Current Affairs Jan 8 2018
Have a complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Jan 8.
Indian Railways to equip all 8,500 stations with Wi-Fi to boost Digital India.
- All railway stations nearly 8,500 across the country, including those in rural and remote areas will have Wi-Fi facilities at an estimated cost of Rs 700 crore.
- As per the plan at a recent meeting, while 1,200 stations are identified for this facility to primarily cater to rail passengers.
- The Wi-Fi facility at these stations in rural and remote areas will be offered to the local population as part of the digital makeover of rural India to promote e-governance.
Bhagwat to hoist the national flag in Kerala on Jan 26.
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is all set to hoist the tricolour again in the Left-ruled state on Republic Day.
- He will host the flag on January 26 in a school on the outskirts of Palakkad.
- Bhagwat will be in Kerala to attend a three-day Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) camp, to be held in a school near Palakkad town from January 26.
Uttar Pradesh government orders removal of unauthorized loudspeakers.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has ordered the removal of unauthorised loudspeakers from religious and public places in the state.
- The government has directed officials to identify the places with unauthorised loudspeakers by January 10 and issue notices to defaulters.
- As per the order, January 15 is the last date for getting authorisation after which all illegal loudspeakers should be remove by January 20.
Important National Updates
National Current Affairs Jan 8 updates which are trending in the country.
Google doodle pays tribute to fearless Nadia on her 110th birth anniversary.
- Google Doodle today pays a tribute to Fearless Nadia on her 110th birth anniversary.
- Mary Ann Evans, better known by her stage name Fearless Nadia was an actress and stuntwoman from Australia.
- She is known for her role in Hunterwali in 1935 which is one of the earliest female-lead Indian films.
Centre gives a nod to construction of 14,000 bunkers along LoC, IB.
- The union government has sanctioned the construction of 14,460 individual and community bunkers at a cost of Rs 415.73 crore along the Line of Control (LoC) and International Border (IB).
- According to officials, a total of 13,029 individual bunkers and 1,431 community bunkers will be constructed in Jammu, Samba, Kathua, Poonch and Rajouri sectors.
- India shares a 3,323km long border with Pakistan, of which 221km of the IB and 740km of the LoC fall in Jammu and Kashmir.
Latest International Current Affairs Jan 8 Updates from around the globe.
Chinese city gets face recognition tech for registering marriages.
- Chongqing city in southwest China has introduced facial recognition technology for marriage registration.
- The Marriage, Adoption Registration Management Centre of Chongqing says the new system took a launch in January.
- Based on Chinese law, the registrars must check a person’s identity and household registration certificates before awarding them a marriage certificate.
UK PM Theresa May to reshuffle cabinet today.
- Britain’s government to undergo a reshuffle as Prime Minister Theresa May looks to reassert her authority following a string of high-profile departures.
- Deputy prime minister Damian Green is set to be replaced after stepping down last month over a pornography scandal.
- May’s Downing Street office also said that widespread reports that cabinet ministers would discover their fate today were not inaccurate.
Chinese startup unveils ‘car of future’ for $45,000.
- A Chinese startup unveiled an “intuitive and intelligent” car to global markets starting next year from around $45,000.
- The electric-powered concept car shown by Byton at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas is touted as a computing device on wheels, equipped with a “digital” lounge.
- Byton, led by former executives from Tesla, BMW, Apple and Google, said it expects to launch in China by 2019 and in the United States and Europe by 2020.
Check out the latest trending Business Current Affairs Jan 8 updates by reading the news.
Uber re-launches autorickshaw service in India.
- Cab-hailing major Uber is relaunching its ‘AUTO’ service in India, almost two years after shutting down the offering in March 2016.
- Uber will allow customers to book autorickshaw rides through the AUTO option on its platform, starting with Bengaluru and Pune.
- Ola, which also allows booking autorickshaw rides under its Auto service, had launched the offering in Bengaluru and Chennai in 2014.
- Ola Auto is currently operational across 73 cities with over 1.2 lakh autos in association with the company.
Baba Ramdev-led Patanjali Ayurved plans massive online push.
- Baba Ramdev-led Patanjali Ayurved is likely to partner with eight leading retailers and aggregators to give a big push to online sales.
- The Haridwar-based company will enter into agreements this month with major online retailers Amazon, Flipkart, Paytm Mall, 1MG, big basket, growers, shopclues and snapdeal.
- Patanjali is organising a function on January 16 were the representatives of all the online companies will attend it along with Ramdev.
Science and Technology Updates
Science and Technology news with complete details on Jan 8 Current Affairs
SpaceX to launch world’s most powerful rocket by ‘end of January’.
- Aerospace company SpaceX is set to launch Falcon Heavy the world’s most powerful rocket at the end of January.
- SpaceX also plans to attempt a world first with the launch of Falcon Heavy the company will attempt to simultaneously land and recover all three of its first-stage rocket cores.
- To date, SpaceX has launched 49 rockets, of which 44 have been successful.
China’s 8.5-tonne space lab set to fall to earth by March.
- China’s Tiangong-1 space laboratory country’s ambitions in space which took launch in 2011, is out of control and set to crash to the earth by the end of March.
- Most likely, the space lab will largely burn up as it enters the earth’s atmosphere over the ocean.
Current Affairs Jan 8 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Barcelona sign 160-million-euro Coutinho in the 3rd richest deal.
- Barcelona agreed to sign the Brazilian star Coutinho from Liverpool for 160 million euros.
- The Coutinho deal is the third-richest deal of all time.
- The swoop for the 25-year-old attacking midfielder which contains a 400 million euro release clause will be the third biggest deal in football.
Everton’s Mirallas re-joins Olympiakos on loan.
- Everton winger Kevin Mirallas has returned to former club Olympiakos Piraeus on loan until the end of the season.
- The 30-year-old has scored 38 goals in 186 appearances for Everton since joining the Merseyside club in 2012.
- The Belgium international spent two seasons at Olympiakos, scoring 34 goals in 71 appearances.
Makhaya Ntini steps down as Zimbabwe bowling coach.
- Former South African seamer, Makhaya Ntini has stepped down from his position as Zimbabwe’s bowling coach.
- Ntini had taken over the reigns as a specialist bowling coach in February 2016 on a two-year contract.
- Under his tenure, Zimbabwe had won the ODI series against Sri Lanka in the Island nation which was their first major overseas one-day series win since 2001.
John Young, US astronaut who set records in space with NASA, is dead at 87.
- John Young, a legendary US astronaut who went into space six times, orbited the moon and then walked on its craggy surface, has died.
- The space agency says he is 87 and died due to complications from pneumonia.
- NASA said he once held the world record for total time spent in space.
Links Related to Current Affairs Jan 8:
|Current Affairs | 07-Jan-2018||Current Affairs | 06-Jan-2018|
|Current Affairs January 2018||Current Affairs PDF Dec 2017|
|Current Affairs 2017 & 2016||Current Affairs Quiz 2017 & 2016|
Candidates hoping to get Government Jobs can get more details about the Current affairs from above links. You can read daily Current Affairs, and attempt Current Affairs Quiz which helps you to crack various Competitive Exams. Use these links to strengthen your General Knowledge Quotient. Users will be benefited from the free month wise Current Affairs PDF and Updates available for download. The Free Quizzes & GK Questions available in Current Affairs Section will benefit all the career hopefuls to get their desired Sarkari Naukri. This Daily Current Affairs page is well created by the dedicated team members of recruitment.guru.