news with complete details on Jan 7 Current Affairs
Volkswagen US sales chief Ron Stach quits.
- Senior sales manager of Volkswagen’s North America operations has quit the company.
- Ron Stach, senior vice president of sales at Volkswagen of America, has left the automaker.
- The reason for Stach’s departure is unknown.
- Stach, had joined VW’s North America operations in 2006 and previously worked at Mazda Motor Corp.
- Stach became vice president of sales in March 2016, when Michael Horn, Volkwagen’s then-CEO of North American operations, resigned.
- He will be replaced temporarily by Derrick Hatami who joined VW of America last June as executive vice president for sales and marketing.
Current Affairs Jan 7 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Makhaya Ntini steps down as Zimbabwe’s bowling coach.
- Former South African seamer, Makhaya Ntini has stepped down from his position as Zimbabwe’s bowling coach.
- Ntini had taken over the reigns as a specialist bowling coach in February 2016 on a two-year contract.
- He was the head coach until Heath Streak took over in November this year.
- Under his tenure, Zimbabwe had won the ODI series against Sri Lanka, which was their first major overseas one-day series win since 2001.
- He is the first South African to take 10 wickets in a Test match at Lords.
- Ntinin played 101 Test matches, 173 one-day internationals and 10 Twenty20 international matches for South Africa.
Bengaluru FC beat defending champions ATK 1-0.
- BFC Skipper Sunil Chhetri struck the only goal as Bengaluru FC beat defending champions ATK 1-0.
- The win gave three crucial points to Bengaluru FC, who are now leading the points table with 18 points from six wins in nine matches.
- Chennaiyin FC and FC Pune City are placed at second and third places respectively with 17 and 16 points.
- Chhetri scored the lone goal in the game in the 39th minute.
CS Santosh finishes at 13thin the 1st stage of Dakar Rally.
- India’s C S Santosh was placed at 13th among the bikers at the end of the first stage of the Dakar Rally.
- His Hero MotoSports Rally teammate Joaquim Rodrigues met with a spectacular crash to end his race.
- Santosh clocked 24 minute 11 seconds to cover the first stage of 30 km. The first stage covered from Lima to Pisco.
- Another 13 stages are remaining in the world’s toughest off-road rally which will end on January 20 in Cordoba of Argentina via Bolivia.
- Santosh used a vastly improved Hero RR 450 bike with the Indian tri-colour imprint on it.
- Joaquim Rodrigues met with a crash midway into the 1st stage.
NASA astronaut John Young dies at 87.
- Astronaut John Young, 87, passed away after contracting pneumonia.
- He was the only astronaut to fly in NASA’s Gemini, Apollo and space shuttle programmes.
- Also, the first to fly into space six times and the first to command a shuttle flight.
- He was one of the only three astronauts to launch to the moon on two occasions and was the ninth person to set foot on the lunar surface.
- Young became the first astronaut to orbit the moon alone. He had also set the record for attaining the highest speed, 38,897 kilometres per hour, by an astronaut aboard a spacecraft.
- In 1962, he set the world “time-to-climb records” to 3,000 and 25,000-meter altitudes onboard the McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 7:
|Current Affairs | 07-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 06-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.